Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-45.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydtraveller (Post 5547832)
Thanks goandude, but is it faster as i have to negotiate Bangalore traffic?

Mysore e-way is the fastest route now, there is no two ways about it. Hence your best option would be Hebbal - Goragunteplaya - ORR - Mysore e-way. If you hit hebbal before 8.30 am or after 11 am, then you will not have a lot of city traffic to deal with. Anytime inbetween, and you might be stuck for a 4-5 min at Hebbal, Yeshwanpur junction and maybe a couple of other signals.
You dont need to take NICE road from Yeshwanpur/Goragunteplaya junction as the ORR to mysore road is always fast moving traffic and you can easily hit Mysore road and drive through to the e-way start point.

There is another option, which could be faster, but chances of you getting lost are higher. Hebbal - Goragunteplaya - ORR - Kengeri satellite town - Mysore e-way.

Take your pick depending on traffic situation.

OT: I do hope you are aware that people are taking 2x-3x the time to get to Ooty from Bandipur, because of traffic snarls and mega trafffic jams. I have heard reports of people crawling up kalhatty in 1st-2ng gear in stop and go traffic. I hope you are travelling on a weekday. Please talk to your hotel/resort/homestay folks and get to know the reality on the ground.
Some posts for your reference post 1, post 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 5547860)
Mysore e-way is the fastest route now, there is no two ways about it. Hence your best option would be Hebbal - Goragunteplaya - ORR - Mysore e-way. If you hit hebbal before 8.30 am or after 11 am, then you will not have a lot of city traffic to deal with. Anytime inbetween, and you might be stuck for a 4-5 min at Hebbal, Yeshwanpur junction and maybe a couple of other signals.
You dont need to take NICE road from Yeshwanpur/Goragunteplaya junction as the ORR to mysore road is always fast moving traffic and you can easily hit Mysore road and drive through to the e-way start point.

There is another option, which could be faster, but chances of you getting lost are higher. Hebbal - Goragunteplaya - ORR - Kengeri satellite town - Mysore e-way.

Take your pick depending on traffic situation.

OT: I do hope you are aware that people are taking 2x-3x the time to get to Ooty from Bandipur, because of traffic snarls and mega trafffic jams. I have heard reports of people crawling up kalhatty in 1st-2ng gear in stop and go traffic. I hope you are travelling on a weekday. Please talk to your hotel/resort/homestay folks and get to know the reality on the ground.
Some posts for your reference post 1, post 2

Many thanks procrj, for your detailed post on the route from Hebbel to Mysore e-way. Have been taking the Mangalore Highway from Nandi X for the last 2 years to avoid the city traffic. Will go via the City on Wednesday as advised by you.
As it is going to be a week day don't think I will find traffic issues on the Bandipur - Ooty route. It will be a little hectic as summer rush will be there but can't do much about it.
Once i'm in the hills it will be home and I normally avoid Ooty town even during off season.
Thanks again for your detailed post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydtraveller (Post 5547832)
Thanks goandude, but is it faster as i have to negotiate Bangalore traffic?

Taking the NICE road avoids the fabulous traffic of Bangalore :)

Travelled from Hyderabad to Coonoor on 18th May. Entered Bangalore city and took the ORR from Hebbal and joined the Mysore e way as suggested by procrj. It was around 12 noon and it took 55 minutes from Hebbal to Mysore e way. Took 1hr 10 mts to reach Manipal Hospital junction.

Update on Gollahalli-Nelamangala (of Doddaballapura-Nelamangala section):

Drove from Yelahanka to NH75 for dinner yesterday and returned back taking the Hesarghatta Gollahalli Nelamangala route for onward and return journeys.

It was quite a few months since I drove on this route to reach Nelamangala from Yelahanka. However a neighbor friend works out of Nelamangala factory and it is his daily route that recently he had told me about better conditions on the 6 km stretch between Gollahalli and Nelamangala (which is part of Nelamangala Doddaballapura expansion project).

Since I left home at 7pm, I was ready to experiment instead of getting stuck at Peenya/Jalahalli/8th Mile junction. The road till Gollahalli from Yelahanka via Hesarghatta was perfect and spotless.

Soon after you get out of the railway underpass at Gollahalli, you normally turn left towards Nelamangala bypassing Gollahalli town. However, I could notice a lot of vehicles turning right and I chose to do that as well.

800 meters of road passing Gollahalli town is in real bad shape. Large potholes, no hint of roads, construction of ROB at snail's pace.

Right after you cross Gollahalli town, the road surface improves and mostly remains 4 lane with a median with one or two small diversions to the opposite side. In summary, the 4-5 km stretch connecting Gollahalli and Nelamangala is nearly complete and I didn't even realise when I reached the Railway underpass at Nelamangala town.

In summary, except for 800m stretch which is bad (and diversion into Gollahalli town in place), this route is almost ready or even if not, it is a lot better now to directly reach Nelamangala from Yelahanka/Vidyaranyapura side.

Those who are coming from Hyderabad side can do Devanahalli Doddaballapura Yelahanka (CRPF) Hesarghatta Golahalli Nelamangala with 100% clean roads (except 800m).

The other alternate is of course Devanahalli Doddaballapura Madhure Golahalli Nelamangala but in this, there are more sections that are work in progress.

On Bypassing Bangalore-untitled.jpg

Since the road conditions were good during onward, we decided to take the same while returning also and both times, it took exactly 50 minutes from Nelamangala to Yelahanka (CRPF) which is definitely an efficient time with peaceful traffic.

Status on Bangalore Tavarekere Magadi expansion work:
Had to drive to Belur and Chikmagalur and back on yesterday but from Electronics City. Since it was 10am, I didn't want to exit NICE at Tumkur road and instead chose to exit NICE at Magadi Road as it was quite some time I drove on this stretch.

The expansion work is progressing at snail's pace and am sure this will take at least 2 more years. A lot of sections where work hasn't even started.

Multiple diversions, almost all are unmarked but the diverted sections aren't pothole filled. You can continue in 60s/70s without any issues.

Traffic was sparse but somehow the progress when driving to reach Magadi felt slow. Magadi to Gudemaranahalli (before Solur) was fantastic as usual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5568594)
Traffic was sparse but somehow the progress when driving to reach Magadi felt slow. Magadi to Gudemaranahalli (before Solur) was fantastic as usual.

Any signs of 4-laning on this section (basically STRR update). Looks like not. The Hosur-Dobbaspet side of STRR is not even opened up for any work I guess.

I know work has started south of Hoskote towards the KA/TN border. And it's pretty much nothing beyond that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5569576)
Any signs of 4-laning on this section (basically STRR update). Looks like not.

Magadi Gudemaranahalli remains the same with no signs of expansion.

Quote:

The Hosur-Dobbaspet side of STRR is not even opened up for any work I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5569745)
  • Devanahalli - Doddaballapura - 4 lane work is at least 50-60% complete
  • Work in progress for Devanahalli bypass
  • Doddaballapura bypass too is work in progress
  • Doddaballapura Dabaspet 4 lane more than 70% complete with work around ROB still in progress

To add...

Devanhalli - Hoskote 4 lane work is also 60% complete.

Devanhalli to (near) Sulibele is already open.

The Strech from near Sulibele to Old Madras Road is work in progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnaps (Post 5569829)
To add...

Thank you adnaps. I haven't driven that side since a while now but this is indeed good news on the progress of this section. Many year back I once dropped my folks at KIAL and then drove to my workplace (EC) taking the Devanahalli Attibele road.

Since ampere asked status on Hosur Dabaspete, I assumed he meant Hosur Hosakote Devanahalli Dabaspete rather than Hosur Kanakpura Magadi Solur Dabapete :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnaps (Post 5569829)
To add...

Devanhalli - Hoskote 4 lane work is also 60% complete.

Devanhalli to (near) Sulibele is already open.

The Strech from near Sulibele to Old Madras Road is work in progress.

As you mentioned Sullibele to Hoskote is quite bad especially when it rains and driving in the night difficult to spot the road in some of the areas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5570179)
Thank you adnaps. I haven't driven that side since a while now but this is indeed good news on the progress of this section. Many year back I once dropped my folks at KIAL and then drove to my workplace (EC) taking the Devanahalli Attibele road.

Since ampere asked status on Hosur Dabaspete, I assumed he meant Hosur Hosakote Devanahalli Dabaspete rather than Hosur Kanakpura Magadi Solur Dabapete :)

No Parag, I actually asked about the missing quarter. The NH207 section part is well known.

I wanted to see what happened to Hosur-Bannerghatta-Kanakpura-Ramnagar-Magadi-Dobbaspet.

Last I heard projects were awarded to companies for implementation. But have not seen any more updates other than that. Quiet some of this will be a green-field sections.

Traveling from Anantpur to Salem, Google Maps suggests going through the city.
I should be passing Devanahalli around 3pm. Are there any alternate routes that can be faster?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 5576167)
Traveling from Anantpur to Salem, Google Maps suggests going through the city.
I should be passing Devanahalli around 3pm. Are there any alternate routes that can be faster?

From Chikkabalapur -Sidlagatta - Hoskote - Malur - Hosur will be the best bet .
You might encounter some traffic at Malur town otherwise should be good drive

Travelled last weekend to Trichur and back.

Update on Bypassing Banglore from Hyderabad side towards Hosur

Chikkaballapur to Sidlaghatta dual lane good roads through out.

Sidlaghatta to Jangamakote cross. Single road but in good condition

Jangamkote cross to Esthur hosahalli average with pot holes for about 5 kms.

Esthur hosahalli to Hoskote Single road but in good condition. While crossing the Hoskote town could make out the well lit 4 lane highway from Dobbaspet and Devanahalli is almost nearing completion.

Hoskote to Malur four laned road but lots of potholes and road work is going on.

Malur to Hosur dual lane road in good condition.