Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 10:40   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

Can you please advise on what is the best route from Hyderabad to Nanded by road?

Also any pointers on the road condition, good scenic spots/places to eat along the way and any expereince of visiting the gurudwara at nanded would be great.

One last question how does the gurudwara at nanded compare with the one at Bidar?
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:44   #2
BHPian

I think the best route is Hyderabad-medchal-Nizamabad-Bodhan-Nanded.
Hyd - Nzb the roads are good, after nizamabad after 15 Km if you take a diversion and travel another 40 Km you can visit the famous BASAR SARASWATHI Temple( only temple in entire south India). after Nizamabad I'm not sure how the road conditions are.

I'd been to Gurudwara, I was told that this is the second largest and most visited after Amritsar.
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Road conditions are good in Maharashtra side.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:55   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 29th January 2009, 12:59   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Road conditions till Basar are quite good. It is a breezy drive until Basar which is 225kms from Hyderabad.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:37   #6
BHPian

What is the latest on Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Bodhan-Narsi-Nanded route?

Any tips on where to stay at Nanded, apart from the Gurdwara rooms?

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th September 2009, 22:08   #7
BHPian

Though there is an alternate route via Degloor; Nizamabad-Bodhan-Narsi-has always been the prevalent route. Also, though I do not know the current condition, it has always been in good shape.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:47   #8
BHPian

Thanks Naren. Will stick to the tried and tested route.

I guess I will update all T-BHP members about the present condition of this route and the various options for places for stay at Nanded - after my return.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:02   #9
BHPian

There are a lot of rooms inside the gurudwara - you should be able to book them for your stay.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:28   #10
BHPian

Options in private lodging are Ramkrishna, Taj Patil, Anuradha Palace, Chandralok. Ramkrishna is beleived to be probably better. Pls note I have not stayed at any of these places - just been to Taj Patil around 7 years ago!
Old 5th October 2009, 10:16   #11
BHPian

An Update on Hyderabad-Nanded-Hyderabad Trip in October 2009

Distance : 308 Kilometres from Somajiguda Circle at Hyderabad to Langar Sahib Gurudwara at Nanded.

Route : Hyderabad (Somajiguda Circle – Begumpet - Tarbund - Bowenpally) - Kompally - Medchal - Dichpally - Nizamabad - Bodhan - Narsi - Nanded. The other two routes, via Nirmal and via Bidar, are not in as good shape and not worth it unless Bidar Gurudwara is on the agenda in which case only 1 way should be using that route.

Driving Time : 05H:30M (Non-Stop).

Suitable Enroute Pit Stops : Haritha Restaurant (AP Tourism) before Kamareddy on the left side / Dhabas at Dichpally (the junction where you turn left off NH 7 for Nizamabad) on both sides before and after the turn / Nizamabad City.

Caution :
  1. Do not take Bodhan Bye-Pass. Bye-Pass is just pot holes. Better go through Bodhan City.
  2. Somewhere around 250 KM from Hyderabad towards Nanded, 2 bridges are under construction and the diversions are nothing but paths of ruts.
  3. The roads of Maharashtra Highways are like Roller Coaster viz-a-viz the smooth AP roads though you can maintain 80/100 kmph even there.
Stay : A/C Room with attached toilet in NRI Complex opposite Langar Sahib Gurudwara costs Rs. 300 per night (the room we stayed had 4 beds, 1 extra mattress and 1 sofa - easily could fit 6 adults and couple of kids) – Do not even think of any hotels, these rooms are far superior. Prfereable to book them online to avoid last minute disappointment.

Food : Langar at Langar Sahib Gurudwara is free for all and functions 24 hours a day (yummy and superb food) - Black Dal, Cabbage, Punjabi Kadi, Rotis, 2 types of Rice is what we got to eat. Free Hot Milk and Tea are also available in the Langar. Excellent Paronthas (Rs. 10 each for any of Mooli, Aloo or Gobhi) are available at road side shops near Langar Sahib Gurudwara as well as Sachkhand Hazur Sahib Gurudwara - the Curd costs Rs. 5 and Tea Rs. 6. Ample shops sell fruits, cold drinks, bottled water, tea, hot milk and other stuff. Vada-Pav is available in the evenings for Rs. 5 each at a couple of outlets.

Pleasure : The 100+ KM of 4 Lane Highway from Jeedimetla Village (before Runway 9) till after Kamareddy is a sheer joy to drive where one can average around 100/125 kmph (note I have written average and not maximum speed).

All in all - an excellent weekend destination from Hyderabad for the sheer pleasure of a nice drive with yummy food !!!
Old 5th October 2009, 11:06   #12
BHPian

Here is my trip log for Hyderabad-Nanded-Hyderabad done in October 2009
Attached Files
File Type: xls Hyderabad_Nanded_Hyderabad.xls (74.5 KB, 1496 views)
Old 5th October 2009, 11:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Stay : A/C Room with attached toilet in NRI Complex opposite Langar Sahib Gurudwara costs Rs. 300 per night (the room we stayed had 4 beds, 1 extra mattress and 1 sofa - easily could fit 6 adults and couple of kids) – Do not even think of any hotels, these rooms are far superior. Prfereable to book them online to avoid last minute disappointment.
Guide to Stay at Nanded:

Dhan Dhan Baba Buddha Ji N.R.I. Complex, Gurudwara Langar Sahib, Nagina Ghat Road, Nanded - 431 601 ; Tel.: (02462) 24-2460/20-5813 ; Sachkhand Shri Hazur Sahib ; Gurudwara Langar Sahib Ji, Huzur Sahib, Nanded - Tercentenary Celebration Guru Granth Sahib ;
Old 5th October 2009, 20:15   #14
BHPian

Regarding accomdation in NRI complex, I was not aware this is allowed for Resident Indians. Gurudwara website asks for Passport/Visa details!

Good to hear that you had a nice pilgrimage.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:56   #15

Dear Hyd_Traveller,

Thanks for the trip log. I will also take the same route.

I'm planning to go Nanded to the Gurdwara. I'm going to be driving alone (to & fro) in my Innova (done 47K and have new set of Michellin XM+ tyres).

Request for updated information for the following points:
1. regarding road conditions,
2. safety and any other aspect which i need to consider as I will be doing this trip all by myself

Please respond and help as I plan to do this trip on 29th Nov 2010.

Thanks in advance and anticipation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Here is my trip log for Hyderabad-Nanded-Hyderabad done in October 2009

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks