Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 17:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Hi All,

Finally, leaving today after 3 hrs. Hope to reach BLR on 13th night. Hyderabad stop-over is canceled. Thank to all for your inputs and wishes.
Lalit, Just went through this thread. Somehow missed it till now.
I was wondering that you didn't call up on 13th june. I even told my wife that you are on a south trip, driving from Lucknow and will be here in hyd on 13th june.
Anyways, now that I read it. My doubts are cleared!
What happened? route change?
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:13   #62
Team-BHP Support

Just got an SMS that LDL is at Ooty. Reached an hour back.
Met with some traffic at Mettupalayam and also Met a T-BHPian.

Last but not least had break Annapurna at CBE and said was very good!

HVK sir, looks like we need a TBHP meet @ CBE @ Annapurna!

I cant live any more with only reminiscences of the place!
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just got an SMS that LDL is at Ooty. Reached an hour back.

Last but not least had break Annapurna at CBE and said was very good!

HVK sir, looks like we need a TBHP meet @ CBE @ Annapurna!

I cant live any more with only reminiscences of the place!
Hee hee Annapoorna on Mettupalayam Road is a very convenient place to stop over for refreshments. I cued LDL there today afternoon!!! Also got a SMS now from LDL, the tbhpian meeting is wonderful.
Old 28th June 2010, 23:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

LDL crossed through Mysore, Coorg and Murdeshwar. Today started from
Murdeshwar and via NH63 crossed Hubli and is currently at Satara.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:24   #65
Team-BHP Support

LDL reached Kota.
Did you any of you guys meet him in Pune?
Old 30th June 2010, 17:03   #66
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to LDL when he was nearing Satara. He decided to rest that night in Satara as it was late.
Next morning I adviced him to leave earlier than planned so that he doesn't get stuck at hinjewadi chowk at peak hours. Also told him about the two tunnels from satara to pune and asked him to call me after he crosses New Katraj tunnel, so that I can meet him in NH4.
Unfortunately, I slept off and when I woke up, I noticed a call from him around 7 or 7:30. Missed an opportunity to meet LDL.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:27   #67
Team-BHP Support

Live Updates! Our Man crossed Jhansi...

Heading back to the location what we call home!
Old 30th June 2010, 19:29   #68
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I've not got his sms. Guess he's ticked off because I didn't meet him near Pune!
Old 1st July 2010, 09:27   #69
Team-BHP Support

Game Over! Birds are back in the nest safe and sound! (Reached late night at 2)
Now lets expect TL, snaps and more snaps!
Old 1st July 2010, 09:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That team bhpain was me.

I did not know a thread like this existed. Wish him luck. Was a pleasure talking to him.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Game Over! Birds are back in the nest safe and sound! (Reached late night at 2)
Now lets expect TL, snaps and more snaps!
Yes, we are back in our nest. It'll take some time to come out of the bliss we have been through in this memorable trip. Feeling like just out of a theater, having seen a favorite bollywood movie! It was like that - a script dreamt about, written on paper, and acted upon like a flash! Family is fully satisfied and still sound even after such a tight schedule! There is so much to write about, pics, stories..and all that is expected. Will unfold in couple of days, just need to get back to office obligations.

@ampere, MX6, HVK Sir, Ranjit, Fordmanchu, beejay, MileCruncher and all others.
A big thanks to all of you for all that support without which the trip couldn't have been so successful.

@HVK Sir. What should I say! I couldn't have even dreamt about such a trip, had I not interacted and met you and read your inputs and experiences in different threads on T-bhp! I think this expresses what I mean to say. When connected to you over phone, passing through any city looks like we are wandering in our own native city! Let me quote what my wife said at Coimbatore: 'Are ye to bada easy hua, pata hi nahi chala, kab city cross ho gaya!' (English version: O! it became so easy, didn't even feel, so soon and easily we could cross the main city!).

@ampere. Meeting you was equally pleasing to all of us too. Its been fun to be in touch all throu this trip. WOW! that you updated this thread from my sms info! great favour this.

@Ranjit, Hyderabad. Can't express thanks for all the help you extended at Hyd.

@beejay
. It was such a pleasant meeting you on road, in typical T-bhpian style. If you remember, on seeing T-bhp sticker on your car, I desperately overtook you in a little rude fashion amidst Mettupalayam city traffic, so that I can stop and wave you to stop. But, when I found you stopped on a shop, I took a U turn, family said, what are you doing, where are we going! I replied, 'jara ruko, kissi se milna hai'. Thanks for immediately offering all the help.

MX6. No issues. Was nice to be in touch. I called 2-3 times when we reached that second tunnel, but it was earlier (7.50-7.55 am) then you could have expected. I knew, must have been some work or as you told, sleeping, etc. For the first time we started on time as planned (6.30 am) that day in this whole trip, may be that was the reason to miss a gud opportunity to meet you! Your inputs about Pune route and city traffic crucial points helped me a lot, and I could avoid all the possible traffic jam. We could sail through that point smoothly without any traffic, and got the signal green, fortunately, didn't even have to stop there. Had breakfast at First Food plaza on E-Way. Was nice.

Fordmanchu. Sorry for not calling you. We messed up a bit in Hyd. It started raining, had to change plan a bit. No route change, though. To make up for that I'll give you a call tonight!

@dadu, MileCruncher. A big sorry to you too. Forgot to take your number from my inbox! and didn't have any breather to log on to net in such a hectic schedule, wasn't carrying laptop and net connection. Anyway, will talk to you soon.

Finally, I can't miss to thank my family and our Black Tigress that made this trip as smooth, exciting and trouble free as it was.

TL with pics will follow soon.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hey, LDL!!
kudos to you and your family for venturing out and completing such a long and hectic trip. Special mention infact should go to your family and your black tigress.
It would be amazing to know about your experiences and seeing the pics you have clicked.That was one helluva journey.
I know on such a long trip, you can't always go as per your plans.
Anyways, happy that you trip went well.Now carryon with the travelogue.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:31   #73
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I will make up for that. I'm planning a drive to Kashi with my family in my Ikon! I intend to proceed from there towards Agra. So definitely I'm going to run in to you!
Roll out your TL! I enjoyed your last log which made me change my route to Omkareshwar! Instead of taking the nasik route, I did the pune - ahmednagar - kannad ghat - chalisgaon bypass - dhulia - indore - ujjain - omkareshwar - burhanpur - raver - ajanta - aurangabad - ahmednagar - pune route!
Old 1st July 2010, 23:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lalit,
It was nice talking to you. Was indeed surprised to get your call.
Hope to meet you soon enough on your Hyderabad trip. Now roll out your travelogue fast.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Great that you completed a challenging drive comfortably and everyone in good health and cheer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks