Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-46.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5570621)
I wanted to see what happened to Hosur-Bannerghatta-Kanakpura-Ramnagar-Magadi-Dobbaspet.

From what I understand only part of that has seen any progress.

The section past Hoskote till just before Malur (till the start of new Eway to Chennai) is getting done now.

From this section to Sarjapura / TN border is what is being mentioned as in tendering phase in different news article.

Past that to Hosur and further, I am don't think it has even reached the tending phase.

Ideally, it would have been great if the Malur Eway start to Hosur section was done before the EWay opens. But don't think its going to happen.

Excellent news on the STRR front:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-11001991.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5589794)
Excellent news on the STRR front:

It's good by all means, but do note it's still a long way off. What they have completed is only the northern half. (Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hoskote).

The more critical and the longer Southern half is still in the works. As far as I know, the Chennai Expressway Exit to KA/TN Border : Earth moving was on going.

KA/TN Border - Hosur Road Crossing - Belagondapalli : Earth works on going.

The Belagondapalli-Anekal-Bannergatta-Kanakpura-Ramanagar-Magadi section is under lot of scrutiny as its total Greenfield. Both Bannerghatta Wild Life Section and the Savandurga range section (Ramnagar-Magadi) will need to be seen.

Magadi-Guddemaranahalli-Dobbaspet has already a beautiful wide 2-lane road, which I think would be expanded in an around for the STRR.

EDIT: Another interesting point would be to note how the STRR cuts the Bangalore Mysore Expressway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5590254)
It's good by all means, but do note it's still a long way off. What they have completed is only the northern half. (Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hoskote).

The more critical and the longer Southern half is still in the works.

Well, for me and other north & west Bangaloreans, the northern part is crucial as it can significantly decongest Tumkur Road and associated ORRs, Hebbal, and KIAL Expressway :)

Folks,

1. Where does STRR touch Hoskote?
2. Where does the proposed Bangalore-Chennai greenfield expressway touch Hoskote area?

I see one bridge under construction across Hoskote-Kolar road, but not sure if it's STRR or BLR-MAS expressway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5590254)

The more critical and the longer Southern half is still in the works. As far as I know, the Chennai Expressway Exit to KA/TN Border : Earth moving was on going.

KA/TN Border - Hosur Road Crossing - Belagondapalli : Earth works on going.

Is there a detailed alignment map? Been looking for the exact alignment between Hoskote and Hosur Road. The online images are a little generic and not able to make out the actual alignment in detail. Like the exact point it crosses Hosur Road and where it passes relative to Sarjapur.

As you said, the southern loop is critical. The northern ring atleast currently still has the NICE road. All the south bound truck traffic takes the Attibelle-Sarjapur -Whitefied-Hoskote route which is simply not capable of taking truck traffic anymore.

Getting the Hoskote -Hosur link done will greatly decongest the Attibelle Sarjapur Whitefield Hoskote route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5590270)
Well, for me and other north & west Bangaloreans, the northern part is crucial as it can significantly decongest Tumkur Road and associated ORRs, Hebbal, and KIAL Expressway :)

Absolutely! No doubts on that. But more importantly the other mess which needs to be cleared out is the traffic hoarding up at Electronic city and all trying to get to NICE road. Thats one of the biggest bottlenecks. With STRR that should go away. Forget Bangalore, trucks wont even need to enter Hosur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 5590304)
Folks,

1. Where does STRR touch Hoskote?
2. Where does the proposed Bangalore-Chennai greenfield expressway touch Hoskote area?

I see one bridge under construction across Hoskote-Kolar road, but not sure if it's STRR or BLR-MAS expressway.

STRR intersects at the very point where the Chennai expressway interchange is coming up. The old NH207 meets right inside Hoskote and goes below the Old Madras Road. That has been re-aligned now. Turn on satellite mode in Google maps and you will see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 5590319)
Is there a detailed alignment map? Been looking for the exact alignment between Hoskote and Hosur Road. The online images are a little generic and not able to make out the actual alignment in detail. Like the exact point it crosses Hosur Road and where it passes relative to Sarjapur.

The map exists. Will try to dig up. Also note the southern section has alignment not just on NH7 but also on to old Dharmapuri highway (New NH844).

Quote:

As you said, the southern loop is critical. The northern ring atleast currently still has the NICE road. All the south bound truck traffic takes the Attibelle-Sarjapur -Whitefied-Hoskote route which is simply not capable of taking truck traffic anymore.
Norther ring is not NICE but the old NH207. And yes that road also exists. But am not so sure how heavy is the commercial usage on that section. It definitely would help decongest traffic for people coming from Tumkur and heading to Hyderabad / Hoskote.

As regards to NICE road, the idea is to actually not load it with commercial traffic. That's where the southern half of STRR comes in.

Latest update on the Dabaspete Doddaballapura Road:

Took this route while returning back from MH on July 23rd only because I wanted to check the progress and also for a fact that it was a Sunday evening and I wanted to reach home (Yelahanka) peacefully by avoiding all the weekenders on Dabaspete Nelamangala Yeshwantpura stretch.

I am glad to report that Dabaspete Doddaballapura 4 lane work is nearly complete and this also includes the ROB and new Doddaballapura bypass. However, both of these await formal inauguration though by the looks of it, it is evident that all the work has completed here.

Here are few images from my dashcam:

The signage indicating the purpose of this road, seen at Dabaspete:
On Bypassing Bangalore-vlcsnap2023080309h51m52s569.png

The completed sections are marked and ready:
On Bypassing Bangalore-vlcsnap2023080309h54m05s714.png

You can see the ROB is ready, with only an official ribbon cutting pending:
On Bypassing Bangalore-vlcsnap2023080309h54m37s987.png

When you get on to the other side after crossing the railway track, this hints that the ROB is fully ready:
On Bypassing Bangalore-vlcsnap2023080309h55m47s919.png

The beginning of Doddaballapura bypass, as seen from Dabaspete side:
On Bypassing Bangalore-vlcsnap2023080309h57m01s899.png

It is a matter of few weeks or a month before we will have someone report that ROB and the bypass for Doddaballapura is also functional. However, I see quite some work pending where the 4 lane road is cutting across Yelahanka Doddaballapura road. So if not for the bypass, the ROB for sure will open first.

In terms of time taken for me on a Sunday evening to reach Yelahanka:

Exit from NH48: 18:19
Exit to old road before Doddaballapura: 18:47
Yelahanka home: 19:30

This is around 1 hour and 10 minutes on a Sunday evening and quite some tailing traffic to Doddaballapura and crossing the town.

Once the ROB and the Doddaballapura bypass is open, it will without doubts save an easy 15+ minutes. On a Sunday evening crossing Doddaballapura can be irritating due to lot of local traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5597378)
Latest update on the Dabaspete Doddaballapura Road:

I am glad to report that Dabaspete Doddaballapura 4 lane work is nearly complete and this also includes the ROB and new Doddaballapura bypass. However, both of these await formal inauguration though by the looks of it, it is evident that all the work has completed here.

Many thanks for the update sir.. I was on the same route on 23rd July and I was in two minds and eventually stuck to Nelamangala. That was a terrible decision. To know that Dabaspete road is complete is a great relief for people from North Bengaluru. I think it will be quicker even compared to Doddaballapura -> Madhugiri -> Sira route as well. What is your view on this sir?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixersiddu (Post 5597531)
I think it will be quicker even compared to Doddaballapura -> Madhugiri -> Sira route as well. What is your view on this sir?

I had updated about this route here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5002272)
For instance, in Dec, on a Sunday evening, I exited this highway at Sira itself and then reached home (North Bangalore) via Madhugiri Tondebaavi Doddaballapura in under 1 hour and 45 minutes and same distance (120 Km). I exited the NH around 7PM on a Sunday evening and it was such a peaceful drive all the way home.

The Madhugiri route is also a good option but post 7pm it becomes isolated, especially after you exit the SH towards Alipura and join Tondebhaavi.

As of today, if you can live with the mess at Khyatasandra Junction at Tumkur due to ongoing work, Dabaspete Doddaballapura is a good choice.

Latest update on the Doddaballapura Devanahalli Road:

Did a casual drive to Penukonda on yesterday and took the Doddaballapura Devanahalli route to hit the Hyderabad highway and happy to report that this section (Doddaballapura - Devanahalli) of SPRR has made phenomenal progress and nearly complete now.
The functional overbridge of SPRR cutting across Hyderabad Bangalore highway, as soon from Nandi Cross side:
On Bypassing Bangalore-20230805_165135.jpg
Doddaballapura industrial area to Devanahalli section is now 100% complete:
On Bypassing Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20230805-19.14.58.jpeg

Parag - any idea what's with that 30kmph limit ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 5599298)
Parag - any idea what's with that 30kmph limit ?

As I have mentioned, this image was taken when driving on Hyderabad Bangalore highway towards Bangalore. This is where the SPRR intersects with Hyderabad Bangalore highway and as of now you do not have have interchanges here either to merge or exit. There is also a break in the median and speed breakers on the Hyderabad Bangalore road as you are closing in below the flyover because there is traffic moving across in all directions here.

Hence the 30 kph signage here is merely a warning to slow down since you are approaching a busy intersection.

I also feel that this 30 kph signage was in place when road work was going on while placing of the interlocking blocks of SPRR and warn the motorists of potential danger due to narrow road and diversion and this hasn't been removed after that.

The crucial Wildlife Board approval came through for the southern STRR running through Bannerghatta NP. Hopefully things will start cracking now!

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...proval-2656979

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5610166)
The crucial Wildlife Board approval came through for the southern STRR running through Bannerghatta NP. Hopefully things will start cracking now!

This is much needed. I just hope this part of the development really happens fast. Even the Ramnagar-Magadi section is sensitive as it goes past the Savandurga range. Once done, then it would a real bliss to bypass Bangalore from any direction!