Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 12:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
BTW, are there any decent eating joints near Nelamangala/Tumkur and also NH 206.
These are a few which u can consider on your drive:

1. Kamat upachar after the nelamangala junction (but not sure if it is open at 5 AM)

2. Dabhospet -- Pavithra Hotel (Thatte Idli and Vada speciality)
This is just after the NH4 and Tumkur bypass junction.

If you are very early at this point, you can move ahead and try out the hotels inside tumkur. There are a number of them on the route inside tumkur.

Once, you leave Tumkur, it is tough to find hotels until you reach "Kibbanahalli cross" after gubbi and before tiptur.

Last edited by pramod : 14th June 2010 at 12:43.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pramod.
BTW, are there any decent eating joints near Nelamangala/Tumkur and also NH 206.
I am looking for veg restaurants on NH 206.

Please advise.
You have the Upachar Kamat and Reliance A1 Plaza (but both towards Bangalore side, U-turn required) between Nelamangala and Tumkur, immediately after crossing Dobespet.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

Add to it a CCD very close to Kamat Upachar on the left (while driving towards Tumkur).

By the way, folks is there anything between Tumkur and Shimoga?
My only problem is that its too close to break the journey.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:17   #19
BHPian

Thanks for eatouts info. Yes, I have heard the Thatte Idli - MASALA hotel near Kadur.

Would it be raining heavily near Kollur / Murudeshwar?
Yesterday, booked Aswathi Hotel at Kollur. They said everyday rain comes for 1-2hrs.

Should i be cautious in any of these areas?

I am very sedate driver and also driving with elders. Hope it should not be issue.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Should i be cautious in any of these areas?
I am very sedate driver and also driving with elders. Hope it should not be issue.
Highway driving in Monsoons always need caution.. dont drive over puddles filled with water. Never know how deep they are.
Check your wiper. With the summer heat, the rubber on it would have become hard and may not wipe the glass well. Get it replaced if necessary.
Shimogga to Kollur is not very easy to drive for a driver who doesnt take the highways/long drives often. If there is an on coming vehicle who you feel may not get down the road to allow you, slow down , being ON the road and then pass him. As much as possible, avoid getting down the shoulders, expecially in Kollur ghats, which are very narrow and many blind corners.

I briefed a bit too much i suppose. But if it helps, i am happy.

Last edited by pramod : 14th June 2010 at 23:43.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:55   #21
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Kollur Mookambika : Route Queries

Bumping this thread !
I am planning a trip to Kollur Mookambika temple next weekend. I would like to know the present road conditions to Kollur from Bangalore. Any information regarding this will be of great help as it is our first trip to Kollur.
Old 16th March 2013, 23:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Bumping this thread !
I am planning a trip to Kollur Mookambika temple next weekend. I would like to know the present road conditions to Kollur from Bangalore. Any information regarding this will be of great help as it is our first trip to Kollur.
The Nagara-Kollur route is still not in good shape, hence maybe the Tirthahalli-Hulikal-Kundpura route is better.

But to reach Tirthahalli, you can take Bangalore-Tumkur-Tiptur-Arsikere-Bhadravati-Shimoga-Tirthahalli
Old 17th March 2013, 07:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

If you have 3-days budget, what I would suggest is drive down to Udupi/Manipal and stay. You get good choices of hotels too. Day 2 you start for Kollur, complete the darshan and come back by evening and stay. Day 3 you drive back to Bangalore. That way you also get to see the temple at Udupi.

Udupi-Kollur is about 90km.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:56   #24
BHPian

I'm taking Bangalore - Sringeri - Koppa - Thirthahalli - Kollur this week.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2013 at 18:58. Reason: Removing font tags
Old 5th August 2013, 19:51   #25
BHPian

Confused about the route to take from Bangalore:

1. Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Kollur - However, I read that the Nagara - Kollur stretch might be closed for maintanence. Any updates on this?

2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Hulikal ghat -
Hosangadi - Ampar - Kollur. - Is the Ampar - Kollur route open?
Old 6th August 2013, 15:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Confused about the route to take from Bangalore:

1. Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Kollur - However, I read that the Nagara - Kollur stretch might be closed for maintanence. Any updates on this?

2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Hulikal ghat -
Hosangadi - Ampar - Kollur. - Is the Ampar - Kollur route open?
I had put up the same query on HVK's FaceBook forum, and got to know that both the routes are good to do and open. However, I will taking the following route, since accommodation at Kollur was unavailable.

Bangalore - Channarayapattana - Hassan - Belur - Mudigere - Charmadi - Belthangady - Karkala - Udupi - Kundapura
Old 29th August 2013, 22:31   #27
BHPian

Is the following route motorable in a low GC vehicle? Heard that part of karnataka has lot of rains this monsoon , any update on the route

Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Kollur
Old 30th August 2013, 09:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Is the following route motorable in a low GC vehicle? Heard that part of karnataka has lot of rains this monsoon , any update on the route

Bangalore - Tumkur - Shimoga - Ananthapur - Hosanagara - Nagara - Kollur
Avoid the Nagara-Kollur route & go via Charmadi Ghat, Karkala to Kundapura
Old 4th November 2013, 13:17   #29
BHPian

Returned on Saturday evening after visiting Kollur and Udupi, had started from Bangalore on Friday early morning and travelled the Tumkur- Shimoga- Sagara- Honnavar- Kollur - Udupi Route - The roads are decent upto Honnavar and from there we took the Kochi Panvel highway ( Followed MMI GPS)- the highway is in a really pathetic condition- anyone thinking of travelling this route from Honnavar, please avoid this completely.
Post visit to Mookambika temple we took the route from Kollur to Udupi, the MMI GPS directed us back to Kochi- Panvel Highway and it was a nightmare again until Kundapur, from where it got better save for the sudden merging of 4 lanes to 3 lanes at many points owing to ongoing road widening.

Return we took the Udupi - Hosanagara Route, the roads are non existent upto Hosanagara at most places ( However much better than the craters on the Kochi Panvel Highway)- Wonder what we have paid taxes for and what we continue paying infrastructure cess for with every litre of fuel . Post Hosanagara, the road is decent and from Shimoga it is really good. The udupi Hosanagara stretch took us 3 hours to cover.
Old 4th November 2013, 13:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
Return we took the Udupi - Hosanagara Route, the roads are non existent upto Hosanagara at most places ( However much better than the craters on the Kochi Panvel Highway)- Wonder what we have paid taxes for and what we continue paying infrastructure cess for with every litre of fuel . Post Hosanagara, the road is decent and from Shimoga it is really good. The udupi Hosanagara stretch took us 3 hours to cover.
You should have done :

Bangalore-Shimoga-Agumbe-Someshwar-Halady-Kollur.

Kollur-Udupi via NH17 is a quite bad around Kudapur which is given. In the other thread we were discussion about options to bypass the same.

See this other update by member @pariwar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3283714

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks