Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 13:16   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I presume you have a specific reason to go via western India given that the route via central India is better. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I believe so too since Udaipur is in the itinerary. Otherwise, I was going to point the OP to a post of mine where I have referred to the Pros and Cons between all these choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  1. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Narsingpur - Chindwara - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - NOIDA - Delhi (Central India)

2. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur - Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India)

3. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Mehasana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali Beawar -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but bypassing Ahmedabad - Udaipur section and through less traffic prone route till Ajmer)

4. Bangalore - Pune- Nashik - Dhule - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but totally bypassing the busy Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur Section)

5. Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai - Vadodara - Halol - Godhra - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India that bypasses Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur)
With so many choices and overall timings hardly making significant difference, and for a fact that it is not going to be a non-stop drive, I would personally pick the 3rd one from the list for onward and first one for return.

This is because the 3rd one wins hands down when it comes to facilities and options to break compared to any other route. Furthermore, by just driving 1-1.5 hours extra each day in comparison to central India route, you will still get to reach your destination via a better 'Equipped' route.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 14:05   #137

Quote:
I presume you have a specific reason to go via western India given that the route via central India is better. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Through my research on route to be taken, people are prefer golden quadrilateral route.
Refer to below link on trip advisor, wherein some body as late as April 2019 has written that golden quadrilateral route is better.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic...rip-India.html

Further, I would paste extract from some travelogue or discussion [ do not have the link] which outlines pros and cons of Bangalore Hyderabad Delhi route.
Unfortunately did not save link for below. [EDIT: Source post link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4394323 (Bangalore to Dehradun : Route Queries)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
Advantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route:
  • More lung space for your car's air filter; more empty, super long and really fast stretches to drive
  • Not heavily urban when compared to western India route, hence time taken to cross towns and cities is fast to very fast
Disadvantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route
  • Lack of basic facilities; You are at mercy of Dhabas most of the times between Hyderabad Nagpur & Nagpur to Jhansi
  • Lack of urban areas means lack of support in case you need any - Mainly because you are really far from the nearest town that can service or tow your car(s)
  • Road construction work between Jhansi and Gwalior - This is a 130 Kms of painful stretch that can easily take 3.5 Hours, especially when you would have flown like an Aircraft for first 1500 kms!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2019 at 19:18. Reason: HTML Tags removed. Source link added. Quotes fixed.
T-The Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 20:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe so too since Udaipur is in the itinerary. Otherwise, I was going to point the OP to a post of mine where I have referred to the Pros and Cons between all these choices.
Parag - quick question on bypassing Agra: what is the optimal route to get on to Yamuna Expressway at Agra while coming from Gwalior? As per Google Maps, one has to go almost to the center of the city to do so!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-map.jpg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th August 2019 at 20:44.
Old 30th August 2019, 20:46   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Parag - quick question on bypassing Agra: what is the optimal route to get on to Yamuna Expressway at Agra while coming from Gwalior? As per Google Maps, one has to go almost to the center of the city to do so!
When we drove we entered the city because it was past 10pm and there were too many trucks. However the one via Ring Road works best during regular hours even if that is longer. Agra as you know is one of most irritating cities to drive and it is better you avoid this in every way.

My next one is end of September so you need share with me your experience .
Old 30th August 2019, 21:01   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However the one via Ring Road works best during regular hours even if that is longer.
Sorry, still not clear on this. Can you please share Google Maps route for getting on to YE from NH44?
Old 30th August 2019, 21:10   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, still not clear on this. Can you please share Google Maps route for getting on to YE from NH44?
The one you have posted is indeed via Inner Ring Road and helps bypass city to certain extent as you don't entirely navigate through Agra from South to North.

The one via City is Shorter by 15km but the longer route via Inner Ring road is taking only 5m more despite of being 15Km longer.

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20190830210632007_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20190830210613879_com.google.android.apps.maps.png
Old 30th August 2019, 21:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The one you have posted is indeed via Inner Ring Road and helps bypass city to certain extent as you don't entirely navigate through Agra from South to North.
Got it! The first route given by you is exactly what I posted above. Looks like this is the best option, despite the fact that one will have to go quite a bit inside the city to get onto YE. Quite surprising that something like what I have highlighted in red below is not yet in place:
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-map.jpg  

Old 6th October 2020, 10:40   #143
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am planning to drive down to banglore from Delhi instead of shifting car through movers. Is it advisable to drive now given the pandemic situation and varying rules and regulations imposed by centre and states? If no, is an e-pass required?
I am planning only day drives (max till 7 pm) and to have three night stays en route. It would be very helpful if I can get the current information about the routes, roads, police goondaism if any(out of state vehicles).
P.s: This is not a vacation drive. Just the quickest and safest route (as much as 4-6 lanes as possible).
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:53   #144
BHPian

Even I am planning to do a Gurgaon - Bangalore trip on the 1st week of December 2020. From what I gather from all the above posts is that

Ideal route is NH8/NH79/NH76/NH8/NH4 via Bombay,

Gurgaon-Jaipur-Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Himmatnagar-Ahmedabad-Baroda-Surat-Vapi-Thane/Bombay-Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Chitradurga-Bangalore

Although its been a while these posts were made..request members to suggest if this is still the route to go for. I will be travelling on my Toyota Corolla 2007 done 1.3 lakh kms. Also plan to transfer the registration there and bring it back (to avoid the 15 yr rule in NCR)

Plz suggest.
Old 4th November 2020, 13:45   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
Even I am planning to do a Gurgaon - Bangalore trip on the 1st week of December 2020. From what I gather from all the above posts is that

Ideal route is NH8/NH79/NH76/NH8/NH4 via Bombay,

Gurgaon-Jaipur-Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Himmatnagar-Ahmedabad-Baroda-Surat-Vapi-Thane/Bombay-Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Chitradurga-Bangalore

Although its been a while these posts were made..request members to suggest if this is still the route to go for. I will be travelling on my Toyota Corolla 2007 done 1.3 lakh kms. Also plan to transfer the registration there and bring it back (to avoid the 15 yr rule in NCR)

Plz suggest.
Hi Sportz, Why this longer route. Agra-Gwalior-Narshingpur-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad will be a better option. Except some 100 odd kms of slow speed, rest of the road looks to be in good condition based on various vblogs from travellers during the last few weeks. It will also be quicker with lesser spend on tolls.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 11:43   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Hi Sportz, Why this longer route. Agra-Gwalior-Narshingpur-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad will be a better option. Except some 100 odd kms of slow speed, rest of the road looks to be in good condition based on various vblogs from travellers during the last few weeks. It will also be quicker with lesser spend on tolls.
Thanks Karvel! How are the facilities on that route? Are Hotels, car garages etc available in that route?
Old 11th November 2020, 01:44   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Karvel! How are the facilities on that route? Are Hotels, car garages etc available in that route?
Hotels are there in big towns like Nagpur and hyderabad which can be the pit stops. Else can break at Narsinghpur and hyderabad to spread out the driving time.
Old 11th November 2020, 13:25   #148
BHPian

Quote:

We have driven multiple times between Gurgaon and Chennai through this route. We have always stayed at/in Hotel Deepali Residency, Sagar that is very close to the highway. Getting in and out of Sagar is easy. It's a fantastic hotel and we have enjoyed all our stays there. Only once we stayed in a Hotel in Narsinghpur that was so so. Our first stop for the night used to be Sagar, stop for the second night was always Hyderabad. We would reach Chennai on day three. But if you can push yourself (depends on number of factors), you can reach Bangalore late night on second day itself. All the best...
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 14:15   #149
BHPian

So as I am planning for the big trip I also thought it would be a good idea to carry some spares. Apart from the usual tyre inflator and punture kit, I am also carrying a spare alternator, crank sensor, 2 spare ignition coils and a fuel pump. The 2007 Corolla has been a gem of a machine so far and had never troubled me whatsoever..the vitals like alternator voltage, oil condition and consumption are perfect and coolant has been recently replaced to toyota original some 1000 kms ago. Is there anything else that I am missing thats important? I also have a OBD scan tool and all 4 brake discs and pads will be replaced next week.

OT: Please try ADD ON petrol additive from Indian oil. There is a radical change in smoothness and acceleration . Tried both on my Corolla and my BILs Etios and my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500..the Enfield actually went bonkers with supersmooth acceleration and almost nil vibration.
Old 25th February 2021, 03:38   #150
BHPian

@paragsachania, I owe a Big Thanks to you and also to the other members of this thread as the details here helped me a lot in making my drive successful from Bangalore to Shimla.

Initially this was the route I wanted to follow -
Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Narsingpur - Chindwara - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - NOIDA - Delhi (Central India).

But then at the very last moment, just a day before the trip saw a video from a Coulple on YouTube and they advised against taking the Chindwara due to the condition of the Roads. So for me the trip was from these locations -

Bangalore > Hyderabad > Nagpur > Seoni > Jhansi > Gwalior > Agra > NOIDA > Delhi > Chandigarh and then Nahan (Central India).

Drove non-stop without any sleep for 36 hours and covered 2100 Kms from Bangalore to Agra. Had to take a halt at Agra Hyatt (Parents and in-laws forced for it), I still had the stamina to drive till Chandigarh. Then next day reached Nahan. All in the all the roads were good and loved the Bangalore to Hyderabad, then road in Madhya Pradesh were Superb and Yamuna Express is just another level. I did this trip alone in an Alto K10.

Planning to do another comeback to Bangalore from Nahan in the next 2 or 3 months so still looking at the idea of doing it from the following route.

Nahan > Chandigarh > Jaipur > Udaipur > Ahmedabad > Surat > Mumbai > Pune and then Bangalore.
swunkjyn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks