Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 11:17   #16
BHPian

its obvious during a traffic jam you want to have a detour, in that case you can come down from masnagudi to emerald and to mettupalayam.

there are multiple routes in that way to catch up, again from hairpin bend no 10 you can go to shorur and then cut again.

on a simple day is there any reason to go via sathy.
Old 9th February 2010, 15:46   #17

Bandipur wins over chamrajnagar

Just back in Bombay after doing a round trip COIMBATORE, Satyamangalam, Chamrajnagar, MYSORE, Bandipur, Masinagudi, Ooty COIMBATORE.
The tamil nadu leg of the Coimbatore Mysore Leg is great, wonderful roads, although a trailer that got stuck on a hairpin bend up the Dimbham ghats caused a half hour delay. From the Tamil Nadu Border to Chamraj Nagar was bad..the good news is work is on and the road should improve when they are done...but the real bad stretch is the 43 km from Chamrajnagar to Nanjungud.

Decided to take the road back through Bandipur, up the Sigur (Kalhatty) ghats, Ooty and Down...It is about 60 km longer, but was a brilliant drive. The road from Nanjangud to Bandipur on the Karnataka side has been done up and is SMOOOOOTH...

The scenery through the trip was awesome, must rank among the prettiest drives in the country.

Did the trip in a Ritz, and loved it. Absolutely fun to drive and returned 15.5 km to the litre, this with the A/C on, some very bad roads, lots of climbing and I wasnt driving to maximize fuel efficiency
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:12   #18
BHPian

[quote=camshaft;1723841] From the Tamil Nadu Border to Chamraj Nagar was bad..the good news is work is on and the road should improve when they are done...but the real bad stretch is the 43 km from Chamrajnagar to Nanjungud.

I had travelled from Coimbatore to Mysore to Bangalore to Mumbai by road. The Coimbatore to Mysore leg of the journey was undertaken on 9th May 2010.

Left Ondipudur, Trichy Road, Coimbatore at 10.15 am. From Hope College signal on Avinashi Road took the route towards Airport and turned left to take the Kalapatti Road to join NH 209 towards Annur- Satyamangalam - Asanur - Punjur - Chamrajnagar- thereafter left NH 209 to take SH 57 towards Kavalandi to reach Nanjangud and join NH 212 and proceeded towards and reached Mysore at 01.20pm.

Had taken a break of 30 mins enroute for light refereshments at Chamrajnagar.

The route is motorable and enjoyable. The good news that many parts of this stretch are newly laid and we could cruise at 80kmph speed (in our Innova car) on the newly made up roads.

Fortunately, on those places were we found the road was bad, (Bad roads are those with cracks, and potholes, which was about 25-30kms in total) we were lucky - as we hardly found any vehicles on opposite side of the road and could negotiate the same and travel between 60-70kmph speed because the road was good of the other side of road.

The scenic beauty is something which words are insufficient to describe particularly the Bannari Dimbam stretch towards Asanur with the 27 hair pin bends.
Old 20th April 2011, 21:46   #19
BHPian

Re: Coimbatore to Mysore - Via Chamraj nagar or Bandipur?

Route1. Coimbatore>Satyamangalam>chamrajnagar>nanjangud>my sore

This one is superb and the road from coimbatore thru sathy-bannari-ch nagar is in excellent condition and is free from any broken tarmacs...and its a bit bumby wen it approaches nanjangud...nly for some kilometers..Rest of the part is fantabulous..!!

this route has got 27 hair pin bends with excellent view from the ghats..!! thats amazing..

I made it thru this route from mysore to coimbatore yesterday..I think this is a good route 2 drive on which wud give u 'Sheer Driving Pleasure'
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:23   #20
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to go tomorrow from Coimbatore to Mysore via Satyamangalam, chamrajnagar, nanjangud. Can anyone tell me how is the road condition from Sathyamangalam to Mysore ? I know the road upto Sathy is very good.

Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:57   #21
BHPian

I did this in May-11, Sathy to Chamrajnagar was in good shape.

Chamrajnagar to Nanjangud was not in great shape but it was ok. Have done at the speed of 60 KMPH. Some stretches you have to slow down and esp. if there is any vehicle in the opp as the road is narrow.

Took 3.5 hours from Mysore to Sathy with 2 breaks of 10 mins each
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:12   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Hi, I am planning to go tomorrow from Coimbatore to Mysore via Satyamangalam, chamrajnagar, nanjangud. Can anyone tell me how is the road condition from Sathyamangalam to Mysore ? I know the road upto Sathy is very good.

Thanks.
Over all decent to drive. Just that you need to carry your own food/water.
Not many places break. Maybe local hotels at Nanjangud.
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:14   #23
BHPian

wow, thanks guys , but that post that i had posted was done a year or more so ago , i think it just got approved ,

but thanks for the information
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:51   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
wow, thanks guys , but that post that i had posted was done a year or more so ago , i think it just got approved ,
What? That is not possible. As the date says, you posted it today afternoon. The post date doesn't depend on approval date.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 18:36   #25
BHPian

oh i am sorry , this was posted by my brother , my apologies
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
I suggest to take Chamarajanagara-T.Narasipura-Mysore, instead. The roads are good till T.Narasipur and super after T.Narasipur. In the evening, occasionally the bridge across Kapila river at T.Narasipura gets blocked.

Prasad
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:41   #27
BHPian

BTW, all KSRTC Volvo buses going to Chamrajanagara from Mysore, take this route via T.Narasipra.

Prasad
Old 15th January 2012, 13:34   #28
BHPian

Planning to do a Coimbatore-Ooty-Mysore trip

please help me in deciding the route,places for stay (budget) and the must-see places.

thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 20:26   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
please help me in deciding the route,places for stay (budget) and the must-see places.
It depends on the number of days you budget for these places.

To cover everything:

1. Day for Ooty-Conoor train and Conoor site-seeing
2. One day for Avalanche/Emerald (optional)
3. One day for Ooty
4. 2 days and one night for Mysore.
Old 15th January 2012, 20:41   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It depends on the number of days you budget for these places.

To cover everything:

1. Day for Ooty-Conoor train and Conoor site-seeing
2. One day for Avalanche/Emerald (optional)
3. One day for Ooty
4. 2 days and one night for Mysore.
thanks for the reply bro.

I am thinking to skip the Train journey and the avalanche/Emerald thing.

I'll go by this plan

1. Depart from Coimbatore by noon

reach either Conoor/Ooty and stay there over night(advice please)

one day site-seeing (day two)

2. Depart for Mysore next day early morning (day three)

Site seeing Mysore

again advices required for the route to be undertaken, Hotels to choose etc etc.

ps- I will be traveling with my wife and 15 months old baby in my Wagon R
passionforcars is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks