Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th August 2019, 13:16   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I presume you have a specific reason to go via western India given that the route via central India is better. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I believe so too since Udaipur is in the itinerary. Otherwise, I was going to point the OP to a post of mine where I have referred to the Pros and Cons between all these choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  1. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Narsingpur - Chindwara - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - NOIDA - Delhi (Central India)

2. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur - Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India)

3. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Mehasana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali Beawar -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but bypassing Ahmedabad - Udaipur section and through less traffic prone route till Ajmer)

4. Bangalore - Pune- Nashik - Dhule - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but totally bypassing the busy Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur Section)

5. Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai - Vadodara - Halol - Godhra - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India that bypasses Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur)
With so many choices and overall timings hardly making significant difference, and for a fact that it is not going to be a non-stop drive, I would personally pick the 3rd one from the list for onward and first one for return.

This is because the 3rd one wins hands down when it comes to facilities and options to break compared to any other route. Furthermore, by just driving 1-1.5 hours extra each day in comparison to central India route, you will still get to reach your destination via a better 'Equipped' route.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 14:05   #137

Quote:
I presume you have a specific reason to go via western India given that the route via central India is better. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Through my research on route to be taken, people are prefer golden quadrilateral route.
Refer to below link on trip advisor, wherein some body as late as April 2019 has written that golden quadrilateral route is better.

https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic...rip-India.html

Further, I would paste extract from some travelogue or discussion [ do not have the link] which outlines pros and cons of Bangalore Hyderabad Delhi route.
Unfortunately did not save link for below. [EDIT: Source post link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4394323 (Bangalore to Dehradun : Route Queries)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
Advantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route:
  • More lung space for your car's air filter; more empty, super long and really fast stretches to drive
  • Not heavily urban when compared to western India route, hence time taken to cross towns and cities is fast to very fast
Disadvantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route
  • Lack of basic facilities; You are at mercy of Dhabas most of the times between Hyderabad Nagpur & Nagpur to Jhansi
  • Lack of urban areas means lack of support in case you need any - Mainly because you are really far from the nearest town that can service or tow your car(s)
  • Road construction work between Jhansi and Gwalior - This is a 130 Kms of painful stretch that can easily take 3.5 Hours, especially when you would have flown like an Aircraft for first 1500 kms!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2019 at 19:18. Reason: HTML Tags removed. Source link added. Quotes fixed.
T-The Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 20:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe so too since Udaipur is in the itinerary. Otherwise, I was going to point the OP to a post of mine where I have referred to the Pros and Cons between all these choices.
Parag - quick question on bypassing Agra: what is the optimal route to get on to Yamuna Expressway at Agra while coming from Gwalior? As per Google Maps, one has to go almost to the center of the city to do so!
Attached Images

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th August 2019 at 20:44.
Old 30th August 2019, 20:46   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Parag - quick question on bypassing Agra: what is the optimal route to get on to Yamuna Expressway at Agra while coming from Gwalior? As per Google Maps, one has to go almost to the center of the city to do so!
When we drove we entered the city because it was past 10pm and there were too many trucks. However the one via Ring Road works best during regular hours even if that is longer. Agra as you know is one of most irritating cities to drive and it is better you avoid this in every way.

My next one is end of September so you need share with me your experience .
Old 30th August 2019, 21:01   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However the one via Ring Road works best during regular hours even if that is longer.
Sorry, still not clear on this. Can you please share Google Maps route for getting on to YE from NH44?
Old 30th August 2019, 21:10   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, still not clear on this. Can you please share Google Maps route for getting on to YE from NH44?
The one you have posted is indeed via Inner Ring Road and helps bypass city to certain extent as you don't entirely navigate through Agra from South to North.

The one via City is Shorter by 15km but the longer route via Inner Ring road is taking only 5m more despite of being 15Km longer.

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20190830210632007_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Delhi - Agra - Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20190830210613879_com.google.android.apps.maps.png
Old 30th August 2019, 21:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The one you have posted is indeed via Inner Ring Road and helps bypass city to certain extent as you don't entirely navigate through Agra from South to North.
Got it! The first route given by you is exactly what I posted above. Looks like this is the best option, despite the fact that one will have to go quite a bit inside the city to get onto YE. Quite surprising that something like what I have highlighted in red below is not yet in place:
Attached Images

Most Viewed