Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 14:44   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyderabad to Jaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_a_a View Post
Hi Zappo

Bit of a coincidence this route you're asking info on. It's a combination (for most part) of two of my different road journeys.

1. Hyderabad-Adilabad is supersmooth 300 kms. A few kms after that also route should be good till you approach pandharkawda.

2. The moment you get to pandharkawda, it will deteriorate significantly. After this, through Paratwada till Khandwa, no idea from my side. I dont expect a great road though (a neighbor mentioned this, she was driven from Hyde-Indore in her Honda city in August this year, I didnt ask the exact route taken but might be this?)

3. Khandwa-Mhow is smooth but two laned with village traffic in between. This stretch was done in 2013 early. Indore-Chittorgarh via Neemuch/badnawar is good road (quite a bit is 4 lane), also in 2013. Bad patches on Raj/MP border.

Hope this helps!
Vaibhav
I have driven to Nagpur on multiple occasions. I know that the road after Pandharkawda becomes problematic. However, from or after Hinganghat it again improves as one approaches Nagpur. However, in going to either Khandwa or Mhow, I will branch out of Pandharkawda and get into the Yavatmal, Amravati road. And that's something I am trying to figure out as I have never travelled on this road. I think this is going to be SH all the way. I am somehow not very hopeful of SH in Maharashtra.
Old 26th October 2015, 15:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

hyderabad -> mhow -> udaipur -> mt. abu -> jaisalmer -> jodhpur -> ajmer -> jaipur -> bhilwara -> chittorgarh -> mhow -> hyderabad

Any inputs on the road conditions? In this stretch the Hyderabad->Mhow is a long hop (approx 856 kms). So I am keen to get some inputs on the doability of this stretch. Typically, I leave home at 4am. My thought is I should be able to reach Mhow by 7 pm latest or if the roads prove good may be even earlier.
Hyderabad-Mhow is about 800 kms and is mostly 2 lane roads. Mhow-Udaipur is 400 kms and is fully 4 laned. Considering it is a bit of stretch to do 800 kms on 2 lane roads, I would suggest stopping at Bhusawal on Day 1.

So the route would be
Day 1: Hyderabad-Nanded-Washim-Bhusawal - 630 kms (I think this is the Hyd-Indore bus route)
Day 2: Bhusawal -Ratlam - Udaipur - 600+kms. (I am not sure which will be better option. Bhusawal to Mhow via Khandwa or NH 3).

Also you can consider going via Aurangabad-Dhule. Refer to Post 32 for more details on this route.
Old 26th October 2015, 15:14   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Hyderabad-Mhow is about 800 kms and is mostly 2 lane roads. Mhow-Udaipur is 400 kms and is fully 4 laned. Considering it is a bit of stretch to do 800 kms on 2 lane roads, I would suggest stopping at Bhusawal on Day 1.

So the route would be
Day 1: Hyderabad-Nanded-Washim-Bhusawal - 630 kms (I think this is the Hyd-Indore bus route)
Day 2: Bhusawal -Ratlam - Udaipur - 600+kms. (I am not sure which will be better option. Bhusawal to Mhow via Khandwa or NH 3).

Also you can consider going via Aurangabad-Dhule. Refer to Post 32 for more details on this route.
Wow! I never thought of such a route. I have lived in Bhusawal for 7 years!

The other thing is that if I have to take the Aurangabad-Dhule route then where should the first halt be? Also, how should the route pan out?
Old 26th October 2015, 15:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
One more reason for you to take this route :-) You can catch up with your old acquaintances.
You may get the latest route conditions in the Hyderabad-Indore route thread.

Quote:

The other thing is that if I have to take the Aurangabad-Dhule route then where should the first halt be? Also, how should the route pan out?
Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Nandad-Jalna-Aurangabad-Dhule. You can stay at Aurangabad or Dhule. Aurangabad has got plenty of stay options. Refer post #32 for the road conditions and timings.

Last edited by Landkruzer : 26th October 2015 at 15:42.
Old 26th November 2015, 09:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Zappo

Have you completed this trip? I am planning for a trip to Udaipur from Hyderabad and would love to gather your inputs on route etc. I will be travelling with my kids between the 26 Dec to 1 Jan, so if I am travelling, planning has to start now. Is this doable?
Old 26th November 2015, 10:40   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Hi Zappo

Have you completed this trip? I am planning for a trip to Udaipur from Hyderabad and would love to gather your inputs on route etc. I will be travelling with my kids between the 26 Dec to 1 Jan, so if I am travelling, planning has to start now. Is this doable?
I am starting on the intervening night of 18th and 19th. I believe it should be doable with a little stretch on day 1.
Old 27th November 2015, 15:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I am starting on the intervening night of 18th and 19th. I believe it should be doable with a little stretch on day 1.

From Dhule you can also consider catching NH-8 near Surat, rather than taking Ratlam route. Thereafter, 4 lane NH-8 all the way to Udaipur. However this route is longer by 50-70 Kms.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th November 2015 at 15:23.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:35   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
From Dhule you can also consider catching NH-8 near Surat, rather than taking Ratlam route. Thereafter, 4 lane NH-8 all the way to Udaipur. However this route is longer by 50-70 Kms.
Interesting! Dhule does not figure in my route plan. I take the Yavatmal, Amravati route and stop by at Khandwa on the first day. I will enter Udaipur first and then work my way upwards.
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:29   #54

Re: Hyderabad to Jaipur : Route Queries

Hello!
This is my first query after many years of following Team-BHP and being an ardent admirer of the community.

I plan to do a Hyderabad-Jaipur-Hyderabad trip mid October '17. Since most recent update on this route is dated 2015 - would be grateful if anyone can post the latest on the road conditions and suggest the best route to take. Have read about the bad road conditions between Adilabad-Nagpur and Gwalior-Jhansi and am eager to know if there are any improvements.

Will be glad to post details post the journey.

Many Thanks! Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgupta View Post
Hello!
This is my first query after many years of following Team-BHP and being an ardent admirer of the community.

I plan to do a Hyderabad-Jaipur-Hyderabad trip mid October '17. Since most recent update on this route is dated 2015 - would be grateful if anyone can post the latest on the road conditions and suggest the best route to take. Have read about the bad road conditions between Adilabad-Nagpur and Gwalior-Jhansi and am eager to know if there are any improvements.

Will be glad to post details post the journey.

Many Thanks! Cheers!
Adilabad-Nagpur still has about 60-70km of bad patches & ongoing construction. Nothing which a car cannot handle though.
Old 4th October 2017, 22:04   #56

Thanks Ethan!

Any suggestions on the best route to take from Hyderabad to Jaipur?
Old 20th November 2018, 11:57   #57
BHPian

Planning to do a Hyderabad-Rajasthan-Hyderabad drive during the end of the year. Has anyone done this recently? It would be great to know the best route and road conditions. We are planning for a 12 day tour in a Skoda Rapid. Cities we wish to cover are Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur. Is this doable in 12 days? Any advice would be welcome.
Old 14th December 2018, 15:13   #58
BHPian

hey @jayded, did you finally narrow down to the fastest route possible? One of my friend's is planning to do Hyd-Jodh next week, any input will be helpful.
Old 14th December 2018, 15:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Planning to do a Hyderabad-Rajasthan-Hyderabad drive during the end of the year. Has anyone done this recently? It would be great to know the best route and road conditions. We are planning for a 12 day tour in a Skoda Rapid. Cities we wish to cover are Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer and Jodhpur. Is this doable in 12 days? Any advice would be welcome.

i would suggest

Hyderabad -- Nagpur - Seoni - Narasingpur -Sagar- Lalitpur - Jhansi- Kota - Tonk - Jaipur
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 16:10   #60
BHPian

Hi all,

Anybody has done this route in recent past?
Need information for a HYD-JAIPUR-HYD by road, maybe in next few weeks. We would be comfortable with driving 12-14hours a day.

Need advice on road conditions, where to break and any corona specific advices for state crossings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks