Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 23:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Guys,

Planning to pay a visit to Gurudwara Hazur Sahib at Nanded this weekend. During the search on the forum and on google, I have come to know about 3 routes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
A round trip of 650 odd kms. Do not think too much on saving a few kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
How are the highways between Hyderabad, Nanded and Akola? Is this even recommended?
Gents, I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Nanded sometime in early May. I know that NH7 from Bangalore to Hyderabad is pretty good drive. How about Hyderabad to Nanded? Is the one via Nizamabad still the best to take?

Since its a Gurudwara pilgrimage trip, Bidar is also on the agenda. Hows that route specifically.

Also hows the route beyond Hyderabad for night driving?

Thanks in advance for your inputs
Old 12th April 2014, 07:21   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Gents, I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Nanded sometime in early May. I know that NH7 from Bangalore to Hyderabad is pretty good drive. How about Hyderabad to Nanded? Is the one via Nizamabad still the best to take?
Yes I think the best is Nizamabad followed by SH22. (Bhainsa-Nanded)

Quote:
Since its a Gurudwara pilgrimage trip, Bidar is also on the agenda. Hows that route specifically.
No idea about Nanded-Bidar road. But note it would be hot. And as regards to route near Hyd close to Bidar, Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyd on NH9 is in a very bad shape.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 10:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance for your inputs
Here are the route options i had considered when travelling from Nanded to Bangalore:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2998888

Of these, I finally took the Bhainsa route but was disappointed with the road quality in some places. You can read my update about the route, including a couple of video clips of the roads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3003886

I doubt if the road quality has improved in Bhainsa. You could try the Bodhan route as a few others have also travelled through that route.

Hope this helps.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 13:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going to be superhot.Hyd is already in the 40s.

Hyd-Nanded is via Dichipally-Nizamabad-Bodhan-Nanded.Roads are good to average,and traditional 2laned one.

Quote:
No safety issues,however once you leave the NH7 at Dichippally it is going to be quite isolated.I would suggest stay the night at Hyd and leave for Nanded after breakfast.
I dont have any inputs to offer on the Nanded-Bidar route but the reccomended route should be the one via Udgir and Bhalki to Bidar.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 13:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Bidar via Zaheerabad is a good stretch except that from AP-Karnataka border upto Shahpur gate road is bit narrow. I stayed in Bidar for 6 years and always remember KSRTC bus taking the Aurad, Degaloor route to Nanded, had travelled few times via Bhalki, Udgir also to Nanded but roads were not that great in Karnataka. Bidar has decent options to stay overnight and for food also on Udgir Road so you can halt in Bidar without any issues

Last edited by deehunk : 12th April 2014 at 13:28. Reason: typo
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 12:56   #36
BHPian

Hyderabad-Dichpally-Nirmal-Nanded may be better than Hyderabad-Dichpally-Nizamabad-Bodhan-Nanded as per my understanding based on various posts over different threads on different forums.
Old 20th January 2015, 14:08   #37

Just came back from Banagalore-Hyderabad-Nanded roundtrip so thought it was a moral obligation to provide an update on the road condition (I have been receiving so much valuable information for all my trips from TBHP, so it is payback time now)

Since this thread is focused on the Hyderabad Nanded stretch, I will limit the discussion to only that.

The route we took was:

Hyderabad to Nizamabad
Road - NH7
Format - 160 kms of 4 laned till Dichpally exit and 17 kms of two laned undivided road from Dichpally to Nizamabad
Condition - Excellent
Speed - Can consistently be maintained at 120+ except for Dichpally to Nizamabad where you can move at around 60-80 km/hr due to local town traffic.
Traffic - Sparse, mostly trucks and cars with very few two-wheelers except for Dichpally to Nizamabad where it is mostly two-wheelers and few cars

Nizamabad to Manjira River bridge (a few kms after Bodhan)
Road - SH25
Format - 36 kms of two laned undivided road from Nizamabad to Bodhan
Condition - Average
Speed - Around 90 kmph
Traffic - Sparse, two-wheelers and few sightings of cattle and farm vehicles

Manjira River bridge (this is also the Telangana-Maharashtra border) to Nanded
Road - SH225 till Narsi. Not sure about the SH number from Narsi to Nanded
Format - Roughly 80 kms of 4 laned tarmac
Condition - Excellent all the way till Nanded (I was told by a local dhaba wala that this new stretch was opened for traffic only 2-3 months ago)
Speed - Can be consistently maintained at 120+ km/hr
Traffic - Few cars and even fewer two-wheelers till Nanded

This is the route I had taken:
Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries-map.jpg
harjeet.khokher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:17   #38
BHPian

Hi Team
Was planning a trip to Nanded Hazur Sahib for a long time.
Any update about the road conditions as of now ? since it's 2016
HYD to NZBD is a breeze as i had been to Basar temple not long back.
Can you guys help me with the best route from Nzbd to Nanded ?
Is it through Nirmal or Bahinsa or Bodhan ?
Also can it be managed in a wknd trip.
If we start saturday early morning > Night Stay > back home HYD on Sunday.
with 4 Adults , Alto K10 Car.
Please help me with your valuable inputs.
Old 16th April 2016, 15:14   #39
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

Update on the Hyderabad to Nanded route via Bidar
I recently visited Nanded and since I wanted to visit Nanak Jhira Gurudwara at Bidar we went via Bidar
Route Taken:
Hyderabad-->Zaheerabad-->Bidar-->Nanded
Nanded-->Bodhan-->Nizamabad-->Hyderabad (Airport) : 340 Kms (excellent route , bodhan bypass is broken but it is just 3 kms and is manageable and nothing to worry abt) we did it in 5 hr 30 mins without crossing 100 km/hr

Hyderabad to Bidar approx 150 kms. Took abt 3 hrs at moderate speeds
Bidar to Nanded again approx 150 kms till degloor there are a couple of very bad patches though you can negotiate the craters without scraping under body. In all approx 25 kms is in very bad shape but is doable. We were in a dezire and had no problems.

Last edited by driftagain : 16th April 2016 at 15:21.
driftagain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 08:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
I recently visited Nanded and since I wanted to visit Nanak Jhira Gurudwara at Bidar we went via Bidar
Route Taken:
Nanded-->Bodhan-->Nizamabad-->Hyderabad (Airport) : 340 Kms (excellent route , bodhan bypass is broken but it is just 3 kms and is manageable and nothing to worry abt) we did it in 5 hr 30 mins without crossing 100 km/hr

Bidar to Nanded again approx 150 kms till degloor there are a couple of very bad patches though you can negotiate the craters without scraping under body. In all approx 25 kms is in very bad shape but is doable. We were in a dezire and had no problems.
Going through Bodhan town is strongly advisable and the same has been mentioned many a times on various threads on this forum.
Old 18th April 2016, 14:32   #41
BHPian

is this because of just bad roads or some other reason? I had just gone through this thread before leaving
Old 8th August 2016, 17:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
Hi Team
Was planning a trip to Nanded Hazur Sahib for a long time.
Any update about the road conditions as of now ? since it's 2016
HYD to NZBD is a breeze as i had been to Basar temple not long back.
Can you guys help me with the best route from Nzbd to Nanded ?
Is it through Nirmal or Bahinsa or Bodhan ?
Also can it be managed in a wknd trip.
If we start saturday early morning > Night Stay > back home HYD on Sunday.
with 4 Adults , Alto K10 Car.
Please help me with your valuable inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
Route Taken:

Hey Folks, I am planning a Bangalore to Nanded trip and trying to figure whats the best way to get to Nanded. My intent is that while going i want to directly go and on the way back come via Bider. Google map shows primary recommendation via Nizampet-Degloor, where as on the forum all of you have used via Nizamabad which would be a longer route coming from Bangalore. Recommendations please ?
Old 9th August 2016, 12:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Google map shows primary recommendation via Nizampet-Degloor, where as on the forum all of you have used via Nizamabad which would be a longer route coming from Bangalore.
Take a call first, do you trust and want to rely on google maps or on members of the forum.

Google Maps might show you the shortest route and a certain travel time associated with it but does it account for mud-roads, village roads, only tractor suitable roads, gradients, pot holes and many such attributes.

Bangalore - Hyderabad - bye pass using ORR clockwise and exit on Nagpur Highway - Hyderabad - Dichpally - turn left - Nizamabad - Bodhan (go through the town, do not use bye pass) - Bodhan - Lohogaon - turn right - Lohogaon - Nanded.

Nanded - Lohogaon - go straight - Lohogaon - Degloor - Aurad - Bidar. No idea of road conditions between Lohogaon and Bidar but you can enquire from the taxi guys and bus drivers at Lohogaon while going to Nanded on suitability but frankly, no alternative unless you drop Bidar from the itinerary.

Bidar - Zaheerabad - turn left - Zaheerabad - Hyderabad - bye pass using ORR anti clockwise and exit at Shamshabad - Hyderabad - Bangalore. Road condition between Zaheerbad and ORR are not exactly good.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 18:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Take a call first, do you trust and want to rely on google maps or on members of the forum.

Google Maps might show you the shortest route and a certain travel time associated with it but does it account for mud-roads, village roads, only tractor suitable roads, gradients, pot holes and many such attributes.
No offence intended man. The point of the query is to clarify given that I dont see any feedback on the route that google is recommending. Google is also not just a dumb routing s/w, it does account for road conditions and drive times through statistics. But nothing like 1st hand experience hence the question on the forum. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 19th August 2016, 15:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just got done with my BLR-HYD-BIDAR-Nanded-HYD-BLR trip over the long weekend. Did Hyd-Bidar on 13th Aug, Bidar-Nanded on 14th Aug, Nanded-Hyde on 16th Aug. Details below.

Hyd-Bidar route taken was Hyd-Zaheerabad-Bidar. Road from Hyd to Zaheerabad is just horrible mainly due to 4 laning that is on going. Traffic is huge esp trucks and pot holed road with continuous deviations. Zaheerabad to Bidar its a small state road which is much nicer as its well paved with limited traffic.

Bidar to Nanded route taken was Bidar - Degloor - Lohogaon - Nanded. The first 60km stretch till Degloor is extremely bad with no roads at most parts. Its a tough drive and good test of the car. Took us more than 2hrs to cover the distance. Degloor to Nand on highway 161 is very nice and smooth. INitially it was 2 lane and then became 4 lane. Watch out for lot of big dual speed breakers at every small village though which require to be slowed down to 1st gear speeds. Last 100kms from degloor took lesss than 1.5hr

Nanded to Hyd route taken was Nanded-Lohogaon-Bodhan-Nizamabad-Hyd. Road till Nizamabad is generally decent with few bad patches. But speeds at not very high. Nizamabad onwards its amazing NH. We reached hyde in about 5hrs.

I feel that Nanded-Hyde can also be done via degloor since road conditions are good and would be similar time as via Nizamabad, not sure about road conditions between Degloor to Sangareddy but my estimate is that it should be decent.

Last edited by supertinu : 19th August 2016 at 15:38.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks