Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2012, 14:33   #61
BHPian

Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Would recommend just visit only one destination. For e.g. only Ooty or Only Kodai or only Srinagar or only Port Blair. Don't waste your precious time travelling from one place to another. Also, just stay at one place, soak in the atmosphere and get to know your partner. Don't waste time in travel. Sightseeing may be one of the agenda. Not THE agenda.
Old 7th October 2012, 16:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Would recommend just visit only one destination. For e.g. only Ooty or Only Kodai or only Srinagar or only Port Blair. Don't waste your precious time travelling from one place to another. Also, just stay at one place, soak in the atmosphere and get to know your partner. Don't waste time in travel. Sightseeing may be one of the agenda. Not THE agenda.
Absolutely agree.

When we went for our honeymoon trip to Gangtok, we did not plan out to visit nearby places like Darjeeling/Kalimpong etc. We only visited places in and around Gangtok. Went to places like Tsomgo Lake/Rumtek monastry around Gangtok and Enchey Monastry, Namgyal institute, Mall road, within Gangtok.

Honeymoon is not the time to keep travelling from one place to another and extensive sightseeing.
Old 14th January 2015, 19:52   #63
BHPian

Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Friends,

I am getting married in February. We both, me and my sweet darling fiancée (Wow! ) love travelling. I am from Cochin, works in Bangalore and love driving. We are in the process of figuring out good locations where we can spend time just looking into each other’s eyes and doing what not ().

Being from Cochin-Kerala, the basic idea is to explore God’s own country in single/multiple day trips spread out over a month or so. The current list includes the usual suspects Munnar, Alleppey, Wayanad, Thekkady, and close to home, Athirappilly-Valparai route, and Fort Cochin area.

Also, at least one outstation, week or so long, trip. The contenders are Lakshadweep, Maldives, Andaman nicobar, Sri lanka, Coorg/Goa. Budget is kind of limited.

These are just ideas, and I am open to any other locations as well.

1) Any good resorts in Munnar/Wayanad/Thekkady/Coorg plus any good spots activities that we shouldn’t miss out in these places?
2) We probably will go for a day in houseboating with family; any of you has any contacts/friends/relatives where we can get a discounted rate?
3) I have a Mahindra club coupon with me with a 2 day or so free stay. Anyone know of any good Mahindra club resorts in these places that I should try in or more importantly avoid at any cost?
4) Anyone tried the Indian railway’s discover India or any other tour packages wherein they go through, Goa/Mumbai/Jaipur/Delhi/Agra etc.?

If anyone has any good accommodation/food/travel advices or contacts/friends/relatives that we can use in any of these or other locations and get a discount are very welcome.

Last edited by GTO : 15th January 2015 at 14:53. Reason: Typos
vjjustin is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th January 2015, 20:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post

1) Any good resorts in Munnar/Wayanad/Thekkady/Coorg plus any good spots activities that we shouldn’t miss out in these places?
Munnar: Spice Tree spicetreemunnar.com

Wayanad: Windflower

Thekkady: Elephant Court , Niramaaya,

Coorg: Taj Madikeri , Tamara Coorg
Quote:
3) I have a Mahindra club coupon with me with a 2 day or so free stay. Anyone know of any good Mahindra club resorts in these places that I should try in or more importantly avoid at any cost?
CM Munnar and Madikeri are good.

Quote:
4) Anyone tried the Indian railway’s discover India or any other tour packages wherein they go through, Goa/Mumbai/Jaipur/Delhi/Agra etc.?
Golden Chariot,Deccan Odyssey,Palace on Wheels if the rates fall within your budget
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 20:59   #65
BHPian

Re: Love is around the corner; need help on good honeymoon destinations and planning.

Look at places which are away from normal tourist places where you can cherish the honeymoon moments. These destinations have no crowd what so ever

I would suggest -
Dandeli (Bison River Resort / Horn Bill resort - tree houses) - beautiful serene place
Madumalai - Inn the wild

Book using goibibo where they are providing 45% discount on hotels like Bisor River Resort, Inn the wild
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 11:31   #66
BHPian

Fellow Bhpians,

We are getting married in July this year and have decided to utilized the long weekends coming in August around independence day to plan our honeymoon. Need your advice and suggestions for finalizing honeymoon destination in India. The collective wisdom here will far supersede any other professional advise that I can think about.

Considering the fact that it will be monsoon time in India, we want to avoid the hill stations in North India. I would also like to avoid too much travel, so rather than cramming a number of places in the travel itinerary, we would like to have opportunity to spend some time together and plan visit to a couple of places during our stay. I am also wary of the holiday crowd we come across during any long weekends at popular tourist destinations. The ensuing traffic and crowd can spoil anyone's vacation mood.

Considering this situation, I have realized that a very limited options can be looked at during that time of year in India. This is going to be first actual holiday I am planning in a long time and intend to make it memorable for both of us. My budgetary cap at the start is somewhere around 60-70K but am open for suggestions. I am looking at a vacation period of six to seven days currently, anything beyond requires a reasonably good explanation for getting leave approvals from my supervisor

I want to finalize the booking by the end of the month and your suggestions will be great help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th April 2017, 12:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Fellow Bhpians,

We are getting married in July this year and have decided to utilized the long weekends coming in August around independence day to plan our honeymoon. Need your advice and suggestions for finalizing honeymoon destination in India. The collective wisdom here will far supersede any other professional advise that I can think about.

Considering the fact that it will be monsoon time in India, we want to avoid the hill stations in North India. I would also like to avoid too much travel, so rather than cramming a number of places in the travel itinerary, we would like to have opportunity to spend some time together and plan visit to a couple of places during our stay. I am also wary of the holiday crowd we come across during any long weekends at popular tourist destinations. The ensuing traffic and crowd can spoil anyone's vacation mood.

Considering this situation, I have realized that a very limited options can be looked at during that time of year in India. This is going to be first actual holiday I am planning in a long time and intend to make it memorable for both of us. My budgetary cap at the start is somewhere around 60-70K but am open for suggestions. I am looking at a vacation period of six to seven days currently, anything beyond requires a reasonably good explanation for getting leave approvals from my supervisor

I want to finalize the booking by the end of the month and your suggestions will be great help.

Thanks in advance.
Given that it is a special occasion for you, I would highly recommend Orange County, Kabini. The link to the website is http://www.orangecounty.in/kabini/.

Having been to the place personally, I can vouch that this resort/place is truly special (one of the few places in India where you get your money worth).

Monsoons will just add to the beauty of the place with greenery and cooler weather all round.
TheDesertRat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 10:35   #68
BHPian

Hello,

We will be completing our first year of marriage in November and are looking for some suggestions for a 4 day holiday (Nov 16 to Nov 19, period of 4 days, Thursday to Sunday). We were looking at international destinations but realized that it does not make sense travelling abroad for just 4 days. Hence we are looking for places in India itself where travel time should be less. I am already very late in planning this and I think my wife is not going to like it if I do not finalize something by this weekend. So I am asking experts here to help me out! I am not looking for a very hectic schedule but I do want some activities which both of us can do together.

I was looking at Kerala but realized that there are too many places there and I am confused where to go. Should I just pick 2 places and spend 2 days at each place? Any suggestions for spending 4 days in Kerala? Also which other places should I consider? Goa? I saw the suggestion above for Kabini which is looking good!

Last edited by Saanil : 10th October 2017 at 10:36.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:53   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I was looking at Kerala but realized that there are too many places there and I am confused where to go. Should I just pick 2 places and spend 2 days at each place? Any suggestions for spending 4 days in Kerala? Also which other places should I consider? Goa? I saw the suggestion above for Kabini which is looking good!
As you mentioned, with 4 days for both Kerala and Kabini you need to consider time taken for commute also.

In Kerala, depending on the place you decide you will have to take road transport to reach your destination from airport. This will need atleast half a day. As an example, Munnar is around 4+ hour drive from Cochin airport, Wayanad another tourist location is around 3 hour drive from Calicut airport.

Similarly, Kabini is 5.5 hour drive from Bangalore airport.

- For KL, my suggestion would be Wayanad, if budget permits you can opt for Vythiri resorts and see nearby places.
- For Kabni, top end option is Orange County. However, Jungle lodges and resort is a cheaper option comparatively. Do note that, Kabini is a safari location. Hence if you both are not interested in wildlife, it may become boring after first safari.
- For beach types, Goa or for a change Kovalam beach Trivandrum.
Old 10th October 2017, 13:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

- For KL, my suggestion would be Wayanad, if budget permits you can opt for Vythiri resorts and see nearby places.
- For Kabni, top end option is Orange County. However, Jungle lodges and resort is a cheaper option comparatively. Do note that, Kabini is a safari location. Hence if you both are not interested in wildlife, it may become boring after first safari.
- For beach types, Goa or for a change Kovalam beach Trivandrum.
Thanks for your suggestion! I am inclining towards going to Wayanad. I guess 3-4 days (including travel time) should be enough to explore the place? I checked out Vythiri resorts and it looks good! I am still debating whether I can afford this because although their per day charge sounds expensive, they do provide all meals too.

Any other resorts in Wayanad apart from Vythiri? Maybe slightly less expensive but still at the top end? How do people travel within Wayanad? I am not too keen on taking a self drive.
Old 10th October 2017, 14:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I guess 3-4 days (including travel time) should be enough to explore the place?
Explore the place, why? There is a lot of be explored inside the room .

As far as Waynad is concerned - I remember seeing a fall, some tea/coffee estate and a lake on which you can go around in a boat. IMHO, you won't miss much, if you decide to not step out of the resort at all. Moreover, IIRC, the last patch of road is not that nice, and those 3-4kms to hit the main road will sap your time and energy.

The important thing about honeymoon is to go somewhere so that you get some reprieve from the hustle bustle of the marriage, and the newlywed can spend a quality time together. The resort needs to be good, but availability of sightseeing places is inconsequential. Vythri resort is reasonably good (not exceptional though).

Check if you can get a room overlooking the stream (and if it is flowing) - the balcony is a really nice place to spend tea time with the sound of stream in background. Have fun!
Old 10th October 2017, 14:40   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any other resorts in Wayanad apart from Vythiri? Maybe slightly less expensive but still at the top end? How do people travel within Wayanad? I am not too keen on taking a self drive.
Yes, there are quiet few hotels around Wayand. I had suggested Vythiri resorts since few people I know had been there. The other places I know of are hotels (and not resorts), I can suggest those in case you plan to roam around and visit tourist locations. In that case, spending heavily on resort doesnt make sense.

For sightseeing you can rent a cab from hotel, this will be the easier way. You can use the public transport (mix of bus, jeep, auto), however it will be time consuming and confusing.

You can get more details here. Link
Old 11th October 2017, 22:44   #73
BHPian

Thanks suggestions above! I am also exploring other possibility for Kerala? Is it possible to stay at Kumarakom for 3 days and take 1 day trips to nearby places? Wife is not too keen on Wayanad and wants to explore coastal Kerala. Since I have just 4 days, I thought I should pick 2 cities to stay 2/2 days at each place or just stay at one place (Kumarakom) and if possible take day trips to explore nearby places. How feasible is that? Kumarakom and Allepey is one combination. Any suggestions/advice?
Old 12th October 2017, 00:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

Not to throw a spanner in the works , but I thought you might want to try SrLanka. Good for 4 days. Am sure the costs will be neutral as well vis a vis the 4 days at Kerala.
Old 7th February 2018, 11:22   #75
BHPian

Hello everyone,

We are looking to book for our honeymoon for which we would be travelling in the second week of May.
We are not really looking at international currently as we would like to go atleast on 6day/5nights to Maldives and it turning out to be a little bit on the expensive side at this point of time. We would be planning for that sometime towards the end of the year if everything works out good.

So, right now the idea is to go to peaceful resort/nature abode and spend some quality time there. Im not looking at too much travelling or sight seeing. That would be some other time.

Manali and Dalhouise were being shortlisted but removed later as they involve a lot of travel from Delhi/Chd and we are not really happy with that.
Also as my would-be is from Agra something north of there can be covered anytime later.

What would be a good place(read good resort/cottage with spa being an added advantage in Kerala/coorg/wayand with least amount of travelling from hyderabad?

Is Kerala even pleasant at that time of the year?
From my limited research , these are the shortlisted places that i could find.

1. Kumarakom lake resort - (~17000)
2. Vythiri - Wayanad (for honeymoon villa its costing 50k per 2 nights. Is it the normal pricing here? :O)
3. Windmill - Wayanad (around 7k per night)
4. spice tree munnar - (around 10k per night)
5. Taj Madikeri- (around 20k per night)
6. Tamara (around 25k)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks