Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 22:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Road Condition: Delhi-Gwalior-Indore-Burhanpur-Nanded-Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Jas, the problem is only that NH3 is not a great road to drive on between Gwalior and Dewas. Indifferent condition, poor facilities, narrow roads and heavy truck traffic.

From Indore to Burhanpur rads are good. As far as Nanded is concerned, avoid the direct highway from Nanded to Ahmednagar (NH222), it was in horrible condition recently. Better route would be to go Nanded-Parbhani-Jalna-Aurangabad.

From Aurangabad, teh route via Vaijapur to Nashik was not in good condition lately, so you may want to try the longer route via Ahmednagar & Talegaon (bypassing Pune, and joining expressway to Bombay).

When you are coming from Delhi, the first day's halt could be at Guna (which has Hotel Varun, a good place), unless you are able to push it to Indore (very aggressive) the same day.
dear hvk sir

iam planning mumbai to gwalior planning to see shivpuri orcha datia and khajuraho

first day i want to push it to dewas but dont know of hotels there.

i have driven upto ujjain before.

can you give me latest info of the above route and recent road conditions.

regards

pravdr
Old 14th August 2011, 23:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
dear hvk sir

iam planning mumbai to gwalior planning to see shivpuri orcha datia and khajuraho

first day i want to push it to dewas but dont know of hotels there.

i have driven upto ujjain before.

can you give me latest info of the above route and recent road conditions.

regards

pravdr
Roads till Dewas are 4 laned and in excellent condition except a patch on the MH border which is being converted into 4 lane.

Dewas-Gwalior road has potholes and occasional jams of 30mins to 1 hour are expected, but nevertheless the road is doable and has good facilities.

Dewas is a fairly big town and you will find plenty of good hotels on the AB Road(NH3) itself.

P.S: I am from Indore. If you need further help then let me know.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 12:08   #33
BANNED

re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

I am writing from Gwalior. Saw in the papers that there is broken bridge in the way. May add 200 odd km to the trip. I was also shocked to read that there is a 100km stretch somewhere which truckers claim is taking 10 hrs as against 4 hrs earlier.

MP highways are in a mess. This has gone to the point where the CM has written to the centre to take about 10 of them out of the NHAI so that the state can maintain them. It took me over 4 hours for the 72 km from Bhind to Gwalior on NH92 ( at one time used to be well under 2 hours) whichwas upgraded to a NH about three years back and put under the NHAI.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 12:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

With the all the above, does it make sense to go via Udaipur/Jaipur.

NH8/NH11.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 12:23   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
With the all the above, does it make sense to go via Udaipur/Jaipur. NH8/NH11.
I was also thinking about suggesting this.

However, sometimes media has a habit of blowing up things. I would suggest you call up someone around Indore or better contact a transporter for the latest information. About a decade ago I did Gwalior-Indore (500km) in nine hours with ease in my Accent, 5 up.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am writing from Gwalior. Saw in the papers that there is broken bridge in the way. May add 200 odd km to the trip. I was also shocked to read that there is a 100km stretch somewhere which truckers claim is taking 10 hrs as against 4 hrs earlier.

MP highways are in a mess. This has gone to the point where the CM has written to the centre to take about 10 of them out of the NHAI so that the state can maintain them. It took me over 4 hours for the 72 km from Bhind to Gwalior on NH92 ( at one time used to be well under 2 hours) whichwas upgraded to a NH about three years back and put under the NHAI.
hi

i was planning mumbai gwalior and shivpuri khajuraho circuit. were there heavy rains should i postpone? i was planning in 1st week of sep.

regards'

praveen
Old 17th August 2011, 09:45   #37
BANNED

Let me add some more information. There was a PIL filed on the MP highways in the High Court, which has recently appointed a panel of three lawyers to monitor progress, and report back to the court.

Subsequent to this the CM has also written to the Centre to give the 10 highways which are under the NHAI back to the state, which will them maintain it from its own funds. When a highway goes to the NHAI the state govt is left with no role to play. You may recall that the Bear (language pun intended) was a disaster, and even though the previous Surface Transport Minister was from MP he apparently did nothing.
Old 17th August 2011, 23:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

hi

your inputs have left a gaping hole in my plans. can you confirm the information about the bridge and road mess between dewas to gwalior.

regards

praveen
Old 17th August 2011, 23:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Roads till Dewas are 4 laned and in excellent condition except a patch on the MH border which is being converted into 4 lane.

Dewas-Gwalior road has potholes and occasional jams of 30mins to 1 hour are expected, but nevertheless the road is doable and has good facilities.

Dewas is a fairly big town and you will find plenty of good hotels on the AB Road(NH3) itself.

P.S: I am from Indore. If you need further help then let me know.

hi can you give me the latest info of road conditions and bridge problem between dewas and gwalior?

pravdr
Old 14th October 2011, 18:14   #40
BHPian

in my grand plan a part is covered from Mumbai to Agra. It has already been mentioned in the forum that road between Mumbai-Nashik-Dewas is good. Questions have been raised on the road from Dewas to Agra. Thanks for this bit of information. I will be travelling in last week of October and it will be great if I can have inputs on the route to take from Mumbai to Agra with one halt. Time and safety is most important. If a better route is longer and expensive but takes less time and is safe, I will prefer that. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanak View Post
in my grand plan a part is covered from Mumbai to Agra. It has already been mentioned in the forum that road between Mumbai-Nashik-Dewas is good. Questions have been raised on the road from Dewas to Agra. Thanks for this bit of information. I will be travelling in last week of October and it will be great if I can have inputs on the route to take from Mumbai to Agra with one halt. Time and safety is most important. If a better route is longer and expensive but takes less time and is safe, I will prefer that. Thanks.
Gwalior-Shivpuri-Guna-Biaora is in a very bad shape. Avoid the NH3 route of possible.

I would prefer to come on NH11 from Agra to Jaipur or on EW Corridor via Jhansi and Kota to Udaipur.
Other option is to come via Chittorgarh, Neemuch & Ratlam to Indore.
Old 16th October 2011, 18:23   #42
BHPian

thanks a ton. I had a talk with my friend in Agra and he also suggested taking the route via udaipur-jaipur rather than through MP. I know the roads are very good in Gujarat and Rajasthan and had travlled on this route while going to Delhi in October 10 so this will be taken. Your reply cleared any remaining doubts. Thanks again.

I will do MUmbai to Ahmedabad in one day because i will be starting late at around noon. The next day i will start early and go via udaipur and around jaipur to Agra.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:06   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Gwalior-Shivpuri-Guna-Biaora is in a very bad shape. Avoid the NH3 route of possible.

I would prefer to come on NH11 from Agra to Jaipur or on EW Corridor via Jhansi and Kota to Udaipur.
Other option is to come via Chittorgarh, Neemuch & Ratlam to Indore.
Hello,

I am planning Pune - Kanpur trip on my new Linea, leaving coming weekend. I was planning Pune - Nashik - Indore - Guna - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Kanpur. Should I avoid this route? Could you suggest any alternative route?

Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 21:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobuddy View Post
Hello,

I am planning Pune - Kanpur trip on my new Linea, leaving coming weekend. I was planning Pune - Nashik - Indore - Guna - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Kanpur. Should I avoid this route? Could you suggest any alternative route?

Thanks
The best route for the moment is as follows:

Pune-New Bombay-Thane-Vapi-Surat-Ankleshwar-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kota-Jhansi-Orai-Bhognipur-Pukharayan Crossing-Kanpur.

Excellent 4-laned roads throughout, some work still left over after Orai.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:29   #45

Dear BHPians,

I am planning Kanpur to Pune trip. Can anyone suggest on current road condition between Shivpuri and Indore via Guna. This was in very bad shape in October but could this have been improved?

The route suggested by Mr. Kumar is almost 1900Km while Jhansi-shipuri-indore-nashik-pune is around 1350Km, a considerable difference. I'll appreciate any latest info on road condition between Shivpuri and Indore.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks