Old 19th September 2023, 13:44   #4066
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Some progress seen on NH66 through a drone video - Quite detailed -
denzdm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 18:37   #4067
BHPian

We just did a trip on 17th September via the Mumbai-Karad-Anuskura-Oni route to Talere. The road from Karad right until Oni where it joins the Mumbai-Goa highway is superb. There are a few patches that are unsettling but nothing compared to the state Gaganbawda currently is in with the potholes and traffic. Needless to say that the Anuskura ghat is stunning which is an added plus.

One advise is that GMaps routes through a small village post Anuskura joining NH66 at Kharepatan, advisable to not take that route and join NH66 via Oni instead. Also, there is zilch network post Malkapur till about Oni so download this segment of the map on your phone.

Our only struggle was the traffic despite starting at 5AM, it was like the world was descending onto this small patch of land between the Sahayadris and the Sea for Ganesh Chaturthi.

I’m not sure about Amboli but folks heading to North Goa can consider this route given Goa is about two hoursish from Talere.

Last edited by throttlehead : 19th September 2023 at 18:39.
throttlehead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:10   #4068
BHPian

Hey guys, a Goa trip is planned for next weekend. I will appreciate the suggestions and guidance in terms of route selection. Below is the onward route I am considering:

Pune - Karad - Narayanwadi(leave NH48) - Malkapur - Manjare - Anuskura Ghat - Oni(NH66) - Mapusa - Candolim

As per earlier replies in the thread from fellow members, this route looks good to go with no major challenge.

I am planning to visit Tambdisurla temple and hence considering return via Mollem. Accordingly, below is the planned route.
Candolim - Mollem - Anmod - Ramnagar - Khanapur - Belgavi(join NH48) - Pune.

Looks like there is still some under construction patches between Anmod-Ramnagar -Khanapur. Can members please enlighten me?
Old 22nd September 2023, 17:51   #4069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post

Pune - Karad - Narayanwadi(leave NH48) - Malkapur - Manjare - Anuskura Ghat - Oni(NH66) - Mapusa - Candolim

As per earlier replies in the thread from fellow members, this route looks good to go with no major challenge.
I took the Malkapur, Anuskura ghat route for Goa on 20th Sept and road conditions are better from a drive perspective.

Would let others comment on your return route.
geekyengineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 11:39   #4070

Hi all,

I am planning a trip Pune to Goa (the route so wonderfully suggested by Livezero) on 28th. Just wanted opinion from the experienced travellers out there, would the visarjan day disrupt travel? Any amendments to the route suggested because of it? Thx.
Old 26th September 2023, 21:07   #4071
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I may travel from Pune to Kolhapur, Laxmi temple on 02 October.

Anyone recently travelled on this route? Please share if you have an update on the road conditions. Thanks!
Old 27th September 2023, 10:20   #4072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Hi, I may travel from Pune to Kolhapur, Laxmi temple on 02 October.

Anyone recently travelled on this route? Please share if you have an update on the road conditions. Thanks!
This will help give you some ideas about the roads and the journey time.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...4.cms?from=mdr
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 09:00   #4073

I am planning to drive down from south goa (canacona) to pune on 1st October. Google maps suggested route is canacona -> chorla ghat -> khanapur -> belgavi -> kolhapur -> pune.

Anyone has any idea how are the road conditions on this route ?
Old 3rd October 2023, 19:47   #4074
BHPian

So I did the road trip last weekend and followed below route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Pune - Karad is business as usual.
Karad - Narayanwadi is a mess especially in peak hours.
The best part is Narayanwadi - Anuskura(till the forest check point). Road condition is slightly in bad state after that till Oni. But no major potholes, thankfully.
It took me close to 9 and a half hours to reach Candolim.

Oni- Goa is awesome for the most part minus an under construction patch at border(Banda). There are a series of unmarked speed breaker at one small ghat section(don’t remember the exact place) and the first one will take you by surprise especially towards Panvel direction.

Started from Surla for return and joined NH66 just after Mapusa at Bardez following Valpoi - Honda - Sircaim. Roads were awesome in Goa throughout and a delight.

It rained throughout for the entire 500 plus kms return journey that day and there was a traffic jam at all the vulnerable places. It started from Karad and lasted till Baner turn(Carax shop) towards city. I finally somehow came out from that and reached home via Wakad. It took me 12 hours for this 500 kms without any leisure break.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 3rd October 2023 at 19:48.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:22   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxcTripper View Post
I am planning to drive down from south goa (canacona) to pune on 1st October. Google maps suggested route is canacona -> chorla ghat -> khanapur -> belgavi -> kolhapur -> pune.

if you have taken the above route can you please leave a comment about its condition?
Old 5th October 2023, 11:59   #4076

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
if you have taken the above route can you please leave a comment about its condition?
No i did not take this route, we came back via amboli ghat and trust me when i say this DO NOT take the amboli ghat route, its in horrible condition. Only 20% of road is in drivable condition else is full of potholes and bumps.

Take the anuskara ghat route that is really really good
DxcTripper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:45   #4077
BHPian

Drove to Kolhapur from Mumbai and back over the extended weekend of Gandhi Jayanti.

The Karad patch is a royal mess, both ways.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 09:22   #4078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
We just did a trip on 17th September via the Mumbai-Karad-Anuskura-Oni route
Thanks for your post, and the map shared by livezero.

Tarmac on this route is really good. The far end of the stretch (towards Oni) is a bit rough, but if one is used to Amboli these days, it’s a cake walk!

I’ve still not been able to figure out the use of maps offline. I mean I thought I’d downloaded the map, but somehow it didn’t work once there was no network.

Oni to Goa border stretch is 175 kms and is fully concrete and 4 lane (4th snap). I reached Oni at about 1 pm and there was zero traffic till I was well into Goa.

A lot of road construction work ongoing once into Goa from this direction.

I’ve covered Pune-Porvorim in 8 hours 30 mins with one halt at Kankavli.

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-8ea9ab310349436ca04e54c77854f3ca.jpeg

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-img_1033.jpeg

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-img_1034.jpeg

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-img_1036.jpeg
humbleroadster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 22:55   #4079

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxcTripper View Post

I recently did onwards journey from Belgavi to Siolim via Chorla Ghat.

Belgavi to Siolim via chorla ghat was just pathetic for first 60 KMs or so, please avoid it, entire Karnataka side stretch has huge craters and bad road conditions. Right at the border welcome sign of Goa is where things change drastically and next 60 kms is a breeze. This makes me wonder how hopeless is state of traffic and road management in Karnataka and they have audacity to demand highest RTO in the country, almost double of some states. And then, they blame you for having private vehicle for traffic, water logging instead of taking any actions like in the recent Bangaluru traffic chaos. I'm never giving them any road tax, thanks to BH series from my hometown.
Old 13th October 2023, 18:13   #4080
BHPian

Google is showing NH66 (NH17?) from Mumbai to North Goa, anyone use this route recently?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RGGGU3NAN8pFCezT8

Am planning a trip next month and just trying to figure out the best route.

Around a year ago I did Mumbai - Kolhapur - Karul Ghat - Talere - Goa - the ghat was really bad, but the highway after that to Goa was a breeze, think this was NH66

Before that I used to do Mumbai - Kolhapur - Belgavi - Chorla - Madgaon because I was staying in South Goa.

I'd rather do the whole trip in one day, unless I have to stay overnight somewhere.

Last edited by mwzd : 13th October 2023 at 18:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks