Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 23:22   #16
BHPian

re: Shimoga to Byndoor : Route Queries

Again Bumping this thread after 2 years.
Traveling to Sai Vishram on Saturday and got into same confusion, which route to take. Planning to start from Bangalore at 4-4.30am and looking to reach Sai Vishram at around 2.30pm.

Route #1
Shivamoga - Ayanur - Ripponpet - Hosanagar - Nagara - Kollur - Byndoor

Route #2
Shivamoga - Thirthahalli - Agumbe - Haladi - Kundapura - Byndoor

Route #3
Shivamoga - Sagar - Honnavar - Murudeshwara - Bhatkal - Byndoor

Any recent updates?

Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 23:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Route #1
Shivamoga - Ayanur - Ripponpet - Hosanagar - Nagara - Kollur - Vandse- Byndoor

Pretty much good roads all the way.

Quote:
Route #2
Shivamoga - Thirthahalli - Agumbe - Someshwar- Ampar-Kundapura - Byndoor

Again good roads all the way. You can pretty much choose one of the above two.

Quote:
Route #3
A big detour. Not needed.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Again Bumping this thread after 2 years.
Traveling to Sai Vishram on Saturday and got into same confusion, which route to take. Planning to start from Bangalore at 4-4.30am and looking to reach Sai Vishram at around 2.30pm.

Route #1

Route #2

Route #3

Any recent updates?

Thanks
Route # 3 is not at all preferred for two main reasons. I just did this route almost couple of weeks back, and as per my knowledge and experience this is the longest of the three routes mentioned and other is that road widening is in progress all the way from Gunavante till Byndoor on this road.
Old 17th February 2015, 07:03   #19
BHPian

@Ampere - Thanks very much for your timely help.
I have taken route #1. As you said all the way roads are good except some small stretches between Nagodi - Nagara. Even work is going on in that stretch also, some widening is also happening, but easily doable.
Nagodi - Kollur is now having concreted stretch and the last 3-4 km to Kollur is properly tarred.
I have taken Kollur - Byndoor direct road as shown in google map not via Vandse, excellent road all the way.

@meetbadri - Thanks for the updates.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 08:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Ampere - Thanks very much for your timely help.
I have taken route #1. As you said all the way roads are good except some small stretches between Nagodi - Nagara. Even work is going on in that stretch also, some widening is also happening, but easily doable.
Nagodi - Kollur is now having concreted stretch and the last 3-4 km to Kollur is properly tarred.
I have taken Kollur - Byndoor direct road as shown in google map not via Vandse, excellent road all the way.
Thanks for the update. I was aware that roads are very good till Nittur. So Nittur-Kollur is where the work is on-going. But as you said it should not be that bad. And sorry I did not mean to add Vandse on the way. Yes there is a direct road to Byndoor from Kollur and thats a good road too as you confirmed.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:07   #21
BHPian

Hello Friends, I am planning to go to SaiVishram resort in Byndoor from Bangalore at the end of July. Which is the best route in a low slung sedan like NHCZx. Planning to start early morning, by what time I should expect to reach the resort. Any other best practice which can be shared with me.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:19   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Hello Friends, I am planning to go to SaiVishram resort in Byndoor from Bangalore at the end of July. Which is the best route in a low slung sedan like NHCZx. Planning to start early morning, by what time I should expect to reach the resort. Any other best practice which can be shared with me.
I think the best option would be via Agumbe.

Bangalore-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Ampar-Kundapur-Byndoor.

You can bypass Shimoga via Bhadravathi bypass - Umblibail-Mandagadde. (But if you are not aware of the roads stick to Shimoga).
Old 21st July 2015, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the best option would be via Agumbe.

Bangalore-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Ampar-Kundapur-Byndoor.

You can bypass Shimoga via Bhadravathi bypass - Umblibail-Mandagadde. (But if you are not aware of the roads stick to Shimoga).
Hello Ampere, Just wanted to know how much of it will be under ghat section on this route ? What if I take Hosanagar-Nittur-kollur route ? How much of ghat section will be there on that route ? I am having a NHC Zx which is not very rough road friendly
Old 21st July 2015, 11:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Ampere, Just wanted to know how much of it will be under ghat section on this route ? What if I take Hosanagar-Nittur-kollur route ? How much of ghat section will be there on that route ? I am having a NHC Zx which is not very rough road friendly
- Actually its not too much of heavy ghat section.
- Once past Shimoga, you exit NH206 at Ayannur
- Past Ayannur, the road starts to wind slowly and also becomes narrow (but very low on traffic)
- But its still easy till Hosanagara
- Its after Hosanagara that you start seeing winding roads. They are still easy roads
- After Nagar, where you exit for Nittur/Kollur, roads starts to get even more winding.
- However they are not like those hairpin bend like sections all the way. Only I think near Kollur you will see them.

The over all route is very good all the way. But what you need to be aware of is that since its raining these days, there can be quite a tree-falls. And these roads pass through some dense forest regions.

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2015 at 11:51.
Old 26th July 2015, 18:30   #25
BHPian

Hello Ampere, I'm currently in byndoor. I was just wondering what if I take the road from Shimoga to Chitradurga while coming back to bangalore. Any idea/suggestions on this ?
Old 26th July 2015, 19:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello Ampere, I'm currently in byndoor. I was just wondering what if I take the road from Shimoga to Chitradurga while coming back to bangalore. Any idea/suggestions on this ?
You can surely take that route. Its not that bad. But yes, expect it to be rough. The only reason I would still stick to Arsikere-CR Patna-Nelamangala is because in that case I can avoid the traffic prone Tumkur-Nelamangala section.
Old 17th April 2018, 12:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You can surely take that route. Its not that bad. But yes, expect it to be rough. The only reason I would still stick to Arsikere-CR Patna-Nelamangala is because in that case I can avoid the traffic prone Tumkur-Nelamangala section.
Hi Ampere, Sorry to bump up an old thread but for the May day weekend, we are planning to travel from Bangalore to Baindur. Any new updates on the road conditions or do the above mentioned recommendations by you hold good?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 17th April 2018, 21:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Hi Ampere, Sorry to bump up an old thread but for the May day weekend, we are planning to travel from Bangalore to Baindur. Any new updates on the road conditions or do the above mentioned recommendations by you hold good?
Thanks in Advance!
I have not been around on this section for years now!

But you can see latest updates for Kollur here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...e-queries.html (Bangalore to Kollur Mookambika : Route Queries)

That should also help plan around Kollur to Byndoor.
Old 18th April 2018, 01:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Thanks in Advance!
I am also planning to drive to Shirali from Bangalore on 5th May and have planned to take Bangalore - Hassan - Chikkamagalur - Sringeri - Shankaranarayana - Trasi - Byndoor - Bhatkal - Shirali route. I have chosen this route mainly because I can get good lunch at Sringeri Temple
Old 18th April 2018, 06:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I am also planning to drive to Shirali from Bangalore on 5th May and have planned to take Bangalore - Hassan - Chikkamagalur - Sringeri - Shankaranarayana - Trasi - Byndoor - Bhatkal - Shirali route. I have chosen this route mainly because I can get good lunch at Sringeri Temple
Many folks do Hassan-Chikkamagulur-Sringeri. You should be able find periodic updates on the forum. But yes, this section is a twisty beauty (Chikkamugulur-Aldur-Balehonnur-Sringeri)! Sringeri-Agumbe should be alright (good to confirm). But I dont know about Someshwar-Shankarnaraya-Ampar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks