Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 11:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post

trying to get a tubeless tyre repairing kit (as small shops on highway dont have it),
make sure you do a dry run of using the puncture kit as well,because it is not an easy task-using the kit.
the whole beauty of tubeless isyou could run for long distances just by refilling air without bothering too much about the puncture.I once drove a distance of approx 300kmswith a bad puncture just by refilling air every 60kms! Safe driving!
Old 8th June 2010, 12:29   #47
BHPian

Dear All Bangalorians,

Plz suggest BLR city route f
or the following:

1. Entering from the Hyderabad NH7 side; How to reach Jalali East? Its near Ganga Ma circle-BEL circle-Mathikera-in Malleswaram area. We have to stay there at BIL's place who is in AIRFORCE.

How will be traffic on this route at 10 pm?

2. From there Jalai east/ Malleswaram, next day, how to reach JP Nagar which is near Jaya Nagar.

3. What very impt/ must see kind of places can be visited from Malleswaram area in a day (say by afternoon, in a hired taxi).

4. How to get to NH7 (To go to Madurai side) from Jalai east/BEL/ Malleswaram. Time will be early morning 5.30 am.

@ampere has given quite a few suggestion. Thanks for him. As suggested by him, for point 1, taking Hebbal ORR seems the right choice, to reach Malleswaram/BEL/GangaMa circle area.

For 3. What about Bannerghatta National Park? Will it be worth a visit on 15th June? ISKON? What other? day available is only 1, that too can't exert too much, as have to visit friend at JP Nagar in evening, and then next day early morning departure on long sigt seeing trip to Rameswaram, KK, Munnar, Ooty, Udupi, etc..

Where a brief stop-over at Indian Institute of Science can fit in on same day 15 June. No work there though, just to meet another friend for half-an hr.
Important: Does any of the T-bhpian stay/work nearby/ en-route our proposed places of visit or transit in the city? Will be a pleasure to say hello en route. Date is June 15.
Suggestions plz..
Old 8th June 2010, 12:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All Bangalorians,

Plz suggest BLR city route f
or the following:

1. Entering from the Hyderabad NH7 side; How to reach Jalali East? Its near Ganga Ma circle-BEL circle-Mathikera-in Malleswaram area. We have to stay there at BIL's place who is in AIRFORCE.
That is easy. Come on NH7. Turn right at Hebbal Interchange towards Jalahalli/Tumkur. You will reach the BEL Circle/Mathikere within 5-10 minutes.

Quote:
2. From there Jalai east/ Malleswaram, next day, how to reach JP Nagar which is near Jaya Nagar.
I think taking the Chord Road is the best route.

Quote:
4. How to get to NH7 (To go to Madurai side) from Jalai east/BEL/ Malleswaram. Time will be early morning 5.30 am.
If starting from BEL circle, go back to Hebbal interchange, take the Ring Road all the way via Marthahalli and Koramangala to Madivala/Hosur Road.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jallahalli E AF Stn & Malleswaram are not exactly near each other.If its Malleshwaram,then I would suggest that you drive through the city to reach JPN.

If its Jallahalli E then come back to the ORR(Outer Ring road) and head towards KR Puram.From KR Puram continue on the outer ring road towards Sarjapur road where the ORR officially ends.At this point take a right towards koramangala and after a distance of 3-4kms take a left,you would see the Bellandur Lake at this point.Head straight towards Hosur road.Cross the Silk Board junction and continue straight.Once you cross Woody's restaurant on your left after about 10kms you would encounter a junction-this is the JP Nagar circle.take a left there and you are in JP Nagar.This is the easiest and most uncomplicated way to get to JPN.

Quote:
3. What very impt/ must see kind of places can be visited from Malleswaram area in a day (say by afternoon, in a hired taxi).
other than ISCKON temple,nothing of any mention.

Quote:
What about Bannerghatta National Park? Will it be worth a visit on 15th June?
You wouldnt have missed anything even if you didnt go to BNP
Old 8th June 2010, 13:47   #50
BHPian

Thanks HV sir and ranjitp1.

Yes, it is Jallahali E AF stn. We have to reach. I mentioned malleswaram just to point out a major locality of that side. Ranjit, I have noted the ORR route suggested by you to reach JP nagar. Also, your saying that nothing much to see in City, will actually, solve my problems! Want to use time at BLR to meet people and have rest more then loosing energy in visiting routine concrete buildings or common type parks, malls, markets etc. Because, except those 2 days at BLR, rest of our 17 days of the trip are hectic/ packed to the core for some very beautiful sight-seeing.

1. One more friends meeting point added: Ulsoor lake area; (Cox. tomn.). This is reportedly said to be 7 kms from Malleswaram. Which approx. route? ideally, would like to visit these two friends in evening from Jallahali East.

2. HOW to BYPASS/Avoid major traffic of Hyderabad at 11-11.30 am While going to BLR from Nagpur side on NH7?
HV sir, ranjit, MileCruncher, Fordmanchu.. everyone your inputs required.
Old 8th June 2010, 13:50   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You wouldnt have missed anything even if you didnt go to BNP
As Ranjit mentioned, you wont miss anything. But for folks living in the city, BNP gives a good respite once in a while.

I suggested that place, as I think that is the best place around the city. But given the fact that you would be going lots of places, you can as well take the days off, idle around Bangalore (go with your friends for dinner etc )!
Old 8th June 2010, 14:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As Ranjit mentioned, you wont miss anything. But for folks living in the city, BNP gives a good respite once in a while.

I suggested that place, as I think that is the best place around the city. But given the fact that you would be going lots of places, you can as well take the days off, idle around Bangalore (go with your friends for dinner etc )!
Thanks mate. Point well taken. I understand your point of view.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Lalit, this the route I got from Google Maps for your trip लखनऊ, Uttar Pradesh, India to Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - Google Maps

Now in your route, I would rather stay in Khajuraho rather than Chatarpur. Also Adilabad hardly has any decent hotels, so its better to stay in Nagpur and make an early morning run to Hyderabad, reaching by about 12.00 and then carrying onto Bangalore reaching by about 10 PM when the traffic also would have slowed down.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Lalit, this the route I got from Google Maps for your trip लखनऊ, Uttar Pradesh, India to Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - Google Maps

Now in your route, I would rather stay in Khajuraho rather than Chatarpur. Also Adilabad hardly has any decent hotels, so its better to stay in Nagpur and make an early morning run to Hyderabad, reaching by about 12.00 and then carrying onto Bangalore reaching by about 10 PM when the traffic also would have slowed down.
Second this,Adilabad has no hotels of mention,better off staying at Nagpur as MC suggests.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Yes, saw the link. Also replied your PM. Thanks a lot.

Yes, Hotel options are much better at Khajuraho. We'll reach Chatarpur at night and would like to spend minimum time in getting hotel etc, as we have to start really early next morning. So my idea was to call hotel in advance. HVK sir had stayed in January' 10, in a Hotel at Chatarpur and recommended it as good. Hence this idea. But, we can also move on to Khajuraho, if not convinced with that Hotel. Khajuraho sight-seeing is not in plan as we have seen it.

Similarly, we stayed in Hotel Laxmi residency at Adilabad. One Hotel Ravi Teja is also opposite to it. They are not big, but, AC room we got for Rs. 735/- was very good with Power cut backup. So there also we can book in advance. Actually, my priority is to have a confirmed accommodation during these long distance whole-day runs when we'll reach tired at 10 pm. Searching Hotel at that time when family will be desperate to get to bed will be difficult. Also Looking for Hotels at Nagpur will involve more time consumption then passing it through. We just have to get 6 hrs sleep and a good shower at Hotel.

Nagpur - Adilabad also has diversions. On our last trip we covered it once in morning and once during 6pm - 9.45pm. However, covering this stretch on day1 will give us more time on Day 2. But, if we fail to keep pace as planned, yes, we may have to have night halt at Nagpur and start early on day2.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 8th June 2010 at 18:30.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:57   #56
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally, leaving today after 3 hrs. Hope to reach BLR on 13th night. Hyderabad stop-over is canceled. Thank to all for your inputs and wishes.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:38   #57
Team-BHP Support

Met LDL today in Bangalore. We spent about one and a half hours.
He will be leaving for Southern part of the journey tomorrow.

It was good fun talking to him.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:43   #58
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday got an SMS from LDL. He had finished Rameshwaram, KK, Madurai and was cooling off at Munnar.
He said, has never such greenery in his life!

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2010 at 13:44.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:12   #59
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Actually he referred to Munnar as "It's heaven. Family soaking in its beauty".

@ampere. LDL spoke to me and told me he was happy that he met up with you.
Old 21st June 2010, 15:25   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Actually he referred to Munnar as "It's heaven. Family soaking in its beauty".

@ampere. LDL spoke to me and told me he was happy that he met up with you.
It was good fun meeting him! Took him around the IISc campus. We spoke for about hour and a half before I dropped him at Vidhan Soudha.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks