Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2023, 20:10   #3916
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Looking for information on the road condition on NH 66 between Oni and Ganpatiphule, Ratnagiri. My ride date is April 8th and return date is 9th April. Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot-20230406-200914.png
Old 7th April 2023, 13:22   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Hello Folks,

Quick check on road quality, travelling to Talera (near Kankavli) this weekend from Mumbai. Any idea about the Gaganbawda route and status of the road, or if there are any recommended routes to take? Google is recommending the Malkapur - Anuskara Ghat route.

Thanks
Anuskura route is in very good condition except small 2-3 km patch between Oni and Saundale. half of Ghat section is recently re-surfaced and work for other half is going on. Still the undone surface is just broken type. No potholes.

Between Talere and Oni there are couple of short patches where only two lanes are being used.

I have heard road between Gaganbawda and Kolhapur is not in very good condition.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 13:27   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSO View Post
Looking for information on the road condition on NH 66 between Oni and Ganpatiphule, Ratnagiri. My ride date is April 8th and return date is 9th April. Attachment 2437667
I am told road near Lanja is not in good condition. May be traveling through Amba Ghat could be better option as Amba Ghat is recently re-surfaced.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 20:39   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Sure. Usually for Pune - Goa, I halt overnight at Kolhapur both ways. Didn't know your kids age so suggested meds. There is a small mall next to Hotel Opal, Kolhapur and Macdonalds outlet. Some cool activities for your kids outside the mall. Have a safe journey.
So it emerges that belgaum to panaji via Anmod shows just a 15 min increase as compared to Chorla. I might as well take the same route as you. Do you mind sharing the Google map screen shoot of the new NH748 and new as you mentioned so that I don’t miss taking the new one?

Thanks
Mlanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:13   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
So it emerges that belgaum to panaji via Anmod shows just a 15 min increase as compared to Chorla. I might as well take the same route as you. Do you mind sharing the Google map screen shoot of the new NH748 and new as you mentioned so that I don’t miss taking the new one?

Thanks
Here's the route from Kolhapur via Khanapur, Anmod shown as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_20230408_090542_maps.jpg  

SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 12:45   #3921

Hi,
I returned yesterday to Mumbai from south Goa. Both ways I took route via Khanapur-Bhimgad wild life Sanctuary - Anmod - South Goa. Two patches of Road of 1 km and 3 kms are bad but motor able at crawling speed. I timed it and it took me approx 7 mins for 1 kms stretch and 25 mins for 3 kms stretch .
I took around 14 hrs to reach from South Goa - khanapur - Belgavi - Kolhapur-Karad- Satara- Pune - Borivali with two snacks breaks of 30 mins and two fuel breaks. It rained heavily near lonavala express way yesterday. My first 12 hrs plus drive.
Started at 10 am and reached home at exactly midnight 12.
dsingh70 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 19:21   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi,
I returned yesterday to Mumbai from south Goa. Both ways I took route via Khanapur-Bhimgad wild life Sanctuary - Anmod - South Goa. Two patches of Road of 1 km and 3 kms are bad but motor able at crawling speed. I timed it and it took me approx 7 mins for 1 kms stretch and 25 mins for 3 kms stretch .
25 min for 3 kilometres sounds like the road is really broken and I see you drive a Fortuner. That would make it much more difficult for Honda City.
Old 8th April 2023, 19:26   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Here's the route from Kolhapur via Khanapur, Anmod shown as of now.
Thanks. This particular stretch after khanapur till the junction hitting Anmod ghat is apparently very narrow and means one of the crossing cars has to go slightly off road.

Today in kolhapur, staying at Hotel Indu Three Star based on the recommendation of a friend who does frequent pune-Bangalore drives. It’s a good hotel, one doesn’t have to get inside the city. Clean, spacious rooms and prompt service. I will take a call between chorla and anmod in the morning based on some more feedback from people who do this stretch frequently.
Old 9th April 2023, 09:33   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
25 min for 3 kilometres sounds like the road is really broken and I see you drive a Fortuner. That would make it much more difficult for Honda City.
I had taken this stretch during my travel from Goa to Pune and have seen a Honda city easily cross the broken stretch. The road from start of Bhimgad wildlife sanctuary till touching the NH748 is a bit of a struggle with lots of dust and broken roads. At times you would doubt yourself whether you took the correct route or not but once the stretch ends the travel is a breeze will the start of Belagavi city.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 13:24   #3925

Quote:
Road is under construction with lots of gravel stones on road making the cars to crawl. I saw dzire driving in front .
dsingh70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 20:47   #3926
PSG

Quote:
I will take a call between chorla and anmod in the morning based on some more feedback from people who do this stretch frequently.
Hello , Which route did you take ? I plan to travel from Kolhapur to South Goa on 30 Apr. Will be driving Tata Zest with 5 occupants including me.
Old 9th April 2023, 21:02   #3927
BHPian

Back from a 670 km overnight ride. Pune - Karad - Anuskara Ghat - Oni (NH 66 Old Mumbai Goa Highway) - Ratnagiri - Amba Ghat - Malkapur - Karad - Satara - Pune.

The first part till the crest of Anuskara ghat past Malkapur is good but the descent is a little patchy and slow going till NH66. Given that it was raining when we made the crossing yesterday (Sat 08.April) didn't make things easier. The 4-laning from Sawantwadi to Oni seems to be done but after Oni towards Ratnagiri (approx. 75 km) is a pain with numerous diversions. These diversions are dusty, filled with potholes and also dehydrates the rider due to the humidity. First 13 km from Hathkhamba to Amba is not good, rest is all fine.

For now, people heading to Goa, given a choice between crossing over from AH47 (Karad) to NH66 (Old Mumbai Goa Highway), Anuskara is a better option over Amba because you exit at Oni and escape the under-construction part between Hathkhamba and Oni on NH66.

Last edited by AKSO : 9th April 2023 at 21:06.
AKSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:26   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSG View Post
Hello , Which route did you take ? I plan to travel from Kolhapur to South Goa on 30 Apr. Will be driving Tata Zest with 5 occupants including me.
Hi, thanks to the constant feedback from the forum and else where, we did the kolhapur-belgaum-chorla-panjim stretch yesterday. It was a leisurely ride, rarely crossing 80 kph. Took a fuel break at the jio-bp pump about 8-10 kilometres before belgaum and a 1 hour lunch break at the ‘orchard’ resorts’ restaurant ‘Kansa’ after belgaum. Highly recommended for families - clean washrooms, prompt service and entertainment for kids (few chicken, geese roaming about the property, play area, etc). I should mention that we chanced upon this place while following google maps which took us through couple of narrow market roads. Being a Sunday late morning, we didn’t face much traffic but another day it could easily cause delays.

The road between jamboti and chorla has a few patches that are broken and one has to crawl through them. However, these patches are quite small, the largest being probably 100 meters. Overall, I don’t think it impacted overall drive time by more than 15 min. Once you reach the top and cross the goa border, the ghat road surface improves drastically.

I’m not sure about the Zest’s suspension but shouldn’t scrape the bottom on these stretches. Do check the tires before hand.
Mlanuk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:55   #3929

Hi, I am taking my new safari to Majorda, Goa on April 15 from Pune with my family including a 5 year old . Google maps is suggesting default route Pune - Kolhapur - Amboli - Panaji - Majorda , Distance - 450 KM, Time - 9 Hr 20 min. Another route which was shown is Pune - Kolhapur - Belgaum - Khanapur - Anmod - Mollem - Majorda, Distance - 466 KM, Time - 9 Hr 27 Min.

I am tilted towards taking Khanapur route, looking forward for any suggestions. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-goa-map.jpg  

Old 11th April 2023, 11:57   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
Hi, I am taking my new safari to Majorda, Goa on April 15 from Pune with my family including a 5 year old . Google maps is suggesting default route Pune - Kolhapur - Amboli - Panaji - Majorda , Distance - 450 KM, Time - 9 Hr 20 min. Another route which was shown is Pune - Kolhapur - Belgaum - Khanapur - Anmod - Mollem - Majorda, Distance - 466 KM, Time - 9 Hr 27 Min.

I am tilted towards taking Khanapur route, looking forward for any suggestions. Thanks.
Avoid the amboli route, high chances you will get into goa traffic which is peak office hours. Apart from Anmod, check the option via chorla. Currently, it’s showing 10 h 05 m but you will avoid bad roads for the most part. I did this stretch on the 9th of April.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks