Team-BHP - On Bypassing Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   On Bypassing Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/84040-bypassing-bangalore-40.html)

Last week, I took Whitefield - Chikka Tirupati - Bagalur - Hosur route in both the directions and I could exit/enter Bangalore comfortably without the headache of crossing Attibele - Electronics City - Silk Board. The road is in good condition through out barring few small sections of rough patches. The traffic is little dense near Whitefield-NH207 turnoff, Bagalur town and at the Hosur-NH44 junction. Otherwise, it was easy to maintain good speed and it was easy to navigate even in the dark. I didnt have to take any internal roads, just stuck to the main roads.

One car in our group took Sarjapur - Attibele route and it was a pain it seems. The road is in extremely bad condition with heavy traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mankuthimma (Post 5194700)
Last week, I took Whitefield - Chikka Tirupati - Bagalur - Hosur route in both the directions and I could exit/enter Bangalore comfortably without the headache of crossing Attibele - Electronics City - Silk Board. The road is in good condition through out barring few small sections of rough patches. The traffic is little dense near Whitefield-NH207 turnoff, Bagalur town and at the Hosur-NH44 junction. Otherwise, it was easy to maintain good speed and it was easy to navigate even in the dark. I didnt have to take any internal roads, just stuck to the main roads.

One car in our group took Sarjapur - Attibele route and it was a pain it seems. The road is in extremely bad condition with heavy traffic.

Thats correct. I took the attibele -sarjapur - varthur road while coming back from kochi to bangalore on 13th nov and road ws in pathetic state.

Could you please share the routemap of Hosur- bagalur- chikka tirupati- whitefield? I would like to try this route next time.
I found the below in Gmaps..

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshiqueS (Post 5209216)
Could you please share the routemap of Hosur- bagalur- chikka tirupati- whitefield? I would like to try this route next time.
I found the below in Gmaps..

Yes, this is the exact route and we can safely follow gmaps navigation. Just add the way points as Bagalur and Chikka Tirupati, lets say, when you are near Shoolagiri, then gmap will show the right exit to take from NH44 to enter this route.
The entire route is on state highway except for a small section. If you zoom in, you can see there is a small section of narrow road which connects Bagalur main road to Chikka Tirupati road. The entry to this road passes in front of few houses, but nothing to alarm, the road further is in good condition. There is no need to take any other interior roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mankuthimma (Post 5209344)
Just add the way points as Bagalur and Chikka Tirupati, lets say, when you are near Shoolagiri, then gmap will show the right exit to take from NH44 to enter this route.

There is a left turn from Bagalur to Sarjapur, which is an NH.

There was some work on the roads in this section 4-5 months back, but as per updates in this thread the works got completed.

From Sarjapur, one can go towards Varthur to get to Whitefield, ITPL etc.

Is there any specific reason or advantage in avoiding this and going through Chikka Tirupati?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisan (Post 5209379)
There is a left turn from Bagalur to Sarjapur, which is an NH.

From Sarjapur, one can go towards Varthur to get to Whitefield, ITPL etc.

Is there any specific reason or advantage in avoiding this and going through Chikka Tirupati?

Sarjapur to Varthur road is also not in good shape is what I heard last month. If one is coming from Attibele, you will hit this road and entire stretch from Attibele - Sarjarpur - Varthur is considered bad. Varthur road is also always traffic heavy. So you can avoid these bad stretches by continuing straight on Bagalur road and turn off towards Chikka Tirupati.
However, if you want to stick to NH itself, then Bagalur - Sarjapur - Mugalur - Chikka Tirupati itself makes up for a good drive, but takes bit more time.
There is also a route via Nallur to reach Sarjapur without hitting Bagalur, but again, one needs to choose between Varthur or Chikka Tirupati to reach Whitefield from Sarjapur. Overall, I felt Hosur - Bagalur - Chikka Tirupati is a better route among various options available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mankuthimma (Post 5209394)
Sarjapur to Varthur road is also not in good shape is what I heard last month. If one is coming from Attibele, you will hit this road and entire stretch from Attibele - Sarjarpur - Varthur is considered bad. Varthur road is also always traffic heavy..

Sarjapur -varthur stretch has been dug up by bwssb and road is in terrible state.
Add to that the traffic in varthur town.

Can someone help/suggest if there is a better way to reach ecity Nice entry when returning from Tirupati? It takes a very long time via the KRbPuram/ORR/HSR/SilkBoard/Ecity Nice Road, especially because I touch KRPuram around 5pm.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 5260824)
Can someone help/suggest if there is a better way to reach ecity Nice entry when returning from Tirupati? It takes a very long time via the KRbPuram/ORR/HSR/SilkBoard/Ecity Nice Road, especially because I touch KRPuram around 5pm.

Thanks.

If the need is to go to Tumkur Road, I think NICE may not be even be needed. We can do Hoskote-Devenahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet.

Question is when you need to action other exits of NICE especially Mysore Road. In that case its not easy. Either way (coming from Hosur side or Silk-board side) you will face challenge reaching either points. Taking the Hosur side option is a big roundabout. So you are left with only city side option. And that is either ORR or Indiranagar/Koramanagala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 5260824)

Thanks.

If the destination is Tumakuru, then as ampere mentioned, need not come to Bengaluru at all, go via Dobbaspete.

If your destination is Mysore road etc and want to take NICE road and if you don't mind additional kms, you can try out these two -

1. Tirupati - Kolar bypass - Bangarpete (bonus - try awesome Bangarpete chats, can give the exact location if required :)) - Hosur - ECity - 280kms

2. Tirupati - Vellore - Vaniyambadi - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Ecity - 300kms

Regular route is 262 kms and showing 4hr 50 mins now, but it will easily add another 1 hr at least during the evenings (I took this last week). In my view it is worth trying out any of the routes above.

KK

Thank you Ampere and Kk_Hakunamatata.

The destination is Kanakpura Main Road.

The Bangarpet - Hosur thought looks good. I’ll give this a try next time. I’m hoping roads are good, my ride will be a low slung A6.

Did Coimbatore to Bangalore (Hope Farm/Whitefield) today via Hosur-Bagalur-Chikka Tirupathi-Hope Farm. Road quality was good throughout except 300 metres after entering KA checkpost. The road from Bagalur to Chikka Tirupathi is a narrow road & passes through a village (Pradan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana), but good turf quality again.

I found this much better than the Varthur-Sarjapur-Attibele in terms of both traffic & road quality.

This is what I had entered in GMaps. Make sure to enter Bagalur, Tamil Nadu there's another one near Kempegowda International Airport.

Thanks for the suggestions in previous posts, entering Bangalore felt like a breeze for a change. It also could have been the time of entry to Hosur, 1 pm on a Sunday.

On Bypassing Bangalore-cbe_hosur_bagalur_chikkatirupati.png

Varthur road is going through major expansion works. It appeared like a 3 lane road in both directions and even the dry bed of varthur lake area is being used for the new road. There is also flyover kind of construction at Varthur - Sarjapur/Attibele road junction. Not sure how the authorities will handle the expansion at the Varthur market area which is the major bottleneck in this route. Hopefully when the entire work finishes, it will provide smoother entry/exit to Hosur road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvytorques (Post 5299076)
Did Coimbatore to Bangalore (Hope Farm/Whitefield) today via Hosur-Bagalur-Chikka Tirupathi-Hope Farm. Road quality was good throughout except 300 metres after entering KA checkpost. The road from Bagalur to Chikka Tirupathi is a narrow road & passes through a village (Pradan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana), but good turf quality again.

I found this much better than the Varthur-Sarjapur-Attibele in terms of both traffic & road quality.

There was a lot of construction around NH207 at the Hope farm junction end and there on all the way to Hoskote. Has that changed/improved now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 5313633)
There was a lot of construction around NH207 at the Hope farm junction end and there on all the way to Hoskote. Has that changed/improved now?

Yes the road beyond the Kadugodi region has been widened and relaid upto the point where it joins the NH75. Now it is also designated as some SH-xxx number. However the section from Hope farm circle till Kadugodi flyover is still bumpy due to ongoing Metro work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keroo1099 (Post 5028051)
I am another who has switched to the Hassan-Nagamangala route to get to Mysore. I find I drive slower, reach faster, and it's a lot easier on the nerves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 5028045)
To me, the route via Hassan Bellur cross has been the de-facto option since more than 5 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 5028014)
Unless its a 3/4am start, I avoid NH275 and stick to the route via Nagamangala - Pandavapura. Roads are good and traffic is sparse, this route would definitely be my recommended route for anyone who stays around North/West/East BLR.

Guys,
We might be doing a Mysore run this (or next) weekend. Split for choice between the Interceptor and SCross so that's probably will be decided on the day of traveling wrt rain (otherwise INT650 has the preference).

1. Given the progress of 6-laning work going on the Bangalore - Mysore highway, do you still recommend the Nagmangala - Pandavapura option?

2. Would that still be the recommendation if we take the bike?

I live in Central Bangalore (near Garuda mall) and we probably would leave by 5 - 6 am.