Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Goa Vacation for First Timers

I am staying at Panjim next week. Being a foodie ;-), I like to explore fish and other non-veg delights which we can taste only at Goa.
Any restaurant recommendations?
I love street food, and love to get something locally made/real flavour of Goa.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:47   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am staying at Panjim next week. Being a foodie ;-), I like to explore fish and other non-veg delights which we can taste only at Goa.

Panjim has innumerable restaurants. One suggestion, rather a must visit is Ritz in Panjim. Amazing food especially the Goan fish curry rice.
If you are traveling to Mapusa, try Kamlabai. It's a local place and the food is authentic Goan fare.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 14:18   #108
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
In Panjim I will suggest you to definitely try the below 3 restaurants -
1. Ritz Classic - the fish thali is the one you need to eat here. Rs. 188 and you have fish curry, rice, fish fry, mussels, crab, fish ambotik (it was mackarel for us), sol kadi, couple of veg items as well.
2. Viva Panjim - loacted in the old Latin quarter. Google maps will direct you, set up in an ancient home converted to a restaurant and absolute value for money. A 3 course dinner for 4 of us cost just around Rs. 1200
3. Mum's Kitchen - a fine dine option and a bit expensive, but food is top notch

For the local bakery products I'll suggest you Confeitaria 31 De Janeiro also located in the Latin quarters. Its a bit difficult to locate, would suggest you to ask the locals.
Lij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 22:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Panjim has innumerable restaurants. One suggestion, rather a must visit is Ritz in Panjim. Amazing food especially the Goan fish curry rice..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
1. Ritz Classic - the fish thali is the one you need to eat here. Rs. 188 and you have fish curry, rice, fish fry, mussels, crab, fish ambotik (it was mackarel for us), sol kadi, couple of veg items as well.
Thanks pals. Today I tried Ritz at Panjim. It was so good. :-)

I will try one of the others that you recommended next. I like Bebinca, do you know where to eat it fresh (not that packaged one). Thanks,
Old 27th September 2016, 13:34   #110
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
I like Bebinca, do you know where to eat it fresh (not that packaged one). Thanks,
Confeitaria 31 De Janeiro mentioned in my post above, liked their bebinca.

Also have seen people picking up chicken and beef patties there, looks like its one of their hot selling products, didn't try it though.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:45   #111
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to visit Goa somewhere in November. Before this, I've been twice to Anjuna. First, when I was bachelor and then when I got married.
Problem with North Goa is I find it kinda unsafe commuting after dark, especially when traveling with wife. Also, last time my wife's mobile got stolen from her bag when visiting the flea market.

That's why this time we're thinking of visiting south Goa. Can someone please suggest me decent hotels to stay there? Budget is ~2-2.5k per night.

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2016, 14:51   #112
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea how much taxi costs in Goa for sight seeing per day ?

Not sure about the rentals though !

Appreciate your help
Old 27th September 2016, 15:05   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I visited Ritz in Panjim last week. The sea food is amazing but the restaurant is very small and you have pretty long waiting time.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:24   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
I visited Ritz in Panjim last week. The sea food is amazing but the restaurant is very small and you have pretty long waiting time.
Guys,
Tried searching for Ritz Classic on google maps and got 2 results -

Ritz Classic - Ground Floor, Gera Imperium - II, Patto Plaza, Ozari, Panjim
Ritz Classic Restaurant N Bar - 10678, 1st Floor, Wagle Vision Building, 18th June Road, Ozari, Panjim

Which is the correct one.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:48   #115
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
At such restaurants you need to arrive before office lunch hours, thats before 1pm, else it'll be packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Guys,
Tried searching for Ritz Classic on google maps and got 2 results -

Ritz Classic - Ground Floor, Gera Imperium - II, Patto Plaza, Ozari, Panjim
Ritz Classic Restaurant N Bar - 10678, 1st Floor, Wagle Vision Building, 18th June Road, Ozari, Panjim

Which is the correct one.
Both are correct. One at Wagle Vision is the original, the other is a new branch. I don't think taste wise it differs much though. They have another one in Porvorim as well.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 18:26   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Hi agbenny,

If you want other non veg delights try "Horizon Grill" on the main Candolim road. It has excellent steaks and other "delights" on the menu.

The "Stone House" just further down the road also is very good. Try the fish Portugese.

Another option is "House of LLoyds" for great p.chops but they are quite pricey. Make some good cocktails as well.

"Wok and Roll" a little further (at Sinquerim - past the Aguada) has great pan Asian food.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 20:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Viva Panjim - loacted in the old Latin quarter. Google maps will direct you, set up in an ancient home converted to a restaurant and absolute value for money. A 3 course dinner for 4 of us cost just around Rs. 1200
Today at Viva. They have some nice items in menu, and worth every rupee. Thanks for the suggestions. I liked their squid and Bebinca very much.

Last edited by agbenny : 27th September 2016 at 21:01.
Old 28th September 2016, 06:14   #118
BHPian

I would like to recommend a restaurant which I happened to try and loved. Both the food and the friendliness of the staff. It's 'Cafe Sussegado' near Calangute beach. It's not really near the beach but near the T-junction before the beach and in the direction of Candolim. It's a small place by the road, but the food was amazing, so was the service. We had the local delicacy, Chicken Xacuti and bread and also Chilly pork sausage. Both were recommended by the staff and the food was just yummy. If someone happens to pass by this place, don't forget to give it a try.

It's not a place if you want to chill by the beach and have your food, but a nice warm place by the road.

Last edited by jayded : 28th September 2016 at 06:20.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 11:48   #119
BHPian

Has anyone tried using airbnb to book 'homestays' in Goa?
Old 28th September 2016, 17:17   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Both are correct. One at Wagle Vision is the original, the other is a new branch. I don't think taste wise it differs much though. They have another one in Porvorim as well.
Thank you

Any suggestions or recommendations for good restaurants and shacks in and around Colva.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks