Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 15:34   #76
BHPian

Re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
After Krishangarh, should i take NH8 upto Jaipur and then join NH11 or should I take NH8 > SH2 (to bypass Jaipur) > NH11 ?

My destination is very close to Taj Mahal. I plan to continue on NH11 via Bharatpur > Fatehpur Sikri and reach right upto the outskirts of Agra. Is this the best route?
You should take NH-8 upto Jaipur and than bypass onto NH-11 to Agra. Do not take SH 2, which starts much before Jaipur.

Yes you should take route via Fatehpur Sikri even though its a bit long but better road.

Remember to turn right before entering Agra to avoid traffic. But again its a longer route and if it's 9 PM in night, please take the route through the city only.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
....Chittorgarh - Kishangarh - Not so great roads. Surface not good in many sections. Kishangarh - Jaipur- Six lane but heavy traffic. Similar to Gujarat....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
...I recently drove from Vadodara and did not find Chittorgarh-Kishangarh section in bad shape. Yes they have deteriorated but except at the tolls (3 Nos) you are constantly doing 70-90 kmh...
I have made a slight change in my itinerary:
1) I will take NE1 for Baroda - Ahmedabad and then continue on NH8 upto Udaipur (i.e. no bypassing via Godhra)

2) I will start from Umbergaon in Gujarat which is about 150km north of Mumbai and about 17km off NH8. This will save me some 150km and atleast 2 hours. Plan to leave 4:30am

With the above in mind I feed that I can cross Chittorgarh and move further north. Any recommendations about safe places to stay overnight on this route?

Last edited by benzinblut : 2nd November 2015 at 14:18.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
With the above in mind I feed that I can cross Chittorgarh and move further north. Any recommendations about safe places to stay overnight on this route?
Bhilwara is a good place to stay after Chittorgarh. We stayed at Hotel Radiance in 2012. The hotel was new and good at that time. Easily accessible from the highway.

Next option would be Kishangarh I guess, which will be 2 hrs from Bhilwara.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:

You can stay at Hotel Meera near railway station in Chittorgarh. Its located on wide main road and have ample of secure parking space. They serve good food as well.

In case you do not wish to enter city and like to stay on GQ itself, you may choose Chitrakoot Resort on NH-76, located on your left just before you climb on interchange flyover towards Bhilwara/Jaipur.

Last edited by Wanderers : 3rd November 2015 at 13:38.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 14:33   #80
BHPian

Did Bombay-Agra and back in first half of Nov. The roads were fun. Also, since I travelled on the Diwali days, traffic was quite low.

I took NH8 upto Udaipur and then turned on to NH76+NH79 via Chitrorgah-Bhilwara upto Krishangangarh where I joined NH8 again utpo Jaipur.

On NH79 I came across many bad patches of broken roads. Also, facilities on this road are very limited. In comparison to this, NH8 was super smooth with ample facilities. Can anyone comment on the current status of NH8 between Udaipur and Ajmer. Is it worth to take NH79 and bypass NH8 upto Krishangarh?
Old 21st November 2015, 01:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Did Bombay-Agra and back in first half of Nov. The roads were fun. Also, since I travelled on the Diwali days, traffic was quite low.

I took NH8 upto Udaipur and then turned on to NH76+NH79 via Chitrorgah-Bhilwara upto Krishangangarh where I joined NH8 again utpo Jaipur.

On NH79 I came across many bad patches of broken roads. Also, facilities on this road are very limited. In comparison to this, NH8 was super smooth with ample facilities. Can anyone comment on the current status of NH8 between Udaipur and Ajmer. Is it worth to take NH79 and bypass NH8 upto Krishangarh?
To avoid the Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-kishangarh section, one can take the Chittogarh-Jahazpur-Deoli-Tonk-Lalsot and join NH 11 at Dausa. Route link
Chittorgarh-Ladpura (NH 76) - 4 lane highway.
Right turn after Mandalgarh-Deoli - 2 lane state highway (tolled)
Deoli - Tonk-Chaksu - (NH12) 4 laned highway. (tolled)
NH12-Lalsot-Dausa (NH 11A) - 2 lane highway.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 08:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
To avoid the Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-kishangarh section, one can take the Chittogarh-Jahazpur-Deoli-Tonk-Lalsot and join NH 11 at Dausa.

Yes, the said route is equally good option, plus it allows you to visit Sawai Madhopur / Ranthambore as well.

For people visiting Delhi, NH-8 can be avoided all the way up to Gurgaon or Dharuhera by taking Dausa- Alwar- Dharuhera route.
Alwar Dharuhera is a 4 laned toll road.

Last edited by Wanderers : 23rd November 2015 at 08:50.
Old 9th November 2017, 15:40   #83
BHPian

Re: Udaipur - Agra : Route Queries

Am planning to drive from Udaipur to Agra in mid-Dec, which route should I take? Any additional suggestions would be preferred.
  • Option 1: Udaipur - Nathdwara-Beawar-Ajmer-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra
  • Option 2: Udaipur - Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra
Old 9th November 2017, 20:07   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Am planning to drive from Udaipur to Agra in mid-Dec, which route should I take? Any additional suggestions would be preferred.
  • Option 1: Udaipur - Nathdwara-Beawar-Ajmer-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra
  • Option 2: Udaipur - Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra
I have taken this route, Option 2: Udaipur - Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra. Its a was good, except one or two stretches which were uneven.(April, 2017).
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 22:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have taken this route, Option 2: Udaipur - Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Agra. Its a was good, except one or two stretches which were uneven.(April, 2017).
Thanks Arun - I had taken the same route back in 2015 during my ride to Ladakh as was warned against taking Ajmer route then due to it being in worse condition then the latter.

Will stick to same route this time as well.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 22:27   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Am planning to drive from
Another route goes via Chittaurgarh to Kota to Jaipur to Delhi , Very less traffic and you will enjoy driving .But at night most of Rajasthan has cattle problem so try to restrict speeds inspite of having clear stretch .I repeat restrict speeds for your safety .
Old 10th September 2018, 18:09   #87
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am planning for a road trip from Pune - Agra - Delhi - Jaipur - Pune during Diwali vacations. Total 9 days trip and approx. 3K km circuit. Drove in GQ several times in past, hence, would like to explore an alternate route while driving from Pune to Agra. Can I take Pune - Indore - Agra route?

Heard Pune - Indore got beautiful road but not sure about Indore - Agra. Can anyone help?

Will take GQ while returning via Udaipur.

I am driving XUV 500 with my wife and 11 year old twin boys. Please advise.

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2018, 21:25   #88
BHPian

I suggest Pune - Mhow (near Indore) - Chittorgarh - Jaipur route and thereafter Jaipur - Agra - Delhi - Jaipur triangle and back to Pune via Udaipur - Baroda - Mumbai. I am not sure about the condition of Bombay - Agra Road after Dewas which was without divider and full of trucks and potholes just couple of years ago.
ashtrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 13:19   #89
BHPian

Upto dewas is fine thereafter heard it is in fine condition depending on a bikers blog pls reconfirm
pravdr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks