Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 01:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
ok...here is another query.

I have valid Singapore visa & want to stay in Malaysia up to 14 days then visa on arrival can be given at Kuala Lumpur International airport?
Posts #7 & #12 on page#1 of this thread is where you will find the answers that you seek.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:46   #32
BHPian

nice khoj. Thanks a lot khoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Posts #7 & #12 on page#1 of this thread is where you will find the answers that you seek.

Last edited by deadman : 15th October 2009 at 19:47.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Folks does it really require that we apply for travel medical insurance during a foreign trip ? Lets say am out on a vacation for 10 days would I really need one.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:22   #34
J.Ravi

rjstyles69,

Last year, I was in Singapore for a week, Malaysia for a day and Australia for little less than three months. I did not take travel medical insurance. It is not mandatory. But, if you feel comfortable and do not want to take any risk, then it is preferable to take one.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th May 2010 at 17:24.

Old 14th October 2011, 23:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

re: Singapore Tourist Visa - Queries

Nice and Valuable informations. I am moving to Singapore.Hongkong and Malaysia in February 2012. I was looking for the queries for all the types of visas and found all here. Thanks to all of you.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
nice khoj. Thanks a lot khoj
Hi Deadman,

banging an old thread but can you please share your travel agent details, planning a short visit to Sing.

Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 22:37   #37
BHPian

Bumping an old thread.
How important is the three-month bank statement when applying for a Singapore or Malaysia visa?
I'd like to travel to these countries with my friends at the end of November.
The problem is that i'm still a student and living with my parents, so I've never really felt the need for a bank account. For any impulsive shopping, I carry my mother's credit card. The one account I have will only have a balance of a few thousands.
I can transfer money from my parents' account and get a statement, but will it look too suspicious and do more bad than good?
Also, which will be better - applying through a travel agent or in person at the consulate?
Please advise, since I don't want to lose the money I'd be spending on the air tickets if my visa applications are rejected.
Thanks in advance!
Old 31st October 2012, 22:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Bumping an old thread.
How important is the three-month bank statement when applying for a Singapore or Malaysia visa?
I'd like to travel to these countries with my friends at the end of November.
Thanks in advance!

Buddy, if you are applying for a tourist visa, there is no reason why it should be rejected. Bank statement would not be a bone of contention when applying for a tourist visa.

Go ahead and enjoy your holidays without fear.
Old 7th April 2013, 19:49   #39
BHPian

Dear Friends,
I have been trying to search for details on getting Singapore Tourist Visa in Bangalore & to my surprise there was a article in our own Team BHP, didn't quite get the right answer I was looking for in any of the sites, finally got the VISA though so wanted to share my experience with fellow motorists/travelers,
I am in Bangalore & the Singapore Consulate web site specifies that only a authorized agent can submit application for VISA & individuals cant, when I called most of the popular agents in Bangalore all of them said that they will only process VISA application if the tickets are booked through them & since I had made the flighty ticket booking & purchase online that was a bit of a frustration to them I suppose, some of them agreed to process but at Rs 2500/- per person whereas the actual rate is S$ 30 + agent service charge of Rs. 300/- (total of Rs 1650/-) (but for a family of 4 that does total up a bit), so I mailed the Consulate regarding the issue, they said that the web site has a link to get authorized agent's list, but on downloading the excel doc I saw only Chennai agents list, later I saw the first excel sheet was Chennai while there were other Sheets (tabs at the bottom) which had agents list for other southern states, so Bangalore had a long list, I contacted Akbar travels near Shoolay Circle & they too initially said that the charge was 2500/ but when I said about the mail from Consulate & the Charges shown on the Consulate web site & that there were 4 of the passports, Mr Babu agreed to do all four for Rs. 7000/- that is 1750/- per person, & a saving of Rs. 3000/- compared to other troubled agents, got it processed & back with E-Visa in 3 - 5 Days, multiple entry for 2 Years, while Malaysian Visa was a breeze at VFS Bangalore just a covering letter, no forms, Rs 1000/- for Visa & Rs. 330 Service Charge per person 3 days, multiple entry for 1 Year, Tip: Singapore application form available on the net, download & fill it up on the PC & take a print, Photos taken at G K Vale for the VISAs, Malaysia has different specification than Singapore's VISA Photos.

Hope this helps other Independent, non travel agent & package tour dependent travelers.
drkumarmp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 20:41   #40
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
...I contacted Akbar travels near Shoolay Circle & they too initially said that the charge was 2500/ but when I said about the mail from Consulate & the Charges shown on the Consulate web site & that there were 4 of the passports, Mr Babu agreed to do all four for Rs. 7000/- that is 1750/- per person, & a saving of Rs. 3000/- compared to other troubled agents, got it processed & back with E-Visa in 3 - 5 Days, multiple entry for 2 Years
Seeing this too late but thanks for the information.
I got it done through Kamadhenu Travels, Cambridge Road and they charged Rs.2250 per person so it cost Rs.6750/- for 3 of us.
We got the e-Visa in a week, multiple entry for 2 years.
I was surprised seeing the visa, just a printout on an A4 sheet of paper, even the photograph is not pasted on the sheet, it's just attached to the sheet with a paper clip!
Any idea if we should just carry this sheet+photo separately or we need to staple it to an empty sheet of the passport ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 20:46   #41
BHPian

Visa alone will do. No need to attach photo to visa.
kevintomin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 22:11   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV

I was surprised seeing the visa, just a printout on an A4 sheet of paper, even the photograph is not pasted on the sheet, it's just attached to the sheet with a paper clip!
Any idea if we should just carry this sheet+photo separately or we need to staple it to an empty sheet of the passport ?
Just carry the print out a with you. They will stamp it in your passport on entry. That is the policy for employment visas as well.
Old 17th April 2013, 22:33   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Just carry the print out a with you. They will stamp it in your passport on entry. That is the policy for employment visas as well.
Yes. It really is a PAIN.
Why cant they be like other normal countries and simply stamp the passport?
Mutts!
Old 18th April 2013, 07:53   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Shankar I hope you are joking. Getting the via done electronically with stamping on or after entry is highly convenient. Turnaround time for a visa is something like two working days.My info may be a bit dated but that is the norm.
Some countries I have seen people struggle with reissued certificates, police clearances, affidavits and what not such that it takes months before they actually get their visas. Agreed these are usually for immigrant visa but the point is efficiency needs to be lauded
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 20:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
I have been trying to search for details on getting Singapore Tourist Visa in Bangalore ........
Hope this helps other Independent, non travel agent & package tour dependent travelers.
Dr Kumar,

It would be much appreciated if you can share the contact number of Mr.Babu for the benefit of other members. I am currently looking to get tourist visa for me and my parents from Bangalore.

For the benefit of our fellow members the link to Singapore visa information is:
http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/ov.../overview.html

Last edited by arunkumars : 29th April 2013 at 20:57. Reason: adding info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks