Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 18:22   #16
BHPian

Hi Gautam,

I was able to find this info in a different thread but it should be able to do the trick for you. "On Udaipur bypass towards Ahmedabad, you have Sneh Resort. Before Udaipur, you have RTDC at Rishabdeo, RTDC at Ratanpur, Hotel Mangalmurti at Shamlaji, Hotel Landmark at Himmatnagar." (Source - HVK)

Have a nice trip. BTW, when do you start?

Regards
Old 7th December 2009, 21:45   #17
BHPian

@akadian: last time i was on this road was in Nov-2008 and at that time it certainly was not 4 laned all the way. 4 laning work was going on as I approached Agra towards evening.

@Shutterbugger: From what I observed 2 weeks back, the NH3 is 4 laned till about 10 kms before Gwalior. After that it is 2 laned till slightly before Indore (~25 kms). The four laning ended approx 20 kms after Indore. After that for approx 20 kms it was under construction and i had to constantly switch lanes because of construction work. The Sendhwa to Dhule sectionw as most certainly 2 laned. After Dhule I turned towards Kopergaon and that road was not 4 laned either.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:56   #18
BHPian

Hi Cougar,

Ok, that explains it then. I've used that road 3-4 times this year and the diversions were just one or two in August, which was my last time. So, it is probable that in Nov last year, work was nearing final stages in most parts. Your observations about NH3 from Indore till Dhulia definitely match my experience of Oct quite closely

Regards
Old 9th December 2009, 17:15   #19
BHPian

Hi Akadian and Cougar,
Sorry for the delay in replying, was caught up with some work and could not access the net/ pc.
Thanks a ton for the detailed info you guys have provided.
Planning to leave on the 3rd of January, hopefully if all goes as planned.
Gautam.
Old 27th December 2009, 11:37   #20
BHPian

Trip Finalised!

Hi,

The Mumbai - Agra - Delhi trip has now been finalised. Will be leaving on the 3rd. early morning, hoping to reach or cross Udaipur before night fall. Planning to stay at any motel/ hotel on the highway. Sneh resorts is a little expensive. Am planning to take my chances on the way itself and check into a decent motel/hotel. The other option will be going all the way to Devgarh and check into the RTDC motel. (Suggestions welcome).
The other query I have is regarding the route from Udaipur to Agra. Google maps shows two route, one is via the NH8 (Rajsamand-Ajmer-Jaipur-and onto NH11) & the other via Rajsamand-Bhilwara-Mandal-Shahpura-Phagi-Dausa-and then onto NH11 to Agra. The second route is shorter, but am not sure about the roads. Gurus please advise!

Gautam.
Old 27th December 2009, 12:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Hi Gautam,

I was able to find this info in a different thread but it should be able to do the trick for you. "On Udaipur bypass towards Ahmedabad, you have Sneh Resort. Before Udaipur, you have RTDC at Rishabdeo, RTDC at Ratanpur, Hotel Mangalmurti at Shamlaji, Hotel Landmark at Himmatnagar." (Source - HVK)

Have a nice trip. BTW, when do you start?

Regards
Akadian,

Can you recommend any clean hotel in Udaipur?
I'll be there for five days next year; we'll be a party of four: self, spouse, kid and my 70+ year old mother who has a problem climbing stairs.

I had finalised and confirmed at Mountain Ridge ( a homestay), but received a mail on Christmas Day ( the irony of a gift wasn't lost on me!) from them saying they were closing it for some time

I have started to look all over again : have rejected some of the haveli hotels because 1. they don't have lifts or 2. they don't have rooms on the ground floor

Plus quite a few hotels researched are very expensive, e.g., Inder Prakash. Have rejected RTDC's Kajri - based on anainar's experience on cleanliness (ugh!) and bad service.

Inputs/suggestions requested.

Regards
Old 4th January 2010, 13:14   #22
BHPian

RTDC Kajri is not that bad. We had a good experience in last Oct there. You may consider it, but in view of your mother's problem, pl confirm room on ground floor, as stairs are steep there.
Old 13th March 2011, 17:16   #23
BHPian

Latest update on NH 3 Bombay - Agra Road Conditions

Any updates on latest condition of Bombay Agra Road? I travelled in Jan 2011 between Dhule and Mumbai and the road condition is excellent. It is all 4 lanes. Except Nasik city where many flyovers are under construction and a few patch between Malegaon and Nasik is yet to be completed. Also Nasik Mumbai 4 laning is almost completed. I would like to know the latest between Dhule and Gwalior.
How much time it takes to drive from Indore to Gwalior?
Is it safe to drive after 7 PM between Guna and Shivpuri?
How is the road condition between Indore - Bhopal and Bhopal Jhansi?

Any latest news on the above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 13th March 2011, 18:50   #24
BHPian

Re: Latest update on NH 3 Bombay - Agra Road Conditions

AFAIK, NHAI has no plans of having a complete 4 lane beyond Dhule as of now.(I may be wrong, any expert can confirm).
Old 14th March 2011, 12:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
AFAIK, NHAI has no plans of having a complete 4 lane beyond Dhule as of now.(I may be wrong, any expert can confirm).
It is really sad. It is one of the important roads with lots of traffic. Hope govt. pays some attention.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtrix View Post
Any updates on latest condition of Bombay Agra Road? I travelled in Jan 2011 between Dhule and Mumbai and the road condition is excellent. It is all 4 lanes. Except Nasik city where many flyovers are under construction and a few patch between Malegaon and Nasik is yet to be completed. Also Nasik Mumbai 4 laning is almost completed. I would like to know the latest between Dhule and Gwalior.
How much time it takes to drive from Indore to Gwalior?
Is it safe to drive after 7 PM between Guna and Shivpuri?
How is the road condition between Indore - Bhopal and Bhopal Jhansi?

Any latest news on the above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Roads are terrible on the MH-MP border. Expect major traffic jams in the check post. Once you enter MP, roads are superb via Indore till Dewas.
After Dewas, NH3 is its usual self - narrow, heavily trafficked, not smooth, no bypasses except for Biaora, Guna & Shivpuri.
Indore to Gwalior can take you not less than 8-10 hours.
No safety issues on the route, except that facilities are very poor. Heavy truck traffic at all hours. Refuel in advance.
Indore-Bhopal is a fantastic road, guys are doing the distance in 2-3 hours.
Bhopal-Jhansi via Sagar is also good roads nowadays, I heard.
Old 20th March 2011, 23:00   #27
BHPian

Road Condition: Delhi-Gwalior-Indore-Burhanpur-Nanded-Mumbai

Fellow BHpian and Travelers,

I am planning to embark on a road trip From Delhi to Mumbai and Back. I was initially planning to take the usual Delhi-Jaipur-Ahmedabad-Surat-Mumbai Route. I am now thinking of taking the Delhi-Gwalior-Indore-Burhanpur-Nanded-Mumbai route. This route is longer than the initial plan but it gives me a chance to visit Nanded which is an important religious place for the Sikhs.

I would request fellow Bhpians who frequent this route for information on Road Conditions, Places for Fuel, Food and overnight stay etc. Any Help with Best time of the day to cover certain areas on the way, Roads/routes to avoid etc will be extremely helpful.

Regards
Jasvinder
Old 21st March 2011, 10:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Condition: Delhi-Gwalior-Indore-Burhanpur-Nanded-Mumbai

Jas, the problem is only that NH3 is not a great road to drive on between Gwalior and Dewas. Indifferent condition, poor facilities, narrow roads and heavy truck traffic.

From Indore to Burhanpur rads are good. As far as Nanded is concerned, avoid the direct highway from Nanded to Ahmednagar (NH222), it was in horrible condition recently. Better route would be to go Nanded-Parbhani-Jalna-Aurangabad.

From Aurangabad, teh route via Vaijapur to Nashik was not in good condition lately, so you may want to try the longer route via Ahmednagar & Talegaon (bypassing Pune, and joining expressway to Bombay).

When you are coming from Delhi, the first day's halt could be at Guna (which has Hotel Varun, a good place), unless you are able to push it to Indore (very aggressive) the same day.
Old 21st March 2011, 14:50   #29
BHPian

re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

Thanks a lot HVK Sir for the insight. I plan to leave from Delhi around 4:00AM tommorow morning. Do you think I can make it to Indore by like 6-7 PM with just a Lunch break in between. How are roads from Burhanpur till Nanded. Any detours etc that I should plan for.

Will be calling you up once I reach Nanded for onwards route directions.
Old 21st March 2011, 15:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Thanks a lot HVK Sir for the insight. I plan to leave from Delhi around 4:00AM tommorow morning. Do you think I can make it to Indore by like 6-7 PM with just a Lunch break in between. How are roads from Burhanpur till Nanded. Any detours etc that I should plan for.

Will be calling you up once I reach Nanded for onwards route directions.
Yes, you should make it to Indore for the night. Hopefully, you will have an easy time at the conventional traffic bottleneck areas - Agra city, Pholpur town and Gwalior bypass.

From Burhanpur, stick to the route via Aurangabad, Jalna & Parbhani. They are OK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks