Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 10:56   #286
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tirupati : Route Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
On Kurnool bypass you have Hangout, Kritunga on Kurnool bypass or H8 near Oravakallu.

After H8, other options will be dhaba like.
Thanks for the reply. I tried H8 yesterday while coming to kadapa and the food was good and washrooms where neat too. Will try out hangout on my way back to hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyHyd View Post
Hotel Suraj Grand is decent. https://maps.app.goo.gl/hcuNYktA61ViuBN77. You can park your vehicle in the cellar and the rest rooms are connected by a lift. They are neat. Food is comparable to Food Pyramid. You will have to take a service road instead of the flyover. So, you will hardly lose time. Restaurant and hotel are neighboring buildings.
I tried Suraj grand earlier and like you said the food and restrooms are good. My only issue is the traffic after service road. Last time I was stuck at the U turn we take for the hotel because of the traffic. But that might be because I had reached there around 10 am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
A 6 am start means you will reach Food Pyramid around 8 8.30.
The other options for breakfast are Hangout on the Kurnool bypass as suggested by narayans80 or the small restaurants immediately after Pullur toll plaza.
I am planning to try Food pyramid on my way back to Hyderabad. I crossed Food pyramid around 7.45 as I had early start around 5.45 and the roads were pretty empty too.That time is little it early for me for breakfast
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 19:59   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am assuming the recently announced Surat-Chennai expressway will greatly benefit Hyd-Tirupati. It will definitely have the Kadappa-Tirupati as a part. I am hoping it would be the current section of Kuddapa-Rajampet-Renigunta, where it should cut through the Chittoor-Tirpuati-Naidupeta 10-lane.

Deadline is Dec-2025. Lets see!
Yes, this is the part of Chennai Surat Express way. Works are going well on TN Side. Nothing on Renigunta Kadapa side. This route needs a lot of land acquisition. A LOT. It goes via thick forests and lot of hills.
From Kurnool, it goes towards Mantralayam and Raichur where existing route would be developed.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:15   #288
BHPian

Did a return journey from Arakkonam/Ranipet to Hyderabad via Chittoor Rayachoti kadapa mydukur kurnool stretch.
The road is 99% good to drive.
It is just a simple 2 lane road from Ranipet to Kadapa ring road.
Gmaps show a small bypass inside Chittor but I advise to go via NH till you reach BLR TPTY NH and travel along same road till you exit towards Rayachoti. If food option is mandatory, chittoor Junction has good food and Exit of Ranipet- Kadapa NH with BLR TPTY NH, there is Sarvana Bhavan.

Rayachoti has bypass which can be avoided and better to travel via Rayachoti town.

Right after Rayachoti town there is kumbakonam degree coffee which is a must try.

Driving closer to Kadapa, the Ghat section throws you surprise of speed brakers and speed craving fools throwing in corners.

Kadapa has nice ring road which is must to take to reach the REPL Kadapa Kurnool Express way.
The road is all good to drive till Kurnool.

H8 Hotel as suggested everybody here, is tried. The washroom outside the hotel, in the parking is just OK. If there is anything else, we missed it.

For veg lovers, don't stop at H8 and drive towards Kurnool, clear all flyovers and river bridges to enter TS state .
You'll find nice Sandharshini food hotels which is a decent brand in Hyderabad city. In next few kms you'll find Udipi Aahar which is again very good.

Till jadcherla is decent drive and bridges are being repaired and only 1 side of road is allowed.

Jadcherla Shadnagar ORR touch is nothing to write. It is bad to worse with roads and drivers together.

The loot part is the toll end at the end of REPL where you pay 120₹ and immediately touch the BLR Hyderabad NH and you end up paying toll again at Kurnool exit. Almost 20-25km distance, we pay 120₹.
Altrozed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:43   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
H8 Hotel as suggested everybody here, is tried. The washroom outside the hotel, in the parking is just OK. If there is anything else, we missed it.
Next time try Hangout restaurant in Kurnool, it's right next to the flyover exit on Hyderabad to Kadapa side. Food is good and washrooms are neat and tidy
Old 7th February 2023, 15:58   #290
BHPian

I was travelling to Kadapa from Hyderabad today and noticed a weird way of begging I assume. I can't recall the place exactly but it was after crossing Kurnool.
So there were bunch of ladies around 7-8 who stood across the two lanes holding hands and blocking the way. There was an I10 infront of me who didn't stop the car completely so they had no choice but to give way to it. I tried to do same thing as I assumed they were those transgender folks asking for money on road who usually don't block and move aside if we don't stop but then I noticed that the ladies on extreme left and right were holding a rope thereby to stop the car and I had to slow down as I was afraid it might damage my car or I might drag them with me. Now they gathered around the front windows and starting banging on the car with their hands aggressively, pretending to cry by making crying sounds, banging their heads with their hands and asking for money. The good thing I did was I didn't stop completely as I was still in crawling speed(around 5 kmph without any accelerator). I immediately revved my engine to warn them and started giving accelerator which probably scared them. Because of me there was a Brezza behind me who had no choice but come to full stop and that helped my case as they immediately shifted focus on him. As I drove away I still noticed in my IRVM that they were not letting him go at all.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of thing in this particular highway? I have been driving in this stretch for past few months continuously but never noticed this kind of thing. It was around 10am in morning but imagine something like this occuring at night times

Last edited by Revvatron : 7th February 2023 at 16:02. Reason: Grammar mistake
Old 7th February 2023, 16:34   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post

Has anyone else noticed this kind of thing in this particular highway? I have been driving in this stretch for past few months continuously but never noticed this kind of thing. It was around 10am in morning but imagine something like this occuring at night times
This is terrible! Never experienced this. Looks like they are getting new-fangled ideas for begging.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:15   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I was travelling to Kadapa from Hyderabad today and noticed a weird way of begging I assume. I can't recall the place exactly but it was after crossing Kurnool.

.I observed beggers around RTA check posts, inter state check post, specifically on the forest section but they are eunuchs (if I'm allowed to say this ) and didn't use any rope or group to halt and beg. When we have to wait in queue or slow down, they did come to the window side and begged but not a harassment though.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:55   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed this kind of thing in this particular highway?
I've seen this sort of extortion around Mantralayalam-Raichur-Bellary region in 2012. These are less used roads where there is limited traffic, mostly trucks. Haven't seen this anywhere else. Such happenings on a major NH is new.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks