Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 00:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak
The big question now is which route to take as we are about 8 - 10 bullets and have only 2 days in hand ( i.e 17th & 18th March) .Considering the distance and the limited time can someone suggest the best route to take considering the road conditions.

@ Saurabh - Is the route recommended by you OK for a bike trip? Also how long is this stretch? 450~ kms?
Hey Harish, considering that you are going to be biking in a group and only 2 days at hand, the route chosen should be shortest and least tiring, I would recommend you taking Delhi - Kotputli - Sikar - Laxmangarh - Ratangarh - Sri Dungargarh - Bikaner ( distance should be 480+ ). As mentioned in my earlier post on same thread this route is in fairly good condition.

Other route is all National Highway drive through Delhi - Shahpura(near Jaipur) take a bypass from there towards Sikar and then head on National highway towards Bikaner. This will be longer( 50 + Kms) but good road condition is guaranteed.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:28   #32
BHPian

re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

I plan a driving from Delhi to Bikaner. I will be absolutely new to this stretch. I will be starting from JNU Campus in Delhi.
What is the update on the shortest route? Is it wise enough to go via Rohtak? What about the route via Jhajjar? I would also like to know which one will be a four-lane road for maximum distance possible as of now?

Hope Bikaner - Jaisalmer is all fine.

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 8th February 2013 at 16:29.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:37   #33
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Vipin the safe bet for first timer is

Delhi - Jaipur bypass - Sikar - Fatehpur - Bikaner.

The route is simple a little longer. Start early is the key. Delhi - Jaipur road widening is in progress. After that the whole road is good shape.

Bikaner - Jaisalmer road is awesome. You will enjoy the drive.
Even i might be driving to Pokhran next week.

Last edited by v&v : 8th February 2013 at 16:41.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:56   #34
Team-BHP Support

I was on route two weeks back, Nawalgarh to Jaisalmer through Bikaner (NH8) is in terrific shape. We maintained a moving average of over 80 kmph in our Bolero Di.
Old 10th February 2013, 19:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Vipin the safe bet for first timer is

Delhi - Jaipur bypass - Sikar - Fatehpur - Bikaner.

The route is simple a little longer.
Thanks a lot. Actually I have to go to Delhi from Lucknow only. If I am going to Bikaner from here, then going to Delhi would be meaningless, as I can directly reach Jaipur from Agra, and then sail further to Bikaner and Jaisalmer!

I always thought, mistakenly I understand now, that the Delhi has excellent connectivity to Bikaner.

I think I will stall that programme for the time being, although this must be the best season to be in Jaisalmer, etc. Visiting Delhi is a must and long due.

Vipin.
Old 17th February 2013, 18:12   #36
BHPian

Anyone been recently through the route Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner?

Need to know how are the road conditions now? Will be driving down to Bikaner this Thursday and hence would be good to have an idea about this route, since not used by in years.

Normally i take, delhi-Jaipur bypass-Sikar-fatehpur-ratangarh-Bikaner which is quite a decent one although longer but all in all National highway drive.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Anyone been recently through the route Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner?

Need to know how are the road conditions now? Will be driving down to Bikaner this Thursday and hence would be good to have an idea about this route, since not used by in years.

Normally i take, delhi-Jaipur bypass-Sikar-fatehpur-ratangarh-Bikaner which is quite a decent one although longer but all in all National highway drive.

Hi,

I am planning to drive down to Bikaner this week, could you please suggest a good route.

I would prefer short route if it is good to drive. Will be using a Verna.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2013, 13:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have usually taken this route in the past (Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner). Very fast and less traffic on this route, especially if you exit Delhi early in the morning. Rest of the route has very light traffic, unlike the other route options. I have no clue as to the current road conditions though.
Old 12th August 2013, 22:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Hi,

I am planning to drive down to Bikaner this week, could you please suggest a good route.

I would prefer short route if it is good to drive. Will be using a Verna.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have usually taken this route in the past (Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner). Very fast and less traffic on this route, especially if you exit Delhi early in the morning. Rest of the route has very light traffic, unlike the other route options. I have no clue as to the current road conditions though.
Hi you can take a short route as indicated by roy but as stated there is no clue on the current road conditions especially with monsoon around.

I have been to Ratangarh which is enroute to Bikaner from Delhi about 2 weeks back. My personal choice has been Delhi to Chomu (Via NH8 Gurgaon - Kotputli- Shahpura - Chomu) and then from there take Jaipur Bikaner NH11 (via Sikar- Fatehpur - Ratangarh - Sri Dungargarh - Bikaner).

Distance wise this will prove longer but drive is pretty smooth except on certain patches work going on (NH8 expansion work for 6 lane on Delhi Jaipur Route, NH11 expansion work to make it six lane from Jaipur to Sikar and very minor patch being bad at Fatehpur)

So if there are any other BHPians who has been through the route suggested by Roy then you can take that one (as it is shorter) else take the NH route which will not be a surprise as i have there just 2 weeks back. Rest is indeed your choice.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 22:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Hi you can take a short route as indicated by roy but as stated there is no clue on the current road conditions especially with monsoon around.

I have been to Ratangarh which is enroute to Bikaner from Delhi about 2 weeks back. My personal choice has been Delhi to Chomu (Via NH8 Gurgaon - Kotputli- Shahpura - Chomu) and then from there take Jaipur Bikaner NH11 (via Sikar- Fatehpur - Ratangarh - Sri Dungargarh - Bikaner).

Distance wise this will prove longer but drive is pretty smooth except on certain patches work going on (NH8 expansion work for 6 lane on Delhi Jaipur Route, NH11 expansion work to make it six lane from Jaipur to Sikar and very minor patch being bad at Fatehpur)

Can you give me some idea of distance for the route you suggested NH8 and 11 pls.
Old 12th August 2013, 23:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Can you give me some idea of distance for the route you suggested NH8 and 11 pls.
545 Kms is what i just checked on google map

433 Kms is for the route via Jhajjar, Chirawa, Jhunjhunu, Fatehpur, Ratangarh, Bikaner.

So about 100 Kms extra is what you will drive if you take the route via Chomu.
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

I did the Bikaner trip between 15 - 18 August 2013 and here are the details of route taken

Delhi - Bikaner (454 KM) - 9 hours (Drive time 8 hours 17 minutes as per my GPS)

Delhi - Behror (National Highway 8 with 3 tolls INR 21, INR 27, INR 107) was generally good in the morning hours though one cannot make triple digit speeds because of diversions.
Behror - Narnaul (State Highway) part of the highway is good but close to Narnaul and afterwords for about 20 km, it is bad for a car.
Narnaul - Chidawa (state highway) part of the highway is bad and then you get a toll road for about 40 km (1 toll INR 25)
Chidawa - Jhunjhunu (state highway) Okay road with toll (1 toll INR 20)
Jhunjhunu - Bikaner (National Highway 11) the road is under renovation through ILFS and will become a toll road afterwords, as of now no toll is payable. The condition is more or less similar to NH 8 because of renovation.

Overall - I do not recommand this route for cars. If there is a SUV - okay

Bikaner - Delhi (510 KM) - 10 hours 15 minutes (Drive time 8 hours 29 minutes as per my GPS)

Bikaner - Sri Dungargarh (National Highway 11)
Sri Dungargarh - Salasar (State Highway) in between one crosses the Mega Highway for few kms
Salasar - Sikar (State Highway and then National Highway)
Sikar - Reengus (State Highway)
Reengus - Ajitgarh (State Highway)
Ajitgarh - Shahpura (State Highway) with toll INR 20
Shahpura - Delhi (National Highway 8) with 3 tolls INR 107, INR 27 and INR 21

This route is recommended for cars, general road quality is good, there is a rough patch for about 20 km (BRO Road enroute to Salasar- yet it can be managed because of very low traffic density)

Several portions of this route are getting renovated and recarpeting is in progress, overall good for driving but will soon have to pay toll at many places in between as the boths have been constructed for collection of toll but they are non-operational.

We took a detour to Salasar to visit Balaji Temple, one can take NH 11 from Bikaner and continue without turning through Sri Dungargarh, but yes if this route is taken one can see deer on the way right on the roads and the drive is very nice.

Car - Hyundai Verna
Drive Time - When car movement was recorded by the GPS device
Eating Joints are very limited on state highways (generaly close to toll booths / outskirts of cities). Fuel stations are also quite distant (more than 25 - 30 km in few stretches)

Last edited by i74js : 22nd August 2013 at 15:15.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:17   #43

I am planning to go to Bikaner next month. But since I stay in Rohini-Delhi, going through Gurgaon-Chomu route might be too tedious.

Any clue on the road conditions for

"Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner"

or

"Delhi-Rohtak-Bhiwani-Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner"
Old 3rd July 2014, 23:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post
I am planning to go to Bikaner next month. But since I stay in Rohini-Delhi, going through Gurgaon-Chomu route might be too tedious.

Any clue on the road conditions for

"Delhi-Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar-Charkhi Dadri- Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner"

or

"Delhi-Rohtak-Bhiwani-Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Ratangarh-Bikaner"

I stay at Dwarka. I had gone to Jaisalmer during holi. I returned from Jaisalmer on holi. Left at 5.30 am, returned via bikaner / chomu. The road is fantastic. In overall scheme of things, depending at what time you start and traffic till bawal, going via chomu is what I would recommend. On that day it took me 10 hours from Jaisalmer. But then I was alone and did not stop anywhere. Also, between rohini and Dwarka, it's about 40 minutes or possibly even less if you are leaving early.

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Traveller Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 18:40   #45
BHPian

Folks!!
Latest Update on Delhi-Dharuhera-Rewari-Narnaul-Singhana-Chirawa-Jhunjhunu-Fatehpur-Bikaner:

I took the route on 2nd October onwards and 5th October for return. Driving distance 440 Kms. Time 8.5 Hrs bothway with 2 stops of 20-30 minutes thrown in.

Detailed conditions:
Delhi-Gurgaon: Nice
Gurgaon-Dharuhera: OK. Under 6 laning and thus quite a few diversions.
Dharuhera-Rewari-Narnaul: 2 lane road. OK. Can do 70-75 Km/hr. Watch out for speed breakers along settlements.
Narnaul Onwards- the population becomes sparse.
Narnaul-Singhana: Nice road. 2 lane. Can do 100-110 Km/Hr. Tolled route
Singhana-Chirawa: Tolled road. Little traffic. Almost no truck traffic. Can do 100-110 Km/ hr
Chirawa-Jhunjhunu: OK Road. Can do 90-100 Km/ Hr
Jhunjhunu: Take the byepass to Mandawa. Craters for 2-3 Kms. Rest is fine
Jhunjhunu-Mandawa: OK Road. Almost nil traffic. Can do 80-90 Km/ Hr
Mandawa-Fatehpur: Average road. Potholes recently patched. Can do 60-70 Km/ Hr
Fatehpur: DO NOT TAKE BYEPASS. Cross from within the city leading to NH 65 and then to Sikar-Fatehpur-Bikaner road.
Fatehpur-Bikaner: Fly at 120+Km/ Hr.

Stop at Castle Mandawa to enjoy the Mandawa town and paintings.

Do not think you need any SUV to do this route, though I did in a Fortuner
Hiteshs77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks