Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-49.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 5624337)
Past Devanahalli towards Dodaballapura where alignment is same as earlier, its just a 4 lane road without any service road and hence no entry /exit logic.

Add to this, Doddaballapura itself is an industrial town with regular movement of trucks 24X7. Trucks travel to and from both Tumkur and Hyderabad side (at least). On last Friday when heading towards Tondebaavi, I wanted to get a sigh of relief to spot any work related to service lane entry or exits for STRR at the intersection of Doddaballapura road (near Manipal Hospital) but sadly the way it looks, it is just going to be one overbridge.

The other end where this road descends (towards Devanahalli) is soon after the industrial area ends.

A typical Ring road by definition should have had well designed entry and exits at the intersection of major roads getting into the city. But by the looks of it (at least for now), seems like such a plan is not on the anvil.

Hyderabad Ring road till date remains one of those projects superbly executed more than a decade back and the best example of how a ring road should be. Talk about foresightedness, it already had 4+4 lanes along with service roads back then with perfectly well planned entry and exits!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5623707)
As far as I know there are no exits planned on the SHs. I see Clover leaves planned only on NH intersections. Tumkur Road, Old Madras Road, Expressway (only STRR exit), Hosur Road, NH844, Kanakpura road, Mysore Expressway.

Let me correct myself. I went back and double checked. SH will have exits. Simple service lane styled exits. Only the NH will have clover leaf exits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5624120)
Since I took the STRR from Dabaspete to Doddaballapura in July, I am inclined to believe that the clover leaf kind of entry/exits at this junction may not happen anytime soon. If at all this is planned, it better be elsewhere and not at this junction.

Clover leaf is only for arterial roads. Since Doddaballapur is not a main NH (though it's an important 4-lane road) there is no clover leaf. What really baffles me is what happened at Hyderabad highway!

Quote:

NHAI widened the road that starts from Dabaspete to make way for STRR which otherwise was an extremely narrow path right after taking left at Dabaspete. The road which is currently done also has welcome signages at the very beginning of where 4 lane STRR beings at Dabaspete.
There is an arm on STRR which will go over the Tumkur and continue towards Hassan highway, while one arm will go below the Dobbaspet flyover. I think that's why no clover leaf planned here

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 5624337)
Clover leaf kind of proper exits from the Hoskote till Dodaballapura, its not present. Not sure what was the logic in having that only for old madras road.

However, that aside, the exits are present in plenty and are ill designed as Parag mentioned.

Thanks for pointing it out. I also stand corrected on the exits part. I think for clover leafs we are good. The only exception was the Hyderabad exit junction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5624436)
Clover leaf is only for arterial roads. Since Doddaballapur is not a main NH (though it's an important 4-lane road) there is no clover leaf. What really baffles me is what happened at Hyderabad highway!

Aware of that (Doddaballapura road being an SH). However, When I was mentioning about cloverleaf entry/exits, I was referring to Doddaballapura Dabaspete junction with Bangalore-Pune highway at Dabaspete:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5624120)
while it may not be a problem for cars or even trucks heading towards Doddaballapura from Dabaspete, for traffic in the opposite direction wanting to merge towards Tumkur from Doddaballapur, they will still need to take a right turn below NH48 under the overbridge.

Quote:

There is an arm on STRR which will go over the Tumkur and continue towards Hassan highway
Interestingly, this seems like a possibility since the arm is going over the Tumkur highway but
Quote:

while one arm will go below the Dobbaspet flyover.
this is certainly amusing because the current flyover is not that tall to accommodate an arm passing from below the flyover simply because there is no space to accommodate such an arrangement. However, let us hope they do execute it as per plan.

Also, when one passes by the under construction sites at these major junction, it is very evident to understand whether a service road type of a entry/exit is planned or a cloverleaf, Doddaballapur Road junction to STRR is certainly not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5624461)
Interestingly, this seems like a possibility since the arm is going over the Tumkur highway but this is certainly amusing because the current flyover is not that tall to accommodate an arm passing from below the flyover simply because there is no space to accommodate such an arrangement. However, let us hope they do execute it as per plan.

This will be the current NH207 which reaches the Dobbaspet junction below the Tumkur road flyover. This should be like an exit option from STRR at Dobbaspet. This will the current state as is stands today.

The STRR as such will deviate and then pass over the Tumkur Road beyond the current flyover (toward Tumkur)

Is STRR bypassing Chikka Tirupati village?

Is it passing directly towards Hosur via Mugalur in a straight-ish line from BCE exit?

I am assuming this since currenly NH-207 takes a detour sort of to touch Chikka Tirupathi before moving back towards Hoskote while coming from Hosur side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atnyia (Post 5625670)
Is STRR bypassing Chikka Tirupati village?

Is it passing directly towards Hosur via Mugalur in a straight-ish line from BCE exit?

I am assuming this since currenly NH-207 takes a detour sort of to touch Chikka Tirupathi before moving back towards Hoskote while coming from Hosur side.

I dont think the section towards Chikka Tirupati is constructed yet. GMaps only show the STRR merging with new Bangalore Chennai Expressway and nothing beyond that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 5625736)
I dont think the section towards Chikka Tirupati is constructed yet. GMaps only show the STRR merging with new Bangalore Chennai Expressway and nothing beyond that point.

My query is on the (re)alignment of NH207 wrt STRR.This portion is work in progress. But, I wanted to understand how it will look like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 5625736)

Its already on I guess. Google Satellite imaging is at least 1-2 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atnyia (Post 5625839)
My query is on the (re)alignment of NH207 wrt STRR.This portion is work in progress. But, I wanted to understand how it will look like.

There is a not an alignment but I think comes close to the NH207 (Actually crosses it before Chikka Tirupati) and then at Chikka Tirupati it cuts the 207 again before heading to the KA/TN border.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5624372)
Add to this, Doddaballapura itself is an industrial town with regular movement of trucks 24X7. Trucks travel to and from both Tumkur and Hyderabad side (at least). On last Friday when heading towards Tondebaavi, I wanted to get a sigh of relief to spot any work related to service lane entry or exits for STRR at the intersection of Doddaballapura road (near Manipal Hospital) but sadly the way it looks, it is just going to be one overbridge.

Fully agree! A few thoughts:

Doddaballapura Road is poised to grow exponentially with the completion of the STRR but also the overall Golahalli area with the Nelamangala - Rajanukunte - SMVIT Road - KIAL Expressway.

In addition, the greenfield Pune Bangalore Expressway is also supposed to terminate at Hulikunte on the STRR! I am sure North BLR folks will be cribbing at these ill-planned interchanges very very soon.

NHAI and GoKA should have planned well ahead for a 10-15 year timeline rather than short-term traffic projections.
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/98741261.cms

https://themetrorailguy.com/nhai-pun...status-update/

On the Indian Railways front, Chikkabanavara Railway Station is also potentially projected to become the Western terminus instead of Yeshwanthpur, and Golahalli is directly connected to it too.
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/76203663.cms
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/92289019.cms (semi-clickbait though)

Dig some digging around. STRR does not seem to go through Chikkar Tirupati. It would basically cut the road which connects Chikka Tirupati to Malur road.

On Bypassing Bangalore-strr_tbhp1.jpg

One can clearly see how far the earthwork has come through. It has come even beyond Hosur Road ! Also note how nicely the NH844 has come along!

I am planning to return to Hyderabad on Wednesday or Thursday from Doddakanelli, Bangalore. As I plan to start before 6 AM, do you guys suggest I take the traditional route via Marathahalli, KR Puram and Hebbal, or the STRR to merge at Devanahalli?

In case you suggest the latter (I took that on my onward trip last week), where exactly do I turn off from the Chitoor highway, and how do i know where to turn right from the STRR to merge with the Hyderabad highway near Nandi Upachar? For my onward trip, I had helpful photos posted by members on the Hyd-Blr thread. But I don't know that route well enough in the reverse direction. My Garmin device had a 'reverse route' function, but alas Google maps does not have it. I no longer have the Garmin device.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 5626922)
I am planning to return to Hyderabad on Wednesday or Thursday from Doddakanelli, Bangalore. As I plan to start before 6 AM, do you guys suggest I take the traditional route via Marathahalli, KR Puram and Hebbal, or the STRR to merge at Devanahalli?

Neither! I would say just go through the city. Sarjapur Road - Koramangala - Hosur Road - Cubbon Park - Hebbal - Devanahalli.

ROB on Doddaballapura-Dabaspete section is now open:
Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5597378)
I am glad to report that Dabaspete Doddaballapura 4 lane work is nearly complete and this also includes the ROB and new Doddaballapura bypass. However, both of these await formal inauguration though by the looks of it, it is evident that all the work has completed here.

You can see the ROB is ready, with only an official ribbon cutting pending:

The ROB on Doddaballapura Dabaspete section of STRR is now open for traffic. Though the bridge is ready for both directions, 2 way traffic is allowed only on the Dabaspete bound carriageway.

The opening of ROB brings a huge relief now with apprehension of losing time when one would get stuck at the railway gate earlier.

Couple of updates on STRR from assorted drives during this week:

Devanahalli - Doddaballapura:

Doddaballapura - Dabaspete:

Dabaspete Gudemaranahalli(Solur):

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5639338)
Dabaspete Gudemaranahalli(Solur):
  • Zero signs of any work here though the road conditions are definitely better than before
  • Roads get better after Shivagange but infested with way too many speedbreakers on frequent basis, traffic though is very thin

This entire section and further till Ramnagar has no work yet. In fact I would say nothing has happened even till Bannergatta. This is what worries me.

I have seen work happening in different paces all the way from Hoskote expressway exit till the KA-TN border near Anekal. I am sure this will get done in good time.