Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5666134)
Did this stretch yesterday. From Dobbaspet to Doddanekundi.
From Dobbaspet (start of STRR - 3.27 pm) to Hoskote exit (end of STRR - 4.42 pm) 75 minutes for 78 kms., 20 more than you, probably because of the timing and the ensuing traffic. This took me through DbPur town with heavy commercial and school traffic at that time.

From Hoskote exit to Doddanekundi - about 25 kms - took 50 minutes.:crying

But, yes, definitely better than meandering through Nelamangala - Goreguntepalya - ORR stretch.

The completed roads are superb and hope the rest of the project is completed soon.

Thanks for sharing!

From your update, it appears that the Doddaballapur bypass is still under construction. What is the status of work between Dabaspet and Doddaballapur? Is it all done end to end?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selective (Post 5666145)
Thanks for sharing!

From your update, it appears that the Doddaballapur bypass is still under construction. What is the status of work between Dabaspet and Doddaballapur? Is it all done end to end?

DbPur by pass is still WIP for several stretches. So one has to pass through DbPur town before connecting back to STRR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5666351)
DbPur by pass is still WIP for several stretches. So one has to pass through DbPur town before connecting back to STRR.

And what is the status between Dabaspet and Doddaballapur? The road work is complete?

Not great news. 3 tenders of the STTR between Hosur Road and Magadi Road have been cancelled.

https://twitter.com/IndexKarnataka/s...aCm-DcpCQ&s=08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selective (Post 5666363)
And what is the status between Dabaspet and Doddaballapur? The road work is complete?

Diversions on and off, but manageable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5666134)
Did this stretch yesterday. From Dobbaspet to Doddanekundi.
From Dobbaspet (start of STRR - 3.27 pm) to Hoskote exit (end of STRR - 4.42 pm) 75 minutes for 78 kms., 20 more than you, probably because of the timing and the ensuing traffic. This took me through DbPur town with heavy commercial and school traffic at that time.

From Hoskote exit to Doddanekundi - about 25 kms - took 50 minutes.:crying

But, yes, definitely better than meandering through Nelamangala - Goreguntepalya - ORR stretch.

The completed roads are superb and hope the rest of the project is completed soon.

It's what I call a "hedged" route : sometimes it might take a bit more time than through the city but it won't take more than a fixed amount of time; and not to mention the free flowing traffic. What's your calculation on how much time it would have been through ORR (just for us all to cross check ) / how much time did Google show for the ORR route when you branched off at Dobbespet?

Also, can you share what route you took from Hoskote to Doddanekkundi ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 5666437)
Not great news. 3 tenders of the STTR between Hosur Road and Magadi Road have been cancelled.

Yes it's been in the news for some time. Basically all tenders from KA border at Bannerghatta to Dobbaspet are all canceled.

If you Dobbaspet-Magadi is more a conversion of a wide 2-lane to a 4/6 lane with additional interchanges.

Its only Magadi-Ramangar-Kanakpura and beyond which requires the action to close. Not sure when it's going to happen. Am sure Hoskote (KA/TN Border) to Hosur - Bannergatta would be done. It's the last quadrant which I worry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airguitar (Post 5666506)
It's what I call a "hedged" route : sometimes it might take a bit more time than through the city but it won't take more than a fixed amount of time; and not to mention the free flowing traffic. What's your calculation on how much time it would have been through ORR (just for us all to cross check ) / how much time did Google show for the ORR route when you branched off at Dobbespet?

Also, can you share what route you took from Hoskote to Doddanekkundi ?

Free flowing traffic, certainly. And that takes lot of stress out of the picture. At that point the Google route through ORR showed 1 hour 45 minutes to destination. But, you know how Google fine tunes the time depending on the traffic as we keep driving. My past experiences through this route has always been that the actual time exceeds the original time by more than 1 - 2 hours. So STRR becomes the default route for me going forward. Hopefully it should only get better.

From Hoskote toll I took the Kadugodi, Hope farm route to destination. Hope farm signal was a big pain point that caused the delay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5666587)
Free flowing traffic, So STRR becomes the default route for me going forward. Hopefully it should only get better.

Good to hear, once the remaining stretches open it will be way better and also, when you use it on a Sunday evening when returning from North of Tumkur - you will see the benefits even more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5666587)
From Hoskote toll I took the Kadugodi, Hope farm route to destination. Hope farm signal was a big pain point that caused the delay.

You can avoid Hopefarm completely by diverting just after Kadugodi bridge : like so : https://maps.app.goo.gl/39fk5LxpfyEQ288F8

Separately, here's a stress-free route (for most parts) from STRR exit to Doddanekkundi : https://maps.app.goo.gl/CCxs8Qz1cqmBJGDQ9 : I wouldn't say it takes the least time always ( especially as it has a railway crossing ), but free flowing village roads for much parts. Some waypoints are forced on the map so as to get the exact route I take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 5666437)

https://twitter.com/IndexKarnataka/s...aCm-DcpCQ&s=08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5666577)
Its only Magadi-Ramangar-Kanakpura and beyond which requires the action to close. Not sure when it's going to happen. Am sure Hoskote (KA/TN Border) to Hosur - Bannergatta would be done. It's the last quadrant which I worry.

Terrible news! That entire belt is undergoing significant commercialization and industrialization (not all good of course), but it begs for better infrastructure. Luckily, the Dabaspete - Devanahalli - Hoskote sectors are nearly done, and will hopefully take away substantial traffic plying between Tumkur / Nelamangala, Devanahalli and Hoskote highways.

Add to this, the BLR-Chennai Expressway will also and will dump huge numbers of vehicles onto the Hoskote area. In addition, the proposed flyover between KR Puram and Kolathur could seriously mess up traffic between Hoskote and Tin Factory for the next couple of years.

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...lyover-2780124

Not looking good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5666731)
Add to this, the BLR-Chennai Expressway will also and will dump huge numbers of vehicles onto the Hoskote area. In addition, the proposed flyover between KR Puram and Kolathur could seriously mess up traffic between Hoskote and Tin Factory for the next couple of years.

At least for south bangalore folks, an alternate option to access the expressway would be via the new STRR from Malur exit.

A short video of my drive on STRR from Dobbaspet to Hoskote.

https://youtu.be/C7NM3_Ut_YE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5667528)

How is the connection from Dodballapura side of the NH 648 to the newer STRR side ? I remember seeing an unfinished railway overbridge, so I’m guessing you have to pass via a village road and merge onto STRR?

Also, when you exited the STRR, I think you took the first right following the Hoskote signage. This will take you into the industrial area and the road is pathetic. Instead you can continue straight on the service road following the Chintamani signage and then take a right turn onto the much better Chintamani-Malur road which will get you back to the same junction on Old Madras Road (adds about 2-3km but worth it). Even while entering STRR from Hoskote side you can avoid the left onto the industrial area and continue straight to merge onto STRR.

Eventually, once the clover leaf ramps are ready at Kolathur junction of Old Madras road we can take that unless someone is actually heading into Hoskote town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 5667546)
How is the connection from Dodballapura side of the NH 648 to the newer STRR side ? I remember seeing an unfinished railway overbridge, so I’m guessing you have to pass via a village road and merge onto STRR?

Yes you are right. Have to pass via a village road.

Quote:

Also, when you exited the STRR, I think you took the first right following the Hoskote signage. This will take you into the industrial area and the road is pathetic. Instead you can continue straight on the service road following the Chintamani signage and then take a right turn onto the much better Chintamani-Malur road which will get you back to the same junction on Old Madras Road (adds about 2-3km but worth it).
Actually, this wisdom dawned on me after I took the first right, when I noticed the pathetic road conditions. You are now confirming the same. Thanks.

Quote:

Even while entering STRR from Hoskote side you can avoid the left onto the industrial area and continue straight to merge onto STRR.
Yeah this seems to be the case. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5667528)

https://youtu.be/C7NM3_Ut_YE

Cool. Instead of the exit you took at Hoskote, you could continue on the service lane a bit more (your video shows the arrow to Chintamani, continue in that direction), join the Chintamani road and then turn to Hoskote. You get vastly better stretches of road + also a decent restaurant ( Shree Shala ). May be half a kilometer more, but worth it.