Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-59.html)

I did a loop drive to NH75 (Solur Pakashala) and here are the details of the route taken (both ways avoiding Hebbal)

Yelahanka - IVRI road - Hesarghatta - Nelamangala underpass
I couldn't believe it that it was a signal free drive from Yelahanka (past galleria junction of course) all the way to NH75 junction at Nelamangala. For a Saturday afternoon it was blissful although I am not very sure about time saved (sure about stress!)

Return route was Solur - Dobbaspet - STRR till Settarahalli - Nandi Cross - elevated airport highway - Jakkur

NH348A from Solur to Dobbaspet was a treat with scenic roads, light traffic and a good surface (2 lane only). STRR entry was well marked and expectedly smooth (although it's baffling why only two lanes in so many sections). STRR exit to Bangalore was well marked, I reckon that would be via Doddaballapura and Rajanukunte. However, I chose to take the airport entry into the city and the exit for that is near Settarahalli. Surprisingly, it was poorly marked and somewhat confusing till Nandi Cross but effectively signal free again (at a stretch) for a Saturday evening!

If you all see the latest Droneman video on Bangalore Chennai Expressway, you would see the exit for STRR towards Hosur from south of Hoskote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoFouIJE4Mk&t=1s

He refers it as a highway heading south towards Hosur. It's actually the STRR.

Here is a snap taken from the video

On Bypassing Bangalore-strr_hoskote.jpg

Only earth work can be seen. We still have enough work ahead.

Planning to use this route tomorrow to bypass Bangalore on my way to Hubli from Chennai. Are there any road blocks or water logging due to recent rains?

So anyone living in/around Devanahalli/Budigere/Hoskote/Kadugodi or Yelahanka/Doddaballapur started using the STRR as the primary route to join the highways to to Durga/Hubli/Belgaum or Hassan/Mangalore ?

Has it saved oodles of time for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 5735986)
Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 5735941)
Yes, I have to pick up passengers from KR Puram railway station.

Also, if KR Puram railway station is the only stop you have, you could then drive towards Hoskote and get onto the STRR from the Chintamani road

The train was late by a couple of hours so I did take ITPL Main Road > Hoodi ROB > Bhattarahalli to join OMR; and then took the straightforward left-turn ramp at Hoskote to get on the STRR (it is nicely signposted too, now). At the end of it, I didn't feel I lost any time when I joined NH4 at Dabaspete (Google was asking me not to do that, instead it was suggesting Dodballapura > Gauribidanur > Madhugiri > Sira first and Dabaspete > Madhugiri > Sira later - because of a major flyover/interchange construction 10 km before Sira which lost us about 15 mins).

Quote:

Originally Posted by airguitar (Post 5776906)
So anyone living in/around Devanahalli/Budigere/Hoskote/Kadugodi or Yelahanka/Doddaballapur started using the STRR as the primary route to join the highways to to Durga/Hubli/Belgaum or Hassan/Mangalore? Has it saved oodles of time for you?

I guess for these people it is a no-brainer. Even I (Marathahalli resident) am seeing the value of taking STRR when going towards Udupi which I do half a dozen times a year. This despite not having any radial connection to the STRR right now (neither Sarjapur Road nor Varthur Road has that at the moment).

Will this route be a good option to by pass Bangalore en route to Devanahalli/Chikballapur area? I will be reaching Hosur around 5pm. Are the roads good?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 49
Size:  407.6 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 5779417)
Will this route be a good option to by pass Bangalore en route to Devanahalli/Chikballapur area? I will be reaching Hosur around 5pm. Are the roads good?

Attachment 2611296

Would a faster option will be NICE, Tumkur Road exit, enter the STRR to devnahalli from near Nelmangala. I'm also asking, not sure.

Quote:

Yes, this is a good route to reach Devanahalli from Hosur. The roads are good most of the way except the last bit nearing Hoskote. From Hosur to Malur is single lane and from there it is divided with truck traffic, but still it is much better than going through the city.

Quote:

The route via Baglur good. But please sure dont blindly follow Google. Some of these may turn out to be interior roads. You want to stick to the main NH648 till Hoskote. And the drive towards the STRR interchange and hop on to the STRR. If you can make it to Hoskote by 1830/1900 that would be good. Because there on its the main highway.

Route Link:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/k5Nv2XjBbM21grcNA

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 5779426)
Would a faster option will be NICE, Tumkur Road exit, enter the STRR to devnahalli from near Nelmangala. I'm also asking, not sure.

NICE may not be a good idea. This means he needs to come all the way to Electronic City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5779431)
Yes, this is a good route to reach Devanahalli from Hosur. The roads are good most of the way except the last bit nearing Hoskote. From Hosur to Malur is single lane and from there it is divided with truck traffic, but still it is much better than going through the city.

Dont know if it's good to go all the way to Malur or take the 648. Yes 648 is a winding road one can get lost driving along. How is the Malur section from Baglur? After the STRR intersection on this highway I remember the road was really bad. But one thing good is that it's a straight road. Also Malur-Hoskote is a 4-lane. If this is good, then I guess the Malur option is less confusing.

Route Link
https://maps.app.goo.gl/F3APTxiqx2U46R9R7

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5779447)

Dont know if it's good to go all the way to Malur or take the 648. Yes 648 is a winding road one can get lost driving along. How is the Malur section from Baglur? After the STRR intersection on this highway I remember the road was really bad. But one thing good is that it's a straight road. Also Malur-Hoskote is a 4-lane. If this is good, then I guess the Malur option is less confusing.

Route Link
https://maps.app.goo.gl/F3APTxiqx2U46R9R7

I am not aware of 648 road conditions, however I was on the Malur route few weeks ago and it is decent for most part. There are rough stretches here and there. The last couple of kms to Hoskote has some bad surface which will slow you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sairamboko (Post 5769113)
Hi - please find the gmaps link for the highway start - https://maps.app.goo.gl/sSpgx2vifgyej3Vk7?g_st=ic

If you follow the highway, at the end you will reach the Hosur ring road junction. Depending on your destination in Bangalore you may continue to Bagalur road or the Attibele toll. Considering the traffic , I would suggest Bagalur road or even the TVS factory way to skip Attibele .

Thanks a lot for the map locations. Helped me take this route on my return yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5779431)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5779447)
The route via Baglur good. But please sure dont blindly follow Google. Some of these may turn out to be interior roads. You want to stick to the main NH648 till Hoskote. And the drive towards the STRR interchange and hop on to the STRR. If you can make it to Hoskote by 1830/1900 that would be good. Because there on its the main highway.

Successfully bypassed Bangalore by following this route. When I drove some 5 months back, google had suggested this route but I was apprehensive. Will be again taking the same route on my return next week

Some more updates on the STRR development beyond Hoskote towards Hosur. Once done this section will be the best bypass from Hyderabad side (Devanahalli) to Hosur (actually beyond Hosur). Absolutely no sweat!

Please note: tag says Video unavailable. But the link works in Youtube. (it does not play within the forum)

https://youtu.be/WW9XTjdWkNU?si=w-_cHk9RqDlMaX1U

As per my thoughts: NE7 interchange to Hosur road interchange to NH844 interchange at Bairamangalam should be up by 2025. That itself should be a big game changer for many. With this section opening up along with 844 opening (Will surely happen by that time) should free up a lot of traffic, coming into Bangalore.

I have already witnessed the flyover construction on Hosur Road for the STRR. I have also read / seen videos at the Bairamangalam interchange for 844. At least these updates should close out soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5780208)
Some more updates on the STRR development beyond Hoskote towards Hosur. Once done this section will be the best bypass from Hyderabad side (Devanahalli) to Hosur (actually beyond Hosur). Absolutely no sweat!

Nice one. Any videos available on the KN/TN Border to Hosur Road Intersection? I could not find any yet.

Did not realize that the Hoskote- Hosur stretch crosses the railway line. Nothing seems to have started in that section. Hope that does not delay the project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 5780534)
Did not realize that the Hoskote- Hosur stretch crosses the railway line. Nothing seems to have started in that section. Hope that does not delay the project.

Thats the other problem. While going to Chennai on train, I sat on one side I could see the work. While returning I could not see. I was wondering how did I miss the place. Then seeing this video I realised they not closed on Land Acquisition.

This section is a joint venture operation (NE7 to KA-TN border). I am hoping post election results we should see this close fast.