Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 20:06   #106
rkg
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - Indore - Gwalior - Kanpur - Allahabad - Varanasi - Hazaribagh - Ranchi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I think it is better to go from Sagar via Damoh to Panna & Khajuraho

It is as bad as ever, especially south of Shivpuri. Even if one truck breaks down, the road gets jammed too. Overall an unpleasant road to take.
I have taken Sanchi-sagar ( excellent)
sagar-lalitput-- 4 laned and toll road
Lalitpur-tikamghar--- road being repaired. not good. can not exceed 40 kmph
Tikamgarh-chattarpur -- single lane beautiful road. connectes to sagar-chhattarpur road. can easily maintain 90-100 kmph.
chhattarpur-khajuraho--- fine

I think it is better to take sagar chattarpur as it seems only 30 Km is bad but is being relaid
Old 25th November 2014, 18:58   #107

re: Pune - Indore - Gwalior - Kanpur - Allahabad - Varanasi - Hazaribagh - Ranchi : Route Queries

I along with group of friends are planning to take a trip from Mumbai to Khajuraho and were planning to take the following route

Mumbai - Indore - Sanchi (night halt) - Sagar - Chattarpur - Khajuraho

Please do let me know the condition of road and any other precautions we need to take.
Old 5th December 2014, 19:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Indore-Dewas-Biaora-Guna-Shivpuri is the worst road in India today. Avoid at any cost.

Instead, take the Dhule-Dhamnod-Manpur-Lebad (to completely avoid Indore)-Ratlam-Neemuch-Chittorgarh-Kota-Shivpri-Gwalior route. Much more longer, but you will arrive with your sanity intact
Which would be the best route to take from Bhopal to Kanpur. Need your expert advise . I made a mistake of taking the Guna-Shivpuri route once .
Old 8th December 2014, 15:20   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Which would be the best route to take from Bhopal to Kanpur. Need your expert advise . I made a mistake of taking the Guna-Shivpuri route once .
Perhaps the best route for Bhopal-Kanpur would be Bhopal-Vidisha-Rahatgarh-Maithon-Lalitpur-Jhansi-Orai-Kanpur
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 16:40   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps the best route for Bhopal-Kanpur would be Bhopal-Vidisha-Rahatgarh-Maithon-Lalitpur-Jhansi-Orai-Kanpur
I remember a post with regards to going via Bina. Here is one for reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3546947
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 09:16   #111

We used the Bhopal - Sanchi - Chattarpur - Khajuraho as the chosen route and were not disappointed except 5KM of no road and by the time we were coming back some of that 5KM was already paved.

If you are taking this route make sure you cross Sagar early in morning to avoid Sabzi Mandi traffic in the city other than that keep the petrol filled as you might see streches of 30-50 km with no Pumps.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:15   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Rahatgarh to Maithon stretch should be done via Khurai or via Sagar ?
Old 19th December 2014, 15:43   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rahatgarh to Maithon stretch should be done via Khurai or via Sagar ?
No need to go upto Sagar. Via Khurai
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:45   #114
BHPian

I did the Pune - Bhopal - Kanpur route on 20th/21st December.

Did the Bhopal - Kanpur route via Vidisha - Rahatgarh - Sagar - Malthone - Lalitpur - Jhansi as suggested by hvkumar and ampere.

Overall the roads were very good, we were able to cover close to 650 KM's in around 10 hours. The only bad stretch was 10 KM's of no road, as we exited Sagar city to join national highway 26.

The state highways on this route in MP are awesome, freshly laid roads with white strips . This has been marked as state highway 86 Ext. The roads in UP were also very good up till Jhansi, from where the road (I think national highway 25) though technically 4 lane toll road is in ok kind of state. We paid close to Rs 450 in toll from Jhansi to Kanpur for average roads, lot of patch work and sunken roads on tyre tracks.
Old 31st December 2014, 13:02   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I think it is better to go from Sagar via Damoh to Panna & Khajuraho

It is as bad as ever, especially south of Shivpuri. Even if one truck breaks down, the road gets jammed too. Overall an unpleasant road to take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyadav View Post
We used the Bhopal - Sanchi - Chattarpur - Khajuraho as the chosen route and were not disappointed except 5KM of no road and by the time we were coming back some of that 5KM was already paved.

If you are taking this route make sure you cross Sagar early in morning to avoid Sabzi Mandi traffic in the city other than that keep the petrol filled as
you might see streches of 30-50 km with no Pumps.
Guys, advise required for my return journey phase from Rewa to Sagar.

I can think of the below options

1. - Satna - Panna - Damoh - Sagar OR
2. - Satna - Panna - Chhatarpur - Sagar OR
3. - Maihar - Katni - Damoh - Sagar OR
4. - Maihar - Katni - Jabalpur - Sagar

Did the Chattarpur route once back in 2011 and it was bad.

The old threads seem to have a mixed opinion about the above options.
Old 31st December 2014, 13:13   #116

I would suggest Panna - Chhatarpur - Sagar, there was some construction work going on in the strech (no more than 2 km). Its a pretty good drive.
geeyadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 20:36   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyadav View Post
I would suggest Panna - Chhatarpur - Sagar, there was some construction work going on in the strech (no more than 2 km). Its a pretty good drive.
I took an alternate internal route for my return journey from Rewa to Sagar suggested by some local family friends.

Route was as below.

Rewa - Satna - Nagod - Saleha - Pawai - Mohadra - Hatta - Damoh - Sagar

Rewa - Damoh was through internal village roads. Roads were all good, though single lane but minimal vehicular traffic. Damoh onwards it was the usual state highway.
Old 9th March 2016, 21:26   #118
BHPian

Pune-Indore-Gwalior-Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi-Hazaribagh-Ranchi

Quote:

HVK sir, bumping up an old thread, need your advise, which would be the best route from Bhopal to Rewa. I know that till Sagar it's pretty much the same post that there are options via - Chhatrapur / Damoh / Jabalpur / Katni. Planning to travel over the pre Holi weekend
Old 7th September 2016, 16:47   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning Bangalore - Hyderabad - Jabalpur - Varanasi - Patna in a month's time. Just a curious question if you have any updates on the road conditions.

Also if this route is an ideal one or an alternative should be considered. I will be driving mostly through the day and early evenings. No night driving planned
Old 10th October 2016, 17:25   #120
BHPian

Re: Pune - Indore - Gwalior - Kanpur - Allahabad - Varanasi - Hazaribagh - Ranchi : Route Queries

Quote:
Indore-Dewas-Biaora-Guna-Shivpuri is the worst road in India today. Avoid at any cost.
Sir, any update on the condition of this stretch? I am driving back from Pune to Delhi and was hoping to go via Indore, Gwalior and Yamuna Expressway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks