Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2018, 15:44   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any specific reason why you took Bhokar -Bhasar - Nizamabad instead of proceeding east towards Nirmal from Bhokar and joining NH7?

Also, for someone heading north of Nanded (Lonar) which route would you suggest.

Thanks.
To visit the most famous Saraswati Temple at Basar.

No idea.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 08:52   #62
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

Anyone has latest updates on Hyderabad - Nanded route and road conditions.
Suggestions for a good hotel in Nanded.

thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 22:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
Anyone has latest updates on Hyderabad - Nanded route and road conditions.
Suggestions for a good hotel in Nanded.

thanks
Hello friend,

Have you completed hyderabad - nanded trip ? If yes, then can you please share some info as i will be doing a night trip from akola to hyderabad via nanded shortly. Any pointers will be of great help since i will be doing this along with my parents.
Old 19th June 2019, 17:59   #64
BHPian

Would be awesome if someone could post a more recent update on road conditions on the Hyderabad-Akola route.

Per Google, the options seem to be :
1. NH 161 via Nizamabad - Bodhan - Naigaon - Nanded - Washim
2. NH 44 till Nirmal and then connect to Washim-Akola route via Himayatnagar - Umarkhed

Any suggestions would be really helpful - traveling with 2 kids (incl. an infant) and elderly parents.
Old 26th October 2022, 16:29   #65

First Post:

I recently completed Hyderabad Nanded Nagpur. Google was suggesting two routes.

on Hyderabad Nanded Stretch:
1) hyderabad > degloor > Nanded (shorter time and distance)
2) hyderabad > Nizamabad > Basar > Nanded

Upon reading old threads I decided to go with the second. After Nizamabad at Jankampet Google showed faster route connecting to the first option before Degloor, however I decided to continue on Basar Road. In between certain sections of the road were completely missing partly due to concrete Road construction works.

However, the last 25 kms to Nanded were pothole ridden. I am not sure if the Google navigation was at fault or all the roads leading to Nanded are like that. I faced the same problem while leaving Nanded for Nagpur. I could drive only 30 kms in first 1.5 hrs.

I would recommend to try the first option to others and help the community in deciding upon the better route.

ps: I was so engrossed in avoiding potholes and bad stretches that I can't recollect in much detail
Old 26th October 2022, 18:45   #66
BHPian

For your nanded - nagpur leg of journey you should have come across https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5417987 (Nagpur - Mahur - Nanded : Route Queries) but I guess its too late now. May be for next time.
Old 2nd January 2023, 09:50   #67
BHPian

I travelled from Nanded to Bengaluru on last Friday, 30th Dec. Here are the road conditions from Nanded till Nehru ORR Hyderabad. I took the following route based on Google Maps recommendation:
Nanded-->Narsi-->Degloor-->Nizampet-->Nehru ORR.

Exit from Nanded - 5-7 kms is worst, broken roads to no roads. Very slow progress.

Nanded to Narsi - 4 laned road with divider. Tarmac is not in excellent conditions and offers a bumpy ride up and down with a lot of patchwork done. However, there were very few to no potholes, and hence I could maintain a steady speed of 70-80 kmph. Since, I left early in the morning at around 6:30 AM, I hardly encountered any traffic.

Narsi to Degloor - Single road, but with much better smooth tarmac. Hardly any traffic and once again I could easily maintain speeds of around 80 kmph

Degloor to Nizmpet to Nehru ORR - After exiting Degloor and crossing over to Telangana, the toll road starts. Excellent tarmac and hardly any traffic. I made rapid progress towards Hyderabad and could reach Nehru ORR in no time. Paid INR 75 and INR 70 at Dharmaram and Kollapalle Toll plazas.

Start Time at Nanded Hotel: 6:32 AM
End Time at Nehru ORR Entry Toll: 9:58 AM

Overall a pleasant journey despite the fact the Nanded city roads put you off and villages slow you down with speed breakers and sometimes broken roads.
gurminder_81 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks