Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 15:02   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Kollur Mookambika : Route Queries

Hi All,

Planning to go to Kollur Mookambika temple with family. Not sure as which route to take. Heard that Shiradi ghat is not driveable in a Ford Ikon.

I am thinking of Bangalore-Madikeri-Sullia-Putthur-Mangalore-Udupi-Kundapura-Kollur
or
Bangalore-Hasan-Shiradighat-Mangalore-Kollur
or
Bangalore -Shimoga-Kollur.

Which route is best to drive in Ikon with 2 adults and 2 kids???

Regards,
Gopi.
Old 6th January 2010, 15:21   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Bangalore-Madikeri-Sullia-Putthur-Mangalore-Udupi-Kundapura-Kollur
or
or
Bangalore-Madikeri-Sullia-Putthur-Mangalore-Udupi-Kundapura-Kollur - Longest distance Probably about 475 to 490 Kms
Time taken about 12 Hrs including stop for breakfast / lunch / Dinner.
Also roads from Kushalnagar to Sampaje (About 80 Kms) are really bad.

Just avoid. Better not even have this route in the list.

Best route of the options.
Shortest distance about 375 Kms.
Route to be taken is Bangalore - Shimoga- Ayanur - Ripponpet - Hosanager - Nagara - Kollur.
Road after Hosanagar to Kollur not up to the mark.
Very less traffic after Shimoga. Compared to the traffic density from Bangalore to Shimoga.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:36   #3
BHPian

Route Status

Planning a trip to Kollur any idea which roads are good..
Planning to take Kodchadri ghat from shimoga
or
bangalore belur kollur
Old 10th June 2010, 14:00   #4
BHPian

@Kalsu:
Even I am planning for June 19/20 weekend to Kollur & Sigandur.
However, following link helps for route info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...re-kollur.html
Old 10th June 2010, 15:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

Use the Bangalore-Mangalore thread. One stop solution for all.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...udupi-147.html
Old 10th June 2010, 17:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Mookambika

Looks like its too much info about variety of places in the above mentioned thread! would be better if we get info specific to Bangalore - Mookambika route. I was wondering what would be the latest road conditions like ! I had a trip to Udupi last October enroute Goa, and swore I would not take that route [Coorg - Udupi route]. My car started rattling especially after I took that route. I would like to know which is the better of the road as of now ! My car is a swift and will have 4 adults and a kid during the trip.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th June 2010 at 17:08.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like its too much info about variety of places in the above mentioned thread! would be better if we get info specific to Bangalore - Mookambika route. I was wondering what would be the latest road conditions like ! I had a trip to Udupi last October enroute Goa, and swore I would not take that route [Coorg - Udupi route]. My car started rattling especially after I took that route. I would like to know which is the better of the road as of now ! My car is a swift and will have 4 adults and a kid during the trip.
I think the best route for the moment may be via Charmadi Ghat, Karakala, Udupi & Kundapura
Old 10th June 2010, 17:11   #8
BHPian

A colleague of mine in the last week of may has taken the Bangalore - shimoga - Kollur route to and fro. He did this on Dezire and said that the roads are good and did not had any problems enroute. This route would be around 400 kms and will not be very strainful.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Best route of the options.
Shortest distance about 375 Kms.
Route to be taken is Bangalore - Shimoga- Ayanur - Ripponpet - Hosanager - Nagara - Kollur.
Road after Hosanagar to Kollur not up to the mark.
Very less traffic after Shimoga. Compared to the traffic density from Bangalore to Shimoga.
I've taken this route last December. Started from Bangalore around 8 am and reached Kollur at 8 pm (breaks for breakfast, lunch etc included). Was driving my Santro (my wife and son were with me), roads are good, but a bit lonely after Shimoga. It was really foggy, some distance after Nagara, but it cleared when I reached the ghat section. The descent is quite OK but the road is narrow and you have to be slow. Other than that, I did not find any problem with the route. (From Shimoga till Kollur, I did not find good family restaurants)
Old 11th June 2010, 13:46   #10
Team-BHP Support

The other route is via Chikmagulur (CKM)

Bangalore-Magadi-Hassan-CKM-Aldur-Koppa-Thirthahalli-Nagar-Kollur.
Old 12th June 2010, 08:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Via shimoga - Nagara is good route to take to Kollur from Bangalore. If you are super fast and less breaks can reach in 8 hours easily. Careful with single lane roads, But you will love the roads. Very less ghat section and you can check out Kodachadri Hill/water falls nearby en route (need to hire Jeep to go to top of hill and travel 4+km) after crossing HosaNagara.

Ravi.
Old 12th June 2010, 08:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Via shimoga - Nagara is good route to take to Kollur from Bangalore. If you are super fast and less breaks can reach in 8 hours easily. Careful with single lane roads, But you will love the roads. Very less ghat section and you can check out Kodachadri Hill/water falls nearby en route (need to hire Jeep to go to top of hill and travel 4+km) after crossing HosaNagara.

Ravi.
Ravi, is the road in good condition now? I remember that it was in a very bad shape a few weeks ago.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:13   #13
BHPian

From Bangalore which is the best route to reach NH206. I am planning to leave at 4-4.30am. Staying at BSK 3rd Stage, BLR.

Route 1:
Vidyapeeta Circle - Good Shed Road - Malleswaram - Yeshwantpur - Follow the road till Nelamangala and deviate to left

Route 2:
Take Link Road near PES to reach NICE Road - Tumkur Road - Follow the road till Nelamangala and deviate to left

Route 3:
Kathriguppe - Jnanabharathi Road-Magadi Road-Kunigal Junction-Bellur Cross-Chennarayapatna-Rigth Deviation-Arsikere- follow NH 206

Please suggest.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:20   #14
BHPian

BlackStallion :

THE best route to reach NH4 and beyond at 4 AM in the morning is as below: (Assuming u dont wanna take NICE)

VidyaPeeta Circle - South End Circle - JC Road - Cubbon Park - Raj Bhavan - Windsor Manor - Cauvery Theatre - Sanky Tank - Malleshwaram 18th cross - Yeshwanthpur - NH4. (i dont think, any other CITY route can be better than this one)

But, with the construction in Peenya and beyond, it would be good to drive on Ring road, take the PESIT Nice road and join NH4 at the end of NICE road.

Last edited by pramod : 14th June 2010 at 12:28.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:27   #15
BHPian

Thanks Pramod.
BTW, are there any decent eating joints near Nelamangala/Tumkur and also NH 206.
I am looking for veg restaurants on NH 206.

Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks