Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2024, 11:54   #4216

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
The route I took back from Goa to Mumbai was as follows:

NH66 upto Kharepaten, then turn east onto SH 114 (you can also go up to Oni and then turn onto Pachal road) upto Pachal; pass Anushkara ghat and proceed up to Narayanwadi; then NH48 to Mumbai. This usually shows up by default on google maps. Here is the link:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VPRJP6nXQrMfVRvLA

However, the following route (which I took from Mumbai to Goa) is likely to take lesser time based on my experience:

NH66 till Watul; east onto MH 175 till Sangameshwar; rejoin NH66 at Sangameshwar; then NH66 till a little before Nagothane (you can follow NH66 further if you want - see my previous post though); turn east towards Pali; then Khopoli-Pali road then Mumbai Satara highway. While this route has some diversions/construction, you should be able to maintain fairly good average from Goa to Mahad, and then things slow down. Here is the link:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tqgeSYzZ2GmmdvcS9

Let me know what route you finally take and the present road condition. Will help all.

Cheers!
Thank you. How are the road conditions of the route via Sangameshwar thru Mangaon into Mumbai ?
Old 6th May 2024, 16:53   #4217
BHPian

Hey Folks, am travelling Pune to Goa this weekend in my Seltos and need suggestions on the current favorable route from Belagavi to North Goa. I understand the route via Anuskura and Oni to Goa is the most preferred one currently, but i have an overnight stop-over at Marriott Belagavi. Hence, that is not an option. I might use it while return from South Goa to Pune.

Below are the route options i see via Google Maps from Belagavi to North Goa:

1. via Amboli - Sawantwadi
2. via Patne - Tilari Nagar - Dodamarg [Shortest Route]
3. via Jamboti - Kankumbi - Chorla

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-belagavigoa.png

Looking forward to suggestions before i start my journey.

Thanks,
Abhishek.
Old 6th May 2024, 17:08   #4218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Below are the route options i see via Google Maps from Belagavi to North Goa:

1. via Amboli - Sawantwadi
2. via Patne - Tilari Nagar - Dodamarg [Shortest Route]
3. via Jamboti - Kankumbi - Chorla
I would recommend the first option: Belgavi-Amboli-Sawantwadi. The roads are excellent. I drove that route in January, and later, my friends drove that route in March. We loved the roads and the journey. So surely that is my recommendation, even though distance-wise this is a bit longer route. Nothing to worry at all about road surfaces there.

P.S. Added benefit of Amboli ghat road is the fresh hot vada-pav and tea in one of the many stalls in Amboli ghat. That is something I never miss when driving there :-)

Last edited by Dr.AD : 6th May 2024 at 17:14. Reason: Added the P.S.
Dr.AD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 16:48   #4219
BHPian

I'd advise otherwise. I just came back from Goa this Monday. I'd planned lunch in Kolhapur, so I took the North Goa -> Amboli -> Ajra route. While the overall road condition is good, the construction is still going on and there are lots of diversions.

Off topic, but for the onward journey I took the Anuskura route. The roads are narrow, but are in excellent condition. The only gripe is you need to plan the overtakes, but since the traffic isn't much, there are no complaints. My only complaint was the highway after Oni - the ride isn't smooth at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I would recommend the first option: Belgavi-Amboli-Sawantwadi. The roads are excellent. I drove that route in January, and later, my friends drove that route in March. We loved the roads and the journey. So surely that is my recommendation, even though distance-wise this is a bit longer route. Nothing to worry at all about road surfaces there.

Last edited by pkulkarni.2106 : 8th May 2024 at 16:51.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:07   #4220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
I'd advise otherwise. I just came back from Goa this Monday. I'd planned lunch in Kolhapur, so I took the North Goa -> Amboli -> Ajra route. While the overall road condition is good, the construction is still going on and there are lots of diversions.
Actually those diversions are from Amboli to Ajra route. The query was specifically from Belgavi to Amboli, and NOT Ajra or Kolhapur. Belgavi to Amboli (via Chandgad) is a smooth road for sure. I would not have suggested Ajra to Amboli road too, but since the question was specifically from Belgavi, I still recommend Belgavi-Amboli road.

Quote:
Off topic, but for the onward journey I took the Anuskura route. The roads are narrow, but are in excellent condition.
Yes, this road is great (as I had posted earlier and many others have posted too), and for sure, this is the 1st choice for driving from Pune to North Goa. However, again, that query was specifically about a night halt in Marriott Belgavi and roads from Belgavi to North Goa.

But yes, without a night stop requirement at Belgavi, Anuskura ghat is the best route to North Goa as of now.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 8th May 2024 at 17:23.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:12   #4221
BHPian

I drove to Goa on 27th April and back on 1st May - both sides it was via Anuskura Ghat and I can vouch for the comment above on this route. Quite scenic, smooth tar roads mostly and is more fun than to drive on 4 lane highways. With very comfortable driving and 2 breaks we managed to reach Candolim from Baner (Pune) in 9.5 Hrs which isnt bad I think. I'd expect this to be even more scenic in monsoons.
Old 9th May 2024, 10:28   #4222
BHPian

Quote:

But yes, without a night stop requirement at Belgavi, Anuskura ghat is the best route to North Goa as of now.
Thanks Doc. Would this be the preferred route for return from South Goa -> Pune as well?
Old 9th May 2024, 10:54   #4223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thanks Doc. Would this be the preferred route for return from South Goa -> Pune as well?
Yes, the same route (Anuskura - Malkapur - Karad - Pune) is the best from South Goa as well. Of course, you will have to travel from South Goa to North Goa, but that is not a big problem given that the roads from South Goa to North Goa are quite good now (especially if you drive that section in low traffic hours such as early morning hours).

However, once you are on NH66, travel all the way to Oni, before turning right towards Anuskura. Otherwise Google Maps suggests various shortcuts to Anuskura via small rural roads, and some of those are not in great condition. So the most recommended option is to travel all the way to Oni on NH66 while driving to/from Anuskura ghat to NH66.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 11:53   #4224
BHPian

Chorla Ghat update - I always take the Anuskura for my Mumbai-Goa drives since a couple of years now. However, had to take a halt in Belagavi for the night this time. Though Google Maps suggested taking the Anmod ghat from South Goa (3 hours), everyone in my circle suggested taking the Chorla (3 hour 25 mins) because its in great condition. So, I went ahead and took the route. Well, though overall the tarmac is great till the Goa border, there are multiple patches which have been dug out and laid with gravel every 1 km or so thus dropping your speed. This only starts after crossing into the Karnataka border. The Goa side is perfect.

I was driving a sedan with 5 adults and boot packed to the capacity, still didn't scrape anywhere. At one place, I saw the new tarmac being laid, so assuming the fresh tarmac will be completed before the monsoons.
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 22:13   #4225
BHPian

Doc, is the reccomended way you were mentioning.

I'll be doing North Goa to Pune next week.

Google Map Link - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/KAMA...!3e0?entry=ttu

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-capture.jpg
Old 15th May 2024, 09:08   #4226

Hi everyone,
I am travelling to Kolkata ( Kudal / Malvan) this weekend from Pune via Kolhapur.
Will be using NH4 from Pune to Kolhapur.

Wanted to check if anyone has travelled from Kolhapur to Konkan / Goa recently and get any recommendations about the route .
Old 15th May 2024, 09:40   #4227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Doc, is the reccomended way you were mentioning.

I'll be doing North Goa to Pune next week.
Hi Raul,

You need to take the NH66 upto Oni and then turn right under the flyover towards Vatul / Saundal.

The route is NH66 upto Oni then Vatul --> Saundal --> Rajpatan --> Pachal --> Anuskura --> Mosum --> Manjare --> Pandharepani --> Malkapur --> Take SH144 towards Karad / Narayanwadi. This will touch NH48 and continue towards Pune.
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 10:27   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzdm View Post
Hi Raul,
The route is NH66 upto Oni then Vatul --> Saundal --> Rajpatan --> Pachal --> Anuskura --> Mosum --> Manjare --> Pandharepani --> Malkapur --> Take SH144 towards Karad / Narayanwadi. This will touch NH48 and continue towards Pune.
The Only difference i see is the extra 20km of staying on NH66 till Oni shown below.
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-oni.jpg

I take it the below stretch via Jawalethar, Hatade is bad/broken.

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-pachal.jpg
Old 19th May 2024, 11:34   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
The Only difference i see is the extra 20km of staying on NH66 till Oni shown below.
Attachment 2607160

I take it the below stretch via Jawalethar, Hatade is bad/broken.

Attachment 2607161
I just returned from Goa on Friday and though not intended, i believe i took this route by turning right after Kharepatan, instead of going till Oni via NH66, courtesy Google Maps due to shorter distance. I would not call the Roads Bad or Broken. They are good for the most part with a couple of small uneven patches maybe. But Road is a bit narrow with curves and also a bit lonely. So, you have to drop your speed a bit.

Quote:
Yes, the same route (Anuskura - Malkapur - Karad - Pune) is the best from South Goa as well.

However, once you are on NH66, travel all the way to Oni, before turning right towards Anuskura. Otherwise Google Maps suggests various shortcuts to Anuskura via small rural roads, and some of those are not in great condition. So the most recommended option is to travel all the way to Oni on NH66 while driving to/from Anuskura ghat to NH66.
Thanks Doc for you Route recommendations. Belagavi - Amboli - Sawantwadi Route was great with smooth roads. Though there was a lot of road work ongoing from Kolhapur to Belagavi and had to take a lot of diversions via Service Roads increasing Travel time. The return journey road via Anuskura Ghat was also great for the most part. Just that, i missed your note of going till Oni on NH66 and took a right turn on NH66 around 80 Kms before Oni, as instructed by Google Maps due to shorter route and joined Pachal via Internal Roads, which were also in good shape, though bit narrow. Overall, pretty good roads throughout.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks