Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 21:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Check out Hot Chips - it is a bit after the Madhya Kailash temple (other direction from the Kasturibai Nagar station - ask someone for CLRI, its opp to that). There is also an all night take-away / delivery place called Twilight in Nungambakkam, but I guess they will be having some kind of a minimum order value requirement for delivery.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:12   #17
BHPian

You could try Asendas Park - Planet Yumm has a food court there and will give you a multitude of possibilities. Only hassle is that you have to leave your ID at the entrance security.

Velachery By-pass (Bye-pass as it is often called) road as well as the Velachery - Tharamani link road has a large number of eating spots. Besantnagar has quite a few places too. Sorry! None other than the really upmarket 5* ones will serve you liquor.

Bon Apetit!

Ssbiitm
Old 30th June 2010, 03:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbiitm View Post
You could try Asendas Park - Planet Yumm has a food court there and will give you a multitude of possibilities. Only hassle is that you have to leave your ID at the entrance security.
I heard they allow public only upto 10 PM; I heard the IT park where paypal & ebay are located (not sure which one) is opened 24 X 7 including public access. But it is very far off from Velachery.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
i will be back in gandhinagar after the office, only late at night, say 11. i found that none of the eateries were open :surprised: any place which is open at that time in gandhinagar.

(
If you walk a little farther towards IIT from Madhya kailash signal(the signal near sangeetha) towards IIT, you will find a small juice cum snacks shop open till 3am.
It's a very popular joint among guys who come back from a late night movie /disco/ job.
You get hot hot bread omlettes and good juices/shakes. Quality is top class but will be crowded and you may have to stand outside and eat if seats are not empty.
But who cares when it's so late at night with no traffic/pedestrians.

there is another chinese restaurant near that but i guess that too closes by 11pm.

Last edited by Daewood : 30th June 2010 at 12:50.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

asendas aprk is not allowing publicin after 10 PM, as told by my friend. all of them are talking about a place called miami beach?

autos are such a rip off here. have not yet been able to find a good place that serves :(

they are also suggesting spencer plaza, city centre and skyline(something that is said to be new) to spend the weekend. I was contemplating on leaving to bangalore to beat the heat! it is soo hot here.

after coming here, there is ahuge swelling underneath by left eye. is that common to people who come to chennai from different areas? another guy(from bom) and myself have the same swelling. apart from the fact that we work in the same office, we stay in diff parts off the town.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they are also suggesting spencer plaza, city centre and skyline(something that is said to be new) to spend the weekend. I was contemplating on leaving to bangalore to beat the heat! it is soo hot here.
It's Sky walk, but how can you spend your weekend there? These are malls and they aren't much fun unless you like shopping. Do you like standing near the escalators and ogling at girls? In that case, it might be worthwhile. You should check out the new Express Avenue mall. The scene is better there.

Quote:
after coming here, there is ahuge swelling underneath by left eye. is that common to people who come to chennai from different areas? another guy(from bom) and myself have the same swelling. apart from the fact that we work in the same office, we stay in diff parts off the town.
This is strange and I have never heard of anything like this before. Are you sure you are drinking enough water?
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I was contemplating on leaving to bangalore to beat the heat! it is soo hot here.
What an Irony! I thought Chennai is having its best weather this year :o).
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

That is true. Today's Times of India says this is the coolest June in over a decade!
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
What an Irony! I thought Chennai is having its best weather this year :o).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
That is true. Today's Times of India says this is the coolest June in over a decade!
So true. Its not "hot" by chennai standards.

@govigov

All the best man. I was in your shoes once.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, Express Avenue isn't fully functional as of now right?
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

^^^ No they're not fully functional, however, I know there're few shops opened up inside. Two weeks ago, I'd passed via clock tower & could see very few cars in the parking lot during mid of the day with huge free spaces & I could make out that they're not fully functional. Though not updated, should provide sufficient information - http://www.expressavenue.in/
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
^^^ No they're not fully functional, however, I know there're few shops opened up inside. Two weeks ago, I'd passed via clock tower & could see very few cars in the parking lot during mid of the day with huge free spaces & I could make out that they're not fully functional. Though not updated, should provide sufficient information - Shopping centre in chennai: Express Avenue,Business chamber chennai,Chennai cityscape,Vedic Astrology,Astral remedies,Signature analysis,Kavita Singhania
Tons of shops have opened up at Express Avenue including a 100K sq ft Big Bazaar. I went there for the first time about two weeks ago and about 10 shops were open. Last weekend, at least 40 were open. The outside car park and the basement car park was full last Sunday evening. There was a massive traffic jam while entering the place. Kids will enjoy the 'Fun City'- some cool rides are there. This is easily the best mall in Chennai at the moment. Ampa is probably second. Both are big and airy and not claustrophobic like Spencers and Citi Center.
Old 4th July 2010, 02:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

@govigov - if you are game, we can have a quick meet in Besant Nagar beach on Sunday (4th July). Let me know / PM me.
Old 4th July 2010, 04:16   #29
J.Ravi

How do I access to Chennai bypass from Arcot Road, i.e., if I am going from Vadapalani towards Porur and if I want to take the Chennai bypass, where do I take a right turn towards Maduravoyal? During my last visit to Chennai, I missed it and ended up at Porur. It was a torturous drive. I remember, I did not see any signage indicating Chennai bypass or Maduravoyal. Kindly enlighten me.

Old 4th July 2010, 06:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

You will have to cross the Porur Jn. if you have to reach for the Chennai Bye pass. While coming from Arcot road side you take a right at Porur Jn. and the continue onwards until the Chennai Byepass crosses overhead to you (next to Porur Lake) take a right here and you would reach the bye pass in about 500 mts. If you are coming down towards Bangalore then there is no point getting to the byepass from Porur, as well continue onwards towards Poonamallee.

The only alternative I see to reach Byepass without touching Porur from Vadapalani is to go inside Chinmaya Nagar and join the Koyambedu - Maduravayol road near the Koyambedu market.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 4th July 2010 at 06:01. Reason: Added some more information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks