Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 00:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Singapore Tourist Visa - Queries

We will be visiting Singapore from 15 April to 23 April. Please suggest what will be the ideal lead time for applying tourist visa? I am planning to apply by 20 March.
Old 5th March 2017, 07:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
We will be visiting Singapore from 15 April to 23 April. Please suggest what will be the ideal lead time for applying tourist visa? I am planning to apply by 20 March.
You will get it in 2..3 days no issues
Old 7th March 2017, 11:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

We are planning to visit Singapore in the month of July.

Queries regarding Singapore Tourist VISA:

* Do we have to visit the embassy in Mumbai to get the VISA?
* Besides Valid passport, valid return ticket and healthy account balance, what else is needed?
* Any different rules for kids (8 years old) ?
* What is the cost per VISA?
* Can I get the VISA for future dates?
* What is the validity of the VISA?
* Is there an interview like the US VISA?

Please do add any other vital information, which will help us.

Thanks,
Ajay
Old 7th March 2017, 12:13   #79
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
* Do we have to visit the embassy in Mumbai to get the VISA?
* Besides Valid passport, valid return ticket and healthy account balance, what else is needed?
* Any different rules for kids (8 years old) ?
* What is the cost per VISA?
* Can I get the VISA for future dates?
* What is the validity of the VISA?
* Is there an interview like the US VISA?
Answers in same order:
*No need to visit the embassy, they have an E-Visa process and there are approved travel agents for the same and takes about 5 business days. A successful E-Visa process produces an A4/letter sheet printout which is the visa

*Usually 3-4 weeks prior to travel is a good time to apply for visas, so if you've finalized the dates, may help to have your hotel booking as well when applying for the visa, but not mandatory

*No different rules for children

*It was about Rs.2250 per person back in 2013, seems to have gone up significantly now to about Rs.10k per person , but do check, I could be wrong

*Usually you apply a month before your travel date and visa validity usually starts around the travel date. Validity is usually 1 month/30 days

*No interviews for visitor visas
Old 12th March 2017, 12:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Answers in same order:
*No need to visit the embassy, they have an E-Visa process and there are approved travel agents for the same and takes about 5 business days. A successful E-Visa process produces an A4/letter sheet printout which is the visa
You also get a soft copy of teh same so you need not worry about losing the printout.

Quote:
*Usually 3-4 weeks prior to travel is a good time to apply for visas, so if you've finalized the dates, may help to have your hotel booking as well when applying for the visa, but not mandatory
Hotel booking helps and so does return flight booking.

Quote:
*It was about Rs.2250 per person back in 2013, seems to have gone up significantly now to about Rs.10k per person , but do check, I could be wrong
Nah. Last I checked, it was around 2000 bucks. I got mine in '15 for 1500

Quote:
*Usually you apply a month before your travel date and visa validity usually starts around the travel date. Validity is usually 1 month/30 days
1 to 2 years too if you are lucky but I've heard they are more stringent now.
Old 13th March 2017, 17:10   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Answers in same order:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
You also get a soft copy of teh same so you need not worry about losing the printout.
Hotel booking helps and so does return flight booking.
Thanks a lot for detailed response.

VISA fees is 2,499/- INR per person. Validity is now 30 days.

I have booked the hotel, but my plan is a little different. I am going to stay at my friend's place for 3 days and 3 days in hotel.

All websites say that you need an invitation letter from a Singapore resident for the VISA. Can you guys confirm?

I can get the letter easily, but just wanted to check if its really needed.

I also read that agencies like Thomas Cook can also arrange for a letter, if you can't get one.

I am traveling in July, so I will apply by May end I guess.
Old 13th March 2017, 18:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All websites say that you need an invitation letter from a Singapore resident for the VISA. Can you guys confirm?

I can get the letter easily, but just wanted to check if its really needed
Just your hotel confirmation will do. You can adjust the reservation date later if you like to stay with your friend for part of the time.
Old 13th March 2017, 18:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just your hotel confirmation will do. You can adjust the reservation date later if you like to stay with your friend for part of the time.
So the plan is that we will first go to my friend's place and then move to hotel later. But our flight ticket is for the entire trip obviously. So do you think, I need the letter from my friend?
Old 26th March 2017, 09:20   #84
BHPian

I just did my and my wife's visa a week back. So here's the response to the multiple posts based on what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
3 Working Days required for the Visa if you go to a Singapore MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) approved Visa Agency else 5 Working days.

SGD 30 SGD + INR 300 Charges (Approx. 1800 Rs.) is the cost of visa if you go to a Singapore MFA Approved Visa Agency. Higher for others.

Check out this website for more details.

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/o.../overview.html

Quote:
========

======
Visa cost - SGD 30 + INR 300 - Approx. 1800 Rs.

Validity - I received a Two-Year Multiple Entry Visa for both me and my wife.

Quote:
=====
I can get the letter easily, but just wanted to check if its really needed.
========
No need for any invitation Letter.

The following documents required:
  1. Original Passport
  2. Passport Copy
  3. Bank Statement (3 Months)
  4. A Request letter from your side seeking Tourist Visa
  5. Confirmed Flight Tickets (No Hotel Booking Required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
No need for any hotel confirmation. Only confirmed Flight Tickets required.

Quote:
So the plan is that we will first go to my friend's place and then move to hotel later. But our flight ticket is for the entire trip obviously. So do you think, I need the letter from my friend?
Why do you need to disclose that? Unless you are asking your friend to sponsor your visa from Singapore directly, this is not required. Just tick stay at hotel in the Visa Form.

All the above points I mentioned are a lot dependent on the person's travel history too. If you don't have any previous International travel history, then you may require to give Salary Slips or ITR to shown your financial status to complete the full travel. I have previous Travel history of Thailand, US and Canada and have valid Visas too on my passport.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th March 2017 at 16:48. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 16:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I just did my and my wife's visa a week back. So here's the response to the multiple posts based on what I did.
=========
All the above points I mentioned are a lot dependent on the person's travel history too. If you don't have any previous International travel history, then you may require to give Salary Slips or ITR to shown your financial status to complete the full travel. I have previous Travel history of Thailand, US and Canada and have valid Visas too on my passport.
Thanks a lot for the detailed info. This really helps.

Me and my wife both have previous travel history of US, so I hope I don't have to produce too many documents.

Not needing an invitation letter is a relief, because I would have had to trouble my friend a lot to get all the required stuff.

Hope you don't mind if I have any other query in future.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th March 2017 at 16:48. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 5th January 2018, 12:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
This information is true.
I today applied for Singapore tourist visa for myself and parents.
Since, I had travel history in Europe, my bank statements were not taken by the agent but my parents individual statements were taken by agent.

The total cost through authorized agent is 1854 INR which included GST. Anything you pay over an above it is not official charges.

I applied through Galaxy travels in Pune. They are official travel agency for Singapore airlines and the agent didn't take my time to check documents. The mode of payment to them is NEFT/Cheque/Cash.
Old 25th April 2018, 15:29   #87
BHPian

I was planning to visit Singapore for a week with my wife and daughter in May. (13th - 20th). No bookings done yet. I have read on some sites that the weather is not good during this month - something to do with forest fires from Sumatra. Is it true? Also any other information regarding good hotels? Thanks.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:00   #88
BHPian

Try Hotel Boss which is located at a prime spot. We travelled in March and stayed in Hotel boss.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
I have read on some sites that the weather is not good during this month - something to do with forest fires from Sumatra. Is it true?
The forest fires are unpredictable and shouldn't deter your plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Also any other information regarding good hotels?
There are a huge number of options but will depend on your budget. If you want to splurge, you can surely try Marina Bay Sands. Apart from the hotel, there are a lot of attractions in the vicinity as well.
Old 14th May 2018, 14:47   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

A elementary but crucial question! I have a 2 year Business visa but can I travel on for tourism purposes on it?

Typically, it is frowned upon but I am unclear for SIN.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks