Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 09:06   #406
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Kollur Mookambika : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
I did the same route last month. You could also visit Halebeedu or Belur temple and Sringeri on the way.
Thank you so much for the information . Hope either of the roads are good, is it right? Thanks!

Last edited by blrboy : 15th November 2023 at 09:25. Reason: quote didn't end it correctly
Old 15th November 2023, 16:25   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Thank you so much for the information . Hope either of the roads are good, is it right? Thanks!
Both routes are good. Route 2 is slightly better as it has a longer highway drive till Chitradurga but Route 1 is more scenic.
swoosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 16:15   #408

Planning to travel to Kollur, but the stays in Kollur are all booked for the week. Any recommendations on staying at Kundapur or is Udupi better. I believe kollur is about an hour and half from Udupi. Any other locations whith good stay options?
Old 17th December 2023, 17:56   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndDrives View Post
Planning to travel to Kollur, but the stays in Kollur are all booked for the week. Any recommendations on staying at Kundapur or is Udupi better. I believe kollur is about an hour and half from Udupi. Any other locations whith good stay options?
Udupi/Manipal works perfectly well. You have all kinds of hotels here. You can do Kollur up/down from here. Start post breakfast by 0800 and you can back in Manipal after a Kollur darshan by 1200/1300.

Given its a holiday season, I dont expect hotels to be easily available in these towns as well. But it definitely helps broaden your search space for a stay.
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:47   #410

Has anyone traveled from Bengaluru to Shivamogga via Tumkur - Tiptur - Arasikere recently? The last time I drove was some 3 to 4 years ago and it was not a pleasant drive due to narrow roads all the way from Tumkur but some road work was going on at various places. Wondering if that route is any better now!

Last edited by ampere : 2nd January 2024 at 11:58. Reason: typo fixed
Old 2nd January 2024, 19:15   #411
BHPian

I traveled to Kollur on 22nd December and took Sira-Hiriyur-Chitradurga-Davanagere-Honnalli-Ayanur-Nagara. Wanted to take exit at Chitradurga, but missed, and continued till Davanagere. In hindsight, it was a good miss as there was no traffic all the way and the roads were very good. Reached at 2pm with a 5:30 start from HSR Layout, through the city. Stopped for breakfast at Pakashala at Sira and it was good with clean restrooms.

Took return via Shivamogga for Lunch options and stopped at Isiri in town. Roads were good all the way from Shivamogga to Chitradurga (stopped at Jio BP for fuel break)

Last edited by bejoy : 2nd January 2024 at 19:17.
Old 16th January 2024, 21:04   #412
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Kollur is not the final destination, pardon me ; however, majority of the guidance I require, is in line with this thread, hence posting.

Neelamangala to Agumbe :

1. NH48-Hiriyur exit - Hosadurga - Tarikere - Lakavalli - Muduba Tunga - Tirthahalli - Agumbe

2a. NH48-Chitradurga exit - Channagiri - Sivamogga - Sakrebyle - Muduba Tunga - Tirthahalli - Agumbe
2b. NH48-Chitradurga exit - Channagiri - Bhadravati - Hosapete - Muduba Tunga - Tirthahalli - Agumbe

3. NH75 - Hassan - Belur - Chickmaglur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri - Begar Handpost - Agumbe

Google informed differences :
1 = 3 + 23km/9mins
2a = 1 + 20km/3mins
2b = 1 + 19km/8mins

The unknowns are surface quality and traffic (w.r.t Gorguntepalya @5am). Which is where I need your help. Kindly suggest the optimal one, car is lowGC sedan.

Last edited by venkyhere : 16th January 2024 at 21:08.
Old 9th February 2024, 09:20   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I traveled to Kollur on 22nd December and took Sira-Hiriyur-Chitradurga-Davanagere-Honnalli-Ayanur-Nagara. Wanted to take exit at Chitradurga, but missed, and continued till Davanagere. In hindsight, it was a good miss as there was no traffic all the way and the roads were very good. Reached at 2pm with a 5:30 start from HSR Layout, through the city. Stopped for breakfast at Pakashala at Sira and it was good with clean restrooms.

Took return via Shivamogga for Lunch options and stopped at Isiri in town. Roads were good all the way from Shivamogga to Chitradurga (stopped at Jio BP for fuel break)
Can you share which route you took from Shivamogga to Chitradurga on your return.
Old 9th February 2024, 09:41   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Can you share which route you took from Shivamogga to Chitradurga on your return.
I did a round trip to Kollur Feb 3rd/4th weekend. Onward and return I took
below route. All the way roads are good.

Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Shivamogga - Ayanur - Ripponpet - Hosanagara - Kollur

In the Chitradurga - Shivamogga section, most of the sections look recently relaid and it's pleasure to drive.

Here is the direction from Shivamogga - Chitradurga

https://maps.app.goo.gl/cJVUw89nvuyZbMEC7
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 09:50   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
In the Chitradurga - Shivamogga section, most of the sections look recently relaid and it's pleasure to drive.

Here is the direction from Shivamogga - Chitradurga

https://maps.app.goo.gl/cJVUw89nvuyZbMEC7
Yes, this is route I took and I agree, the roads are excellent.
Old 11th February 2024, 11:00   #416
mgr

Did anyone has contact no of Kollur Temple office. I want to enquire about some poojas

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2024 at 11:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks