Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 18:01   #3811

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Hi

it would be better to take Kolhapur - Sankeshwar ( Pune Bengaluru highway ) From Sankeshwar, please take exit towards Gadhinglaj - Amboli - sawantwadi route.

You may not find the road to your liking but this will take you safely to Goa. Chorla ghat and Anmod ghat are very bad.

You will enjoy the scenic beauty of Amboli ghat

wish you aĺl the best.
vbalaji65 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 16:18   #3812
BHPian

Planning to take a trip this month from Mumbai to Goa.
Is this route fine?

https://goo.gl/maps/9fyTfCUWj23eyHay7
Old 5th December 2022, 19:28   #3813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milemuncher5001 View Post
...I am planning to take Belgavi - Chorla ghat route to Panjim. ....mid of December 2022. Please post if you have any latest experience
No need to use Chorla for Panjim. Just back from IBW Goa yesterday. Was riding ~350 kgs, long wheelbase with low GC (130mm), Fat Boy. Used usual Nippani - Ajra - Amboli route both ways.

Most potholes are patched, about 80-90% road is good to decent. Car will have no problem. Just some odd bad patches around Ajra, Amboli and so, but, any car will navigate them easily. Use the direct shortcut to Banda from amboli ghat (left fork) after police check post. Even NH17 inside Goa is good now- watch for overspeeding fines. By mid December I expect remaning patches in Amboli - Ajra section will also be fixed, work was on .

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 10:23   #3814
BHPian

Planning a drive from Pune to Agonda, South Goa post Christmas. Obvious choice of road will be via Anmod, google suggests the same. Based on recent experiences, do I need to change the route?

I will be driving in a 2016 make Vento with just 2 adults and not much luggage.
Old 6th December 2022, 15:58   #3815

Recently (28th Nov to 2nd Dec) completed my trip from Pune to North Goa (Candolim). Took the Nippani-Ajara-Amboli-Sawantwadi route to and fro. The recent inputs were useful. Except for some bad stretches around Ajara and Amboli, the rest of the road was just fine for my 2010 Figo TDCi with normal tyre pressure, two occupants, and 2-3 bags. Started at 6 am from Pune and had breakfast at Pankaj, Karad around 8.30 am and then Lunch at Bhalekar's Mahalakshmi Bhojanalay at 1 pm. Reached destination at 3.30 pm. While returning, used the same route but took a night halt at Karad at my relative's place. In my opinion, if you are going to North Goa from Pune, this is the worry-free route.
DDSteady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 22:22   #3816
BHPian

Unrest reported in Belgaum today. Anyone travelled today who can report if MH cars can pass safely through Belgaum city to take one of the routes into Goa? Driving from Pune to Goa coming Monday. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2022, 11:13   #3817
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend has just driven down from Bombay yesterday in a Celerio. It took him 10 hours and 30 minutes. He reports that most of the bad sections of road around Ajra have been repaired. There are still 3 bad sections - each about 500 metres - and the repairs were in progress there as well.

Amboli Ghat is in perfect condition with just an odd pothole here and there - nothing to talk about. So, I think, all you guys driving down can now safely use the Amboli Ghat.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:45   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend has just driven down from Bombay yesterday ...<snip>
Hey Suzuki San, this maybe OT, but do you have/had any friend(s) driving down from Bangalore reporting any such updates on the route?
1lokesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 12:37   #3819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Driving from Pune to Goa coming Monday. Thanks.
You can always consider this route:

Pune - Karad - Pachvad - Anuskura - Rajapur - NH17 all the way to Goa. We did this only last weekend, and barring the Anuskura ghat (which is in the best shape vs. other ghats), excellent roads.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 13:43   #3820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Hey Suzuki San, this maybe OT, but do you have/had any friend(s) driving down from Bangalore reporting any such updates on the route?
Hi Lokesh,
Sorry, no updates from the few Bangalore friends I have. Will certainly update you if I hear from them.
Cheers,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 07:59   #3821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You can always consider this route:

Pune - Karad - Pachvad - Anuskura - Rajapur - NH17 all the way to Goa. We did this only last weekend, and barring the Anuskura ghat (which is in the best shape vs. other ghats), excellent roads.
You mean Anuskura road surface is good or bad?

Need route advice for Pune - Goa, traveling tomorrow. Only 1 criteria - road surface quality. Please consider the plight of a low slung sedan running low profile tyres while suggesting the route Thanks in advance!
Old 8th December 2022, 10:03   #3822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Need route advice for Pune - Goa, traveling tomorrow.
Anuskura is the least bad amongst all ghats from NH4 into Konkan / Goa. Take the ghat without second thought; lower slung supersports (bike) did it just fine two weeks back.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 12:32   #3823
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I am planning to drive down to south goa in the last week of December and my starting point will be Amba ghat ( Almost ). So, It doesn't make sense for me to go back to NH48 and go via Belgaum and then either Anmod or Chorla. Also, the recent unrest reported in Belgaum makes a case for skipping it all together.

The route that @libranof1987 suggested seems good for me and incidentally the shortest as per google.

Thanks brother.

@anandpadhye, do you have any further updates with your experience ?

I will further update my experience on this thread. I will be driving a Hexa with 3 of us in the car.
Old 8th December 2022, 12:48   #3824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Need route advice for Pune - Goa, traveling tomorrow. Only 1 criteria - road surface quality. Please consider the plight of a low slung sedan running low profile tyres while suggesting the route Thanks in advance!
Please let us know how the Pune > Karad > Anuskura route was with regards to driving time and also difficulty and steepness of the ghats?

Also does anyone have any info on how MH cars are faring passing through Belgaum>Khanapur>Anmod with respects to the situation in Belgaum?

Driving down on Monday with my wife and want a no hassle route. Familiar with Anmod hence leaning towards that even though the roads for a few km are not good, but in a Scorpio anyway so don’t anticipate any issues. The Belgaum unrest is worrying me though.
Old 8th December 2022, 13:13   #3825
BHPian

On that note, Instead of taking Anuskura ghat, why not take Amba ghat and touch NH66 at Lanza and drive down further ?

Any thoughts ? how is the road quality on NH66 upto Lanja ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-tempmap.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks