Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2024, 15:20   #4246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Did Pune - Goa today. Took Pune - Karad - Anuskura - Oni - Goa route.

Roads are butter smooth, of you ignore the MH section of the NH which has a diversion every 10 kms. But this is a normal in MH since a decade now atleast.

No bad patches of road in this section + the ghat section via Anuskura during monsoons is a sight to behold. Here's a glimpse of what I encountered enroute. Attaching a pic for reference.

With breaks it took me 9.5 hours. Very good in my opinion
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-img20240609104232.jpg  

vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 13:02   #4247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
I did Goa to Navi Mumbai and return one month apart. The above route holds true both ways.
I'll be leaving Mapusa tomorrow. Looking at the various options coming up on the navigation apps, I've decided to go with the old highway and avoid the Ghats-Karad section.

In essence from what you recommended I guess it goes: Mapusa-Banda-Watul-Kankadi-Devrukh-Kosumb-Sangameshwar-Chiplun-Mahad-Lonere (Hotel Kiran is a great stop for food)-Mangaon bypass-Khed-Nagothane.. which is where I need to make a decision; Go right via Durshet to join Khalapur or left via Pen; ultimately I need to take Atul Setu to Dadar.

What would you recommend after Nagothane?

Also, is there any better way to avoid Mangaon? I couldn't really plot the exact option to bypass the infamous Mangaon stretch.

Appreciate your updates in advance! Thanks.
Old 11th June 2024, 19:32   #4248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
What would you recommend after Nagothane?

Also, is there any better way to avoid Mangaon? I couldn't really plot the exact option to bypass the infamous Mangaon stretch.

Appreciate your updates in advance! Thanks.
After Nagothane. I followed the route to Khopoli and the expressway as I got feedback that the Pen route is riddled with potholes.

Depending on the traffic in Mangaon you may choose to ask the locals for an alternate parallel route.
Old 14th June 2024, 02:46   #4249
BHPian

This Monday I came back through Sawantwadi->Amboli->Garghoti->Mumbai route. The route is scenic up until you reach NH48, and has almost no major issues except for some diversions in Kolhapur/Satara.
Old 14th June 2024, 15:30   #4250
Senior - BHPian

Anuskura ghat is closed since yesterday evening due to landslide. I learnt the hard way on my way back from Goa. Wasted couple of hours. Had to travel back to Oni and then take right from Vatal and take the Amba Ghat.

Road via Amba ghat are in pathetic condition till one reaches Malkapur.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th June 2024 at 17:31. Reason: Typo edited
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 17:30   #4251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Anuskura ghat is closed since yesterday evening due to landslide. I learnt the hard way on my way back from Goa. Wasted couple of hours. Had to travel back to Oni and then take right from Vatal and take the Amba Ghat.

Road via Amba ghat are in pathetic condition till one reaches Malkapur.
Any idea where one can track updates on the Anuskura route? Is there some site / newsfeed where I cold track this? If you have any info / update on road condition post landslide that would also be helpful.

I am scheduled to return to Mumbai via this route over the weekend.

Thanks.

EDIT: For now, planning to take the NH 66 to Mumbai perhaps. Given the uncertainty re Anuskura.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th June 2024 at 18:19.
Old 14th June 2024, 21:29   #4252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

I am scheduled to return to Mumbai via this route over the weekend.

Thanks.

EDIT: For now, planning to take the NH 66 to Mumbai perhaps. Given the uncertainty re Anuskura.
Unfortunately no way to track, but I suggest you can still take the Amba Ghat route. Some 25-30 kms of bad patches and diversions and thereafter once you reach Malkapur, roads are good.

I felt double bad coz I wasted 3 hrs from Oni to Anuskura and back to Oni. And to add to it, the ghat roads were being repaired so lot of bad patches.

You can once check while taking right for Oni immediately to the local guys if they are aware of the Ghat. If it's still closed, go ahead on NH66 and take a right 4 kms later from Vatal.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 23:09   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Any idea where one can track updates on the Anuskura route? Is there some site / newsfeed where I cold track this? If you have any info / update on road condition post landslide that would also be helpful.
It looks like the road is open for cars, will be trying it tomorrow morning

https://pudhari.news/maharashtra/kok...t-is-smooth/ar
awarty is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed