Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 11:33   #76
BHPian

Re: Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
We are looking to book for our honeymoon for which we would be travelling in the second week of May.
I would like to take a bit of liberty here and go off-topic to suggest Malaysia as a honeymoon destination. Flights from Hyderabad to Kuala Lumpur are dirt cheap and Malaysia is at par in terms of expenses there.

Quote:
So, right now the idea is to go to peaceful resort/nature abode and spend some quality time there. Im not looking at too much travelling or sight seeing. That would be some other time.
We had gone for our honeymoon to Ipoh in Malaysia and had exactly the same objective as yours. 5D/4N plan turned out to be amazing and was quite easy on the pocket except for the resort in Ipoh where I went crazy and spent more than 50% of the overall trip expense for 2N stay!
Old 7th February 2018, 11:33   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello everyone,

We are looking to book for our honeymoon for which we would be travelling in the second week of May.
Have you considered Wildernest at Chorla: terrific property in the middle of the ghat or Taj Kovalam: a friend went here on a honeymoon and another on a babymoon. the pampering is unreal they say.

The weather in Kerala that time of the year, though?
Old 7th February 2018, 11:56   #78
BHPian

Quote:
What would be a good place(read good resort/cottage with spa being an added advantage in Kerala/coorg/wayand with least amount of travelling from hyderabad?
May is not the best time to visit the places you have in mind. They are best when visited after rains, with lush green surroundings.

I would suggest you check out Taj property at Chitwan National Park in Nepal. Very luxurious and quite affordable considering what you get. They have spas like you have mentioned, rooms with private pools, and jungle safaris.

Taj Meghauli Serai Safari

Alternatively, I would suggest you head to Sikkim. Its not exactly the north India that you have mentioned, but its very scenic, and you could probably get quite a good package.
Old 7th February 2018, 12:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Kumarakom lake resort - (~17000)
2. Vythiri - Wayanad (for honeymoon villa its costing 50k per 2 nights. Is it the normal pricing here? :O)
3. Windmill - Wayanad (around 7k per night)
4. spice tree munnar - (around 10k per night)
5. Taj Madikeri- (around 20k per night)
6. Tamara (around 25k)
Travel wise, for Madikeri you will have to - Hyderabad - Bangalore (bus/train/flight/drive) - Road (5 hours)- Madikeri. Would suggest this or Wayanad options in case you plan to drive down to the place.

Kumarakom & Munnar - You will have to take flight to Cochin and then take a cab or Zoom car . (~3 hours & 5 hours).

Wayanad - Either taken Hyderabad - Calicut flight and then take cab to Wayanad. Will be cheaper than taking cab from Bangalore since interstate RTO hassle not there. It will take around 2.5 hours from Calicut airport to Vythiri.

All places mentioned will be hot during May. By June it starts raining heavily at all the places. However, if you are planning only on spending time inside resort and not on sightseeing this should not be much of an issue for you. Only exception would be Kumarakom resort, since the place will be humid and hot during summer.

That said, option 2 & 3 is bit confusing for me. Vythiri is the place name with few resorts - Vythiri village, Vythiri resort etc. Windmill is the company which manages one of the resort (I guess Vythiri resort). Hence be careful when you do online search, you may be seeing pics of one but booking another if you are not careful with the names.
Old 7th February 2018, 23:30   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I would like to take a bit of liberty here and go off-topic to suggest Malaysia as a honeymoon destination.
Thanks mate but right now we are looking to stay inside India and save up for a longer stay at Maldives by the end of the year.
(Hopefully the political.unrest settles down in Maldives by then as well)
Maldives is her dream destination so that's on the top of food chain for a foreign trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have you considered Wildernest at Chorla:

The weather in Kerala that time of the year, though?
Thank you ! Tried contacting the 'reach us out on whatsapp' number on their page but sadly all I got was a I will get back to you .

Also from what I gathered it will be way too humid in kovalam. Please correct me if I'm wromg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Alternatively, I would suggest you head to Sikkim. Its not exactly the north India that you have mentioned, but its very scenic, and you could probably get quite a good package.
We really do not have the time to be travelling that far away at this point of time and hence looking at locations comparatively nearer.
Don't want to be spending too much time on travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
That said, option 2 & 3 is bit confusing for me. Vythiri is the place name with few resorts - Vythiri village, Vythiri resort etc. Windmill is the company which manages one of the resort (I guess Vythiri resort).
Thank you. The name of the resort is vythiri resort . It indeed was confusing looking at the hotel booking sites. After you have mentioned it, I directly headed over to their native website and contacted them.

http://www.vythiriresort.com

The quote that I received is 35k for 3 day 2 night as part of their honeymoon package.
We like the place and we are pretty close to finalizing it. Only problem being transport from hyderabad. There's only one flight from hyd to Calicut and it reaches Calicut at night 9pm. And on the return journey it starts at morning 8 or so in Calicut . I think this might be a problem for hotel check-ins.

Thinking about driving down as well in case some travel alternative isn't sorted out.
In which case I would add some more places on the way. Probably Bandipur night stay and then a visit to lepakshi

I already did drove down to waynad a couple of years back in my alto . Boring road it is from hyderabad to Bangalore and hence the lack of enthusiasm

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 7th February 2018 at 23:33.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:34   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The quote that I received is 35k for 3 day 2 night as part of their honeymoon package.
The amount you mentioned is a good deal for that resort. Its usually ~ 19 to 22 K per night from what I have seen.

Yes, with a night flight you will loose one days stay at resort. So that will leave you with two options -

- Flight to Bangalore + Road (cab/ bus / self drive).
- Drive all way down to Wayanad.
Old 10th February 2018, 14:40   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The amount you mentioned is a good deal for that resort. Its usually ~ 19 to 22 K per night from what I have seen.

Yes, with a night flight you will loose one days stay at resort. So that will leave you with two options -

- Flight to Bangalore + Road (cab/ bus / self drive).
- Drive all way down to Wayanad.
Let's say I make it into a road trip .
Does this itinerary sound decent ?

May 9th - start to Mysore from hyderabad
(Reach at night. Stay at Mysore )

May 10th - start to vythiri by 8am

--Stay at vythiri till may 12 afternoon

May 12 - start to Ooty/madhumalai/Bandipur after lunch. Login to a cottage
( Suggestions for good cottages please. I prefer to be away from the hustle bustle of Ooty. I remember ooty to be quite a busy place from the last time I travelled.
So, somewhere in the foothills of ooty or Bandipur should be fine. )

May 13 - checkout from Bandipur/madhumalai /ooty. Night stay at chickbalapur /Nandi hills??

May 14 - start to hyderabad
Old 22nd November 2021, 00:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
If you decide to go to Auli, I'll also let you in on a secret. Enroute to Auli from Rishikesh is a very lovely resort at Tilwara by the Mandakini river. It has beautiful little wooden cottages alongside a river.!
Any idea what is the name of this resort/ accomodation? Or is it the GMVN Tilwara?
Old 16th December 2021, 11:59   #84
BHPian

Looks like it is the GMVN, quite decent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks