Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2019, 13:58   #2716
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
I am planning to drive to Goa on 15th Aug. With the NH conditions near Kolhapur, this is the route which I have finalized to navigate for the trip.

Pune-Satara-Karad-Malkapur-Sakharpa-Watul-Rajapur-Oros-Goa
I'm driving to Goa on the 15th too. Hoping that the Kolhapur - Belgaum - Goa route is opened up.

The route provided by you is a great alternative, but is almost 2.5 hours longer. But if the NH48 does not open up, then this route will be what I will need to take as well.

How is the road / traffic conditions on the NH66 i.e.the Konkan route?
Old 12th August 2019, 14:19   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
The route provided by you is a great alternative, but is almost 2.5 hours longer. But if the NH48 does not open up, then this route will be what I will need to take as well.
How is the road / traffic conditions on the NH66 i.e.the Konkan route?
I heard that this is very scenic and worth the extra time. So I thought I would venture.

Road Conditions as per local reports are pretty ok, but narrow. Lets see how the trip turns out.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:56   #2718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
I heard that this is very scenic and worth the extra time. So I thought I would venture.

Road Conditions as per local reports are pretty ok, but narrow. Lets see how the trip turns out.
Looks like a mini meet in Goa

Thanks for the info, lets hope whichever route we take its open.
Old 12th August 2019, 15:17   #2719
Team-BHP Support

Just got back from Goa this past weekend. It was completely overcast all through with brief spells of heavy rain. We stayed near Dona Paula; no waterlogging from the airport to the hotel; can't say for other parts of Goa.

Do check what the status is for the shacks, if that's what you're going for. Given the weather and rough seas, it is not business as usual in Goa yet. Also, the restaurant manager mentioned that they got a fresh batch of everyday supplies (milk, vegetables etc.) only on Friday morning so do check with your hotel if they've functioning full capability. The weather might clear up and completely change by this week though.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:22   #2720
Senior - BHPian

Good news guys. Just got an update that kolhapur is open for cars. Two wheelers not allowed yet.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 16:37   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Good news guys. Just got an update that kolhapur is open for cars. Two wheelers not allowed yet.
Sounds good. Thank you.
Do you have any update on the road quality? Is there any severe damage to the roads?
Old 12th August 2019, 17:30   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good. Thank you.
Do you have any update on the road quality? Is there any severe damage to the roads?
We can enter goa from chorla but make sure enter chorla from belgaum side and not khanapur side as its broken. Expect little bad roads. But at least you will reach your destination
Old 13th August 2019, 11:47   #2723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The latest update is - the NH48 around Kolhapur is fully functional and all vehicles allowed. Reference - MH DGIPR - https://twitter.com/MahaDGIPR/status...72620067565568
Old 14th August 2019, 11:03   #2724
BHPian

Any updates on the road conditions on the Karad - Kolhapur - Belgaum stretch? Also, are the roads into Goa open from Belgaum?

Planning to travel tomorrow, and still not decided on whether to proceed or drop the plan.
Old 14th August 2019, 12:21   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Are the roads into Goa open from Belgaum?

Planning to travel tomorrow, and still not decided on whether to proceed or drop the plan.
Roads are open to travel from Belgaum to Goa. You have to travel through Chorla ghat to reach Goa.

Chorla Ghat safe to Travel

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-chorla-ghat-open.jpg

Anmod Ghat Closed again

Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries-anmod-ghat-closure.jpg
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:56   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the road conditions on the Karad - Kolhapur - Belgaum stretch? Also, are the roads into Goa open from Belgaum?

With the kind of road conditions plus the amount of crowd entering Goa this week, i am planning to drop the idea. Goa's internal roads will be in a mess with this much crowd.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 20:52   #2727

Could someone post their experience on Satara - Karad - Kolhapur - Belgaum stretch? After the floods, I am getting conflicting reports about whether it has been thrown open or not.

Is there anyone who has done this stretch in the last 2 days?
Old 17th August 2019, 16:50   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangalorean View Post
Could someone post their experience on Satara - Karad - Kolhapur - Belgaum stretch?

Is there anyone who has done this stretch in the last 2 days?
Just drove to Goa on 15th and 16th Aug.

The Satara - Karad - Kolbapur - Belgaum stretch is fully open. The roads are in excellent condition all throughout, barring a very very few spots where the road condition has deteriorated. Can't say the same about the Pune - Satara stretch though. Its not in a good shape.

I took the Chorla ghat from Belgaum to Goa. The roads are pretty bad in the ghat section. Some massive boulders could be seen on the road due to landslides. But the ghat is fully open; was able to reach Goa in time.
ptushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 13:54   #2729

Quote:
Just drove to Goa on 15th and 16th Aug.

The Satara - Karad - Kolbapur - Belgaum stretch is fully open. The roads are in excellent condition all throughout, barring a very very few spots where the road condition has deteriorated. Can't say the same about the Pune - Satara stretch though. Its not in a good shape.

I took the Chorla ghat from Belgaum to Goa. The roads are pretty bad in the ghat section. Some massive boulders could be seen on the road due to landslides. But the ghat is fully open; was able to reach Goa in time.

I just drove down on Saturday and Sunday (17/18 Aug) from Bangalore to Mumbai. It was 100% clear even for me - quite a good job by the authorities.

Of course, Pune-Satara has been sub-par quality from day 1 - they have craters in the middle of the highway - I have been seeing this from 2 years!!
Bangalorean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 17:19   #2730
BHPian

15th August: Mumbai to South Goa
18th August: South Goa to Mumbai

Road Condition: We faced a bit of difficulty in Chorla Ghat while we were going to Goa. It was difficult because it was pouring along-with foggy conditions. Also, due to potholes filled with Muddy water I wasn't sure of their depths hence a bit apprehensive in pushing Jazz ( How I wish I had Vitamin M to buy a Fortuner)

Mumbai (Andheri) to South Goa:
I and my wife left at 3.30 am in the morning in our beloved Jazz which has never crossed Maharashtra border ever since it was bought 2 years back. We crossed Pune by 6.15 AM . We had carried some wafers/biscuits and Coffee with us as we weren't sure of the good places to be open by 8.00 AM and took a bio break in a McD after crossing pune also we took coffee break in the car itself in front of the Mcdonalds as the place looked safe to halt. Onward journey was uneventful till we crossed Belgam. After crossing Belgam and getting into Chorla Ghat the ride became a bit bumpy and scary. It was raining hard and this combined with heavy downpour led to low visibility. However we safely made it and were in South Goa by 3.30 PM.

South Goa to Mumbai:
We left Zuri at 8.30 AM and reached Mumbai at around 10.30 PM. We encountered heavy traffic at a couple of diversions in Pune and usual long weekend traffic at toll plazas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks