Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 19:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Kathmandu/Tibet- Itenary Now Posted

My parents are hoping to do the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra sometime soon. I think for this year its already late so they hoping to do this Yatra next year. They are phyiscally quite fit so I guess health wont be an issue if they do it as soon as possible.

I believe for this Yatra lot of arrangements are required for e.g Visas, medical cerificates, clearances etc etc.

Has any one from the Team done it, or maybe any of your friends, have they done it?

1. What are the requirements, is age a factor?
2. Agencies organising the yatra govt/private?
3. cost?
4. Possible routes. I know 2...via Nepal/lhasa or thru India Kausani and up?
5. authentic agencies adresses and phone numbers?

I know all this is very vague, so this is the exact reason why i would like you guys to fill me up with whatever authentic information you guys can provide.

Any inputs from you guys will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 21:43   #2
BHPian

I had seen a nice write-up on the Mansarovar Yatra in 101 Pilgrimages from Outlook Traveller. I felt the Indian option is better than the Nepal one as you have helicopter backup as well as support from the government.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:46   #3
BHPian

What a co-incidence. While I was viewing this thread, the advertisement being displayed was...

Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Kathmandu/Tibet- Itenary Now Posted-kailash.jpg
Old 27th March 2009, 22:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
What a co-incidence. While I was viewing this thread, the advertisement being displayed was...
Isnt that what Google AdSense is supposed to be all about? Splash relevant ads which is close to the context you are looking for..
Old 27th March 2009, 22:36   #5
BHPian

OT
I think its more of Google-incidence than coincidence.
The Google ads team does some sort of web-mining of the web page contents and then display 'relevant' ads
Old 27th March 2009, 22:48   #6
BHPian

AFAIK, the govt agency conducts a lottery each year, to select persons who can join the pilgrimage. After you are selected, you have to go through medical checkups and then you are finally ready. The route through Kausani involves trekking for days together and is obviously more involving and tempting. On the other hand, age is a factor and whether the participants can cover the India distance on foot is a question, before they cross over the Indo-Tibet border.

On the other hand, the private agencies use 4x4 vehicles from Nepal and you get to ride all your way up.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:48   #7
BHPian

Its the software / advertisement configuration. If you observe while googling, you can see some related links of your search word.
Old 28th March 2009, 09:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Isnt that what Google AdSense is supposed to be all about? Splash relevant ads which is close to the context you are looking for..
I believe it is. I didn't realize it.

Last edited by akbaree : 28th March 2009 at 09:45.
Old 28th March 2009, 10:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
On the other hand, the private agencies use 4x4 vehicles from Nepal and you get to ride all your way up.
The problem is not just the hardship but the amount of time you get for proper acclimatization. A shortened trip with less time for acclimatization at those altitudes could be near fatal.
Old 28th March 2009, 10:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Yes it is.
you always get adv's somewhat related to the ongoing topic in the thread.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
The problem is not just the hardship but the amount of time you get for proper acclimatization. A shortened trip with less time for acclimatization at those altitudes could be near fatal.
I agree with you. If I have to do this trip myself, I would choose the trek over the drive, anyday. I thought of mentioning the hardship factor, as deky is planning this trip for his parents.

@Deky : you can check this link - Kailash Mansarovar Yatra | Mt Kailash Mansarovar Tour | Kailash Mansarovar Tourism India

@Others: Lets stick to the topic.
Old 29th March 2009, 14:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
My parents are hoping to do the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra sometime soon. I think for this year its already late so they hoping to do this Yatra next year. They are phyiscally quite fit so I guess health wont be an issue if they do it as soon as possible.

I believe for this Yatra lot of arrangements are required for e.g Visas, medical cerificates, clearances etc etc.

Has any one from the Team done it, or maybe any of your friends, have they done it?

1. What are the requirements, is age a factor?
2. Agencies organising the yatra govt/private?
3. cost?
4. Possible routes. I know 2...via Nepal/lhasa or thru India Kausani and up?
5. authentic agencies adresses and phone numbers?

I know all this is very vague, so this is the exact reason why i would like you guys to fill me up with whatever authentic information you guys can provide.

Any inputs from you guys will be much appreciated.

Thanks
I don't know if you heard about Isha Foundation, Coimbatore. They are organising a Kailash Manasasarovar Yatra. I was told by people who undertook the yatra to be a memorable experience. Please check their website for more details.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the response. After checking with other people and collecting data from various sites and ofcourse discussing it with my parents, a few things have become clear.

1. Govt trek via kausani is out of equation as it involves a lot of trekking and also when they assign groups, there is no gauarntee that my mom and dad will get the same group.

2. Most probably they will fly to Kathmandu and have the following options

A. 15 day trip on landrovers 4x4 to Kailash and back to Kathmandu.

B. 21 Day trip on landrovers 4X4 to Kailash and then to Lhasa and fly back to Kathmandu

I am still looking out for various travel agencies who organise such trips to get the best deal for quality

EDIT: @Lejhoom I had a look, the last date is 31st March, will call them tomorrow and check. Thanks

Last edited by deky : 30th March 2009 at 21:00.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:29   #14
BHPian

@deky, can you the mention the costs of the two landrover trips ?
Old 31st March 2009, 19:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
@deky, can you the mention the costs of the two landrover trips ?
Trip A :- 60,000/- plus aplicable service tax (he will get back to me on how much the service tax is)

Trip B :- quotation not yet recieved

I think ill also try from travel agencies in kathmandu as all the travels are ex-kathmandu

Last edited by deky : 31st March 2009 at 19:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks