Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 12:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

I am so glad that the particular stretch I have quoted has now improved. In early 2011, Jhunjhunu to Fatehpur was an absolute mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteshs77 View Post
Folks!!
Jhunjhunu: Take the byepass to Mandawa. Craters for 2-3 Kms. Rest is fine
Jhunjhunu-Mandawa: OK Road. Almost nil traffic. Can do 80-90 Km/ Hr
Mandawa-Fatehpur: Average road. Potholes recently patched. Can do 60-70 Km/ Hr
Old 17th February 2015, 12:11   #47
BHPian

Just completed a trip from Delhi to Bikaner over the V-day weekend with wife.

Took the Delhi-Rohtak-Bhiwani-Loharu-Jhunjhunu-Mandawa-Fatehpur-Bikaner route.
  • Delhi to Rohtak, and halfway to Bhiwani is nice - smooth 4/6 lane roads all the way. Good bypass for both the cities.
  • Halfway to Bhiwani and Loharu - 2-lane non-divider roads, but good quality and very pretty with mustard fields and trees along the path. Watch out for speed-breakers.
  • Loharu city-crossing - here is where the fun starts - the city roads are completely broken with huge craters for 4-5 kms until you exit the city, but the road is good upto Jhunjhunu after that.
  • Jhunjhunu to Mandawa to Fatehpur - this is the worst stretch - with a very scary single-lane road for 5-6 kms, that forces you to get off-road whenever a vehicle comes in opposite direction, and then congested city roads of Jhunjunu, Mandawa and Fatehpur. Mandawa to Fatehpur the tarmac is very uneven.
  • Fatehpur-Bikaner - except for a few small diversions (100m each), amazing road, amazing drive. Watch out for cows, goats, camels crossing.
Stopover at Riddhi-Siddhi pure-veg restaurant between Chirawa and Jhunjhunu. There is a new AC branch as well, and an older one near the temple - both are good.

Stayed at Laxmi Niwas palace and Gajner palace - thanks to great deals from Yatra and MMT.

Overall, it took me 10 hours from Delhi-Bikaner, and 11 hours for return (heavy traffic from Bahadurgarh border in Delhi).

XUV was supremely comfortable and composed at high speeds and over bumpy roads. Mileage of 17 kmpl for total of 1100 kms (single tankful ). If you have an option - please do take an SUV. It is doable by car, but the patches in between are too bad to risk your suspension.

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 17th February 2015 at 12:13.
Old 29th July 2015, 12:32   #48

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for such a splendid post around the route from Delhi to Bikaner.

I am planning for a trip from Delhi to Bikaner using the following route:
Delhi > Rohtak> Bhiwani > Rajgarh > Churu > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner

I am planning this route after reading all posts around condition of roads between Loharu > Mandawa and Fatehpur.

Please advise.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev2k6 View Post
Hello everyone, first of all thank you for such a splendid post around the route from Delhi to Bikaner.

I am planning this route after reading all posts around condition of roads between Loharu > Mandawa and Fatehpur.

Please advise.
Don't take Rohtak Bhiwani Rajgarh route unless you live in North Delhi / West Delhi and you are sure roads are good all through. Better to take Gurgaon- Rewari- Narnaul- Charawa- Jhunjhunu route.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 18:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev2k6 View Post

Please advise.
Dont take Bhiwani - Rajgarh - Churu route. It will be too long and roads are under construction between Rajgarh and Churu. Moreover you will have to deal with single lane traffic at some places between Bhiwani and Rajgarh. Multiply it with monsoon and some railway crossing at Rajgarh, its simply unadvisable.

If you can plan your start time well to beat the Gurgaon rush, here is the best route from Delhi to Bikaner.
Delhi - Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Chirawa - Jhunjhunu - Churu - Ratangarh - Dungargarh - Bikaner

Back of hand calculation tells me it will be roughly 475 KM from Delhi. This is the shortest and best route currently. You will have okayish roads between Rewari and Narnaul and good roads later on. They have started toll collection after Rajasthan border and hence for the most parts, roads are well maintained. Only catch here is that you will have to cross some of the cities since bypass routes are non existent. This is based on my experience from past two years travel in Churu
amikacin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 19:37   #51

Hi everyone,

Planning to hit the roads over the Diwali break and do Gurgaon-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Jaipur-Gurgaon. Is this the best option for Bikaner?

Gurgaon - Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Chirawa - Jhunjhunu - Churu - Ratangarh - Dungargarh - Bikaner

I was not sure about the road conditions around Narnaul, and was thinking of doing Gurgaon-Chomu-Sikar-Fatehpur-Bikaner originally, but that is a much longer route. Any recent travellers who can comment on the road conditions?

Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 11:08   #52

Re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

hey,
planning to leave tomorrow for Bikaner from Delhi. The route I've finalized:

Delhi-Bhiwadi-Riwari-Narnaul-Chirawa-Fatepur-Bikaner.

Please advice.
Thanks

Last edited by drarora : 4th January 2016 at 11:22.
Old 10th January 2016, 01:05   #53

The road between Chirawa - Fatehpur and upto the time you hit the highway onto Bikanar is a not that great - especially while you are driving through Fatehpur city - it's full of potholes (craters) - be very careful.

Have a safe journey !
Old 8th February 2016, 15:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
If you can plan your start time well to beat the Gurgaon rush, here is the best route from Delhi to Bikaner.
Delhi - Rewari - Narnaul - Singhana - Chirawa - Jhunjhunu - Churu - Ratangarh - Dungargarh - Bikaner

Back of hand calculation tells me it will be roughly 475 KM from Delhi. This is the shortest and best route currently. You will have okayish roads between Rewari and Narnaul and good roads later on. They have started toll collection after Rajasthan border and hence for the most parts, roads are well maintained. Only catch here is that you will have to cross some of the cities since bypass routes are non existent. This is based on my experience from past two years travel in Churu
I am planning to do a Delhi-Bikaner ride near Feb end. We are 3 people on 2 Bullets (T-Bird and Classic 350). Is this route doable and safe for a bike ride in 12 hours time-frame. Please advise.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
I am planning to do a Delhi-Bikaner ride near Feb end. We are 3 people on 2 Bullets (T-Bird and Classic 350). Is this route doable and safe for a bike ride in 12 hours time-frame. Please advise.
Hello, sorry for delay. Yes it is pretty much doable in that timeframe. From my recent travel, it takes 4 hrs from IGI to Chirawa with moderate traffic and five hours to Bikaner in personal vehicle with sedate driving. Combine it with food breaks in between and you are good to go. February is a good time to explore this part of Rajasthan.

Let me know your departure time and I can suggest some good places for taking break and food.
Old 21st September 2016, 14:45   #56
BHPian

Guys,
Bumping up the thread.

Planning a trip in mid October , and would like to choose either of the following routes -

Gurgaon > Bhiwadi >Kotputli > Laxmangarh > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner

OR

Gurgaon > Jhajjhar > Charkhi Dadri > Jhunjhunu > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner

OR

Gurgaon > Bhiwani > Sadulpur > Dungargarh > Bikaner

Which of the above route is best suited - in terms of road and time it takes ?
Old 28th September 2016, 21:09   #57
BHPian

bumping up the thread ....
Old 14th October 2016, 12:48   #58
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Take the Kotputli..Sikar Laxmangarh.. Bikaner route.. 95%road is in good condition... only neemkathana is bad.

We did last week
Old 14th October 2016, 14:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Take the Kotputli..Sikar Laxmangarh.. Bikaner route.. 95%road is in good condition... only neemkathana is bad.

We did last week
Too late !

Following is the route I undertook last week >

Route Taken >
NCR > Bhiwadi > Neemrana > Kotputli > Shahpura > Sikar > Laxmangarh > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner - approx 550kms
Toll on this route - 408rs

Bikaner > Ratangarh > Fatehpur > Laxmangarh > Sikar > Chomu > Jaipur HW > Shahpura > Kotputli > Bhiwadi > NCR - approx 535kms
Toll on this route - 439rs

I have posted the updates in my ownership thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...irthday-9.html
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 20:46   #60
BHPian

Now this is Dec 2016, and I am planning to travel to bikaner via kotputli. Any input as to how is the road to bikaner from kotputli now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks