Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 11:08   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tirupati : Route Info

There are 4 widely used routes from HYD to TPTY.

1. HYD - KURNOOL - NANDYAL - KADAPA - RAJAMPET - TPTY
2. HYD - KURNOOL - ANANTAPUR - MADANAPALLE - TPTY
3. HYD - KURNOOL - GOOTY(bypass) - TADIPATRI - RAYALCHERUVU - KADAPA - RAJAMPET - TPTY
4. HYD - VJA - ONGOLE - NELLORE - NAIDUPET - KALAHASTI - TIRUPATI

Route 1 is the shortest and fastest route. Routes 2 & 4 add around 100 KMs. Route 2 takes almost the same time and better fuel effiency as HYD - Naidupet is completely 4 laned and only Naidupet - TPTY(~70 KM) is 2 laned.
Route 3 is also good except for a fewpotholes between GOOTY-TADIPATRI-RAYALCHERUVU and unmarked speedbreakers between TADIPATRI-KADAPA.
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:47   #152
BHPian

Just wanted to check to see if there are any disruptions in traffic on HYD- TPTY route due to recent political decisions / protests in seema-andhra? I planning to drive Hyderabad Rajampeta on 7th August.
thanks in advance
Old 20th August 2013, 21:18   #153
BHPian

Anyone has an update on the latest condition (after rains) of the HYD-Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadapa-Rajampet-Tirupati route?

Also thankful for any news on traffic disruption in this route (or the alternate HYD-Kurnool-Anantapur-Madanapalle-Piler-Tirupati route). I heard from a taxi driver that occasionally roads are being blocked across Rayalaseema, but generally they are cleared in a hour or so.

I plan to drive to Tirupati this weekend.
Old 31st August 2013, 01:14   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Anyone has an update on the latest condition (after rains) of the HYD-Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadapa-Rajampet-Tirupati route?

Also thankful for any news on traffic disruption in this route (or the alternate HYD-Kurnool-Anantapur-Madanapalle-Piler-Tirupati route). I heard from a taxi driver that occasionally roads are being blocked across Rayalaseema, but generally they are cleared in a hour or so.

I plan to drive to Tirupati this weekend.
Any update on the route... you have taken.. Roads , blockages , etc..
Old 12th September 2013, 19:12   #155
BHPian

Wanted to check if there is any route info on the HYD - Tirupati. Any disruptions due to the ongoing agitations in seemaandhara. And also the road conditions after the monsoons.

Planning to take any of the routes below. Trip would be on the inputs I get on the conditions as I would be travelling with family. (Wife, 2 children aged 5 and 1 1/2)

Trip would be mostly next weekend.

Thanks

Last edited by vito_parry : 12th September 2013 at 19:14. Reason: Added another line
Old 13th September 2013, 07:00   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Wanted to check if there is any route info on the HYD - Tirupati. Any disruptions due to the ongoing agitations in s

Thanks
Stick to route 1. That will be the shortest and fastest.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 15:25   #157
BHPian

Got back yesterday after a long trip, the first leg of which was to Tirupati using Route 1.
Firstly, there are some 'bad sectors' on the Kurnool - Nandyal road and a few diversions between Nandyal and Cuddapah, but these are 'doable' in the daytime. The driving conditions are definitely better by Route 2, but then it is 100 kms longer and I am not sure that extra distance is worth the discomfort in the shorter route.

We got stuck for half an hour each at two places just after Kurnool due to the Seemandhra agitation - the protestors were burning tyres in the middle of the road in places where it is very narrow. Once they had their fun (and someone took photos) they allowed the police to clear the road and the traffic was let through. The gridlock caused by taxis and autos blocking the entire width of the road on both sides (as usually happens at railway gates in our country) took more time to clear than the actual protest demonstration.

The protestors seem to be active between 9 am to 3 pm. Usually the road blocks are removed by 4 pm. So far, I have heard no incidents of any stone pelting or damage to private vehicles. In fact, at one place close to Tirupati, the buses and trucks were stopped, but a few people were guiding cars and two wheelers through some narrow lanes that bypassed the road block. We wanted to visit a temple near Puttur, but the protestors had blocked the road with thorns and told us that the road will be cleared only after 3 pm. We decided to do the visit some other time and returned to Tirupati.

For anyone travelling in Seemandhra at this point of time, my advice would be to carry enough food and water so that you do not starve if you get stuck for a few hours. If possible reach before 9 am, or start your drive after 4 pm.
vartakavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 18:42   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Got back yesterday after a long trip, the first leg of which was to Tirupati using Route 1.
[COLOR=black]Thank you very much for the input... and the road conditions. Trip is postponed indefinitely, Thanks to various reasons, Office work comes in between, Daughters school assessments in the coming week, Rush at tirupati increased in the last 3 days, and the list goes on!!![/COLOR]
Old 20th September 2013, 23:38   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Got back yesterday after a long trip, the first leg of which was to Tirupati using Route 1. ....... If possible reach before 9 am, or start your drive after 4 pm.
Which route did you take while coming back?
Old 22nd September 2013, 14:24   #160
BHPian

Actually, we drove from Tirupati to our native village near Horseley Hills, then back to TIrupati and then to Kodaikanal via Kanchipuram and Trichy. I left my car at Kodai (we have a cottage there) and got back by train.
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:33   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad - Narketpally- Nalgonda - Miryalaguda - Dachepalli - Piduguralla - Addanki - Ongole - Nellore - Naidupeta - Tirupati.

Hyderabad to Narketpally is on NH 9 (NOW 65) - 84 kms
Narketpally to Addanki -(SH 2) 200 kms. This road is four-laned and is under expansion. However, most of the road is completed and only a few stretches in villages are incomplete. One can maintain good speeds on this road.
Addanki to Naidupaeta - I havent calculated exact distance on this NH 5 but till Naidupeta the distance could be about 260 km.
Naidupeta to Tirupati - 70 odd kilometres.

Total approximate distance from Hyderabad to Alipiri is about 610 kilometres and is a safe road.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:40   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
There are 4 widely used routes from HYD to TPTY.

4. HYD - VJA - ONGOLE - NELLORE - NAIDUPET - KALAHASTI - TIRUPATI

Route 1 is the shortest and fastest route. Routes 2 & 4 add around 100 KMs. Route 2 takes almost the same time and better fuel effiency as HYD - Naidupet is completely 4 laned and only Naidupet - TPTY(~70 KM) is 2 laned.
Route 3 is also good except for a fewpotholes between GOOTY-TADIPATRI-RAYALCHERUVU and unmarked speedbreakers between TADIPATRI-KADAPA.
One need not go to Vijayawada to go to Ongole. Exit NH 9 @ Narketpally ( 84 km from Hyd), turning right onto Narketpally - Addanki Road. This road joins the NH - 5 at Medarametla. 4 laning is almost complete, and journey on this should pose no problem at all except in a few stretches.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 12:34   #163
BHPian

All,

I'm going to Tirupati from Hyderabad via Kurnool, and want to take NH5 and Addanki-Narkatipally route while coming back. Any update on Addanki-Narkatpally route? I heard 4 laning still not yet over.
Old 1st November 2013, 10:57   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
All,

I'm going to Tirupati from Hyderabad via Kurnool, and want to take NH5 and Addanki-Narkatipally route while coming back. Any update on Addanki-Narkatpally route? I heard 4 laning still not yet over.
Sanjeev, I just came back from TPTY. Used HYD-KURNOOL-NANDYAL-KADAPA-RAJAMPET-TPTY both ways. Kurnool - Nandyal is in a very horrible state. Nandyal - Allagadda 60% 4laning is done. Allagadda - Kadapa 90% 4laning in done. Please take this route only if you can endure the Kurnool-Nandyal stretch.
srimath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 08:43   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Sanjeev, I just came back from TPTY. Used HYD-KURNOOL-NANDYAL-KADAPA-RAJAMPET-TPTY both ways. Kurnool - Nandyal is in a very horrible state. Nandyal - Allagadda 60% 4laning is done. Allagadda - Kadapa 90% 4laning in done. Please take this route only if you can endure the Kurnool-Nandyal stretch.
Thanks Srimath for your useful information.

All,
Anyone recently took Narkatpally-Addanki route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks