Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 21:30   #3691
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Will again warn everyone going from Goa to Anmod ghat to be very careful about the traffic coming down the bends / slopes. I had to take evasive action couple of times even with less traffic. Realised that the small drive through BWS was bearable.

There is definitely a logic in traveling on weekdays, helps reduce driving stress many fold.

One thing I observed was that the Shiv Shahi buses are rashly driven and they are wide bodied too. The usual Red MSRTC buses follow better discipline. Maybe its just coincidence, but advise to be careful when you are looking to overtake them.
Absolutely agree on each point. I'm reiterating with above post just to stress for safety of members here.
  1. I very frequently travel between Mumbai-Goa. Anmod ghat is my preferred route choice. But be careful on empty sections, people tend to speed unnecessarily here and some bends are sharp. Bhimgad stretch is open only between 6am-6pm. Expect temporary road closure/diversions if there are heavy rains. Authorities usually clear it fast as they can.
  2. Post-lockdown, Goa is witnessing massive number of incoming tourists. Days around Weekend are crowded & everyone wants to reach early. This translates into their road driving style. If you can, prefer weekdays. Your driving will be less stressful. If you're on tight schedule & traveling on weekend, keep some time buffer (especially during monsoon).
  3. Initially I also had doubt that maybe only me and my network friends were biased with negative opinion on ShivShahi bus driving. But it's not coincidence. Please be extremely careful around this bus on Highway. Personally if I encounter one, I slow down and let it pass, take a break for 15mins. I want to be as far away as possible from ShivShahi bus.
ndp88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 13:05   #3692
BHPian

Natural disaster: Massive landslide on Goa-Belagavi road | Anmod ghat

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/92662705.cms

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2022 at 17:20. Reason: Video not of Anmod Ghat
Irwin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 19:27   #3693
BHPian

Folks traveling to Goa, please beware of Pune-Satara stretch. There are massive car breaking potholes cropped up in just the first spell of rain. With the new contractor in place, I had expected the road to hold up but no. Please avoid night travel for now.
Dodge_Viper is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 23:04   #3694

Hey BHPians, I'm planning a trip to Pune from South Goa via Ammod Ghat. For those who have been taking that route or similar in this week... Anything to watch out for other than potholes?
Old 14th July 2022, 13:19   #3695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baecon View Post
Hey BHPians, I'm planning a trip to Pune from South Goa via Ammod Ghat. For those who have been taking that route or similar in this week... Anything to watch out for other than potholes?
I took Anamod ghat route when we travelled to Betalbatim in February. In my opinion it's the best option for South Goa. The only issue is that significant part of the ghat is now concrete which may make it slippery in the rains. And the rest is quite bumpy which will probably mean it is slushy and muddy in the current weather conditions.

Still worth a shot, I imagine.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 20:23   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baecon View Post
I have taken this Anmod route twice recently in April and May and found to be good alternative to Chorla. I would prefer this route any day.

However with recent heavy rains, pls check on the latest info on landslides etc.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 11:19   #3697
BHPian

Guys,

Any latest update on Anmod or Chorla considering latest heavy rains and landslide?

My bro in law is planning to leave Pune tomorrow and travel either by Anmod/Chorla.

Any latest status would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 15th July 2022, 15:44   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Hello

Very sorry to say, but that is not Anmod ghat for sure neither any of the 4 ghats around Belgaum. I am basically from Belgaum but living in Mumbai since few years. Have ridden and driven extensively around Belgaum and I know all these ghats and the landscapes, the turns twists to a fair extent back in my mind. I am not saying that I catch anything instantly. Infact, took long time to cross check the video you shared as I was doubting seeing the ghat and the vegetation. Its neither Karnataka, Goa or Maharashtra.
You are right. As per one Marathi news channel this landslide incident is from Saputara, a hill station in Gujarat on Nashik-Surat highway.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 08:32   #3699

I left this morning at 5 am from Colva. I'm headed to Pune.

Took the Anmod route. Generally the road is good except for a tree that block half of the road (about 200m from viewing point going from Goa). Bhimghad is a nightmare as usual. Image is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-pxl_20220716_013445548.jpg  

Baecon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:05   #3700
BHPian

Driving from Chinchwad Pune to Calangute on first Friday of August. Vehicle is a Kia Seltos with 2 adults. Need your guidance and suggestions for this planned route starting at around 3 am and reach by 2 pm: Chinchwad - Satara - Kolhapur - Belagavi (Fairfield by Marriott)- Patane Phata - Tilari Nagar - Dodamarg - Thivim - Mapusa - Calangute. This route is showing as about 475 km on maps and approximately 10 hours of driving time. Won't need any major breaks and both can drive for long stretches. Any thoughts on this route in terms of road conditions and challenges. This is especially for the section from Belagavi to Dodamarg. Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you.
Old 19th July 2022, 15:14   #3701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
planned route starting at around 3 am and reach by 2 pm: Chinchwad - Satara - Kolhapur - Belagavi (Fairfield by Marriott)- Patane Phata - Tilari Nagar - Dodamarg - Thivim - Mapusa - Calangute.
Even though Tilari ghat route is reputed to be the most scenic of all ghats leading to Goa, I would advise against using it as it doesn't have much traffic and is quite secluded even during daytime. Opt for either Amboli or Chorla to reach Calangute.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th July 2022 at 15:18.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:56   #3702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Even though Tilari ghat route is reputed to be the most scenic of all ghats leading to Goa, I would advise against using it as it doesn't have much traffic and is quite secluded even during daytime. Opt for either Amboli or Chorla to reach Calangute.
How is Chorla holding this rainy season? I will be traveling from Pune to Goa in second week of August.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:21   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
How is Chorla holding this rainy season? I will be traveling from Pune to Goa in second week of August.
Sorry, no idea about how the road conditions are in Chorla these days. Most of the recent posts on this and the Bangalore - Goa thread are about Anmod. Only this post from late June is about Chorla. Hope it helps.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5343424 (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries)
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:55   #3704
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend has just driven from Goa to Poona via Amboli Ghat.
Upto Amboli the road was O.K. but after Amboli and all the way to Ajra and beyond he said the road was in poor condition.
Very deep potholes in a lot of places. In fact, he called them deep pits.
He felt it would be a struggle for a small hatchback to handle these pits.
He was in an XUV 500 and still had to slow down to a crawl to pass this road. It took him about 9.5 hours to reach Poona.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:08   #3705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
...but that is not Anmod ghat for sure neither any of the 4 ghats around Belgaum....seeing the ghat and the vegetation. Its neither Karnataka, Goa or Maharashtra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
You are right. As per one Marathi news channel this landslide incident is from Saputara, a hill station in Gujarat on Nashik-Surat highway.
That is very impressive doc! (@vivek95) To be able to figure it out just by looking at the ghat and vegetation, hats off!

Such a pity that the video continues to be up on youtube with the same misleading title even though people have commented and said it is not Anmod.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks