Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 19:31   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Tirupati : Route Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So onward you went through Kurnool town? How long did that take?
It took us close to 20 min to pass through Kurnool.

Quote:
As regards the return, how long was the dirt track till you reached the bypass?
Around 50 mts.

Quote:
Is that dirt track visible at night?
Yes

Quote:
And where does the bypass meet the Bangalore highway?
Around 6 Kms from Hotel Suraj Grand. Near Dinnedevarapadu

Last edited by srimath : 24th July 2017 at 19:34.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 12:13   #242
BHPian

Came to Vellore yesterday via kurnool nandyal cuddapa rayachoti chittoor. Extensive road widening work going on in between rayachoti and chittoor. Long stretches of single lane gravel track and terribly dusty if you get stuck behind a truck, which any way you will, because you can not overtake it on the single lane stretches. Felt pity for my tyres. Will try a different route while going back.

Thinking of Vellore - Gudiyattam - palamner - kadiri - jamalmadugu - nandyal route with a stop over at gandikota. Any one has got any feedback on this planned route?
Old 25th July 2017, 13:10   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Came to Vellore yesterday via kurnool nandyal cuddapa rayachoti chittoor. Extensive road widening work going on in between rayachoti and chittoor. Long stretches of single lane gravel track and terribly dusty if you get stuck behind a truck, which any way you will, because you can not overtake it on the single lane stretches. Felt pity for my tyres. Will try a different route while going back.

Thinking of Vellore - Gudiyattam - palamner - kadiri - jamalmadugu - nandyal route with a stop over at gandikota. Any one has got any feedback on this planned route?
How much time did you take?

For me,
Hyderabad-Kurnool-Anantpur-Devanahalli-Whitefield-Sarjapur-Hosur-Krishnagiri-VIT
and
Hyderabad-Anantpur-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Chittoor-VIT
take same as
Hyderabad-Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadapa-Rayachoti-Chittoor-VIT
which is 10.5 hours.

Thanks for confirming that the roads are still not good.
Old 25th July 2017, 16:21   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
How much time did you take?

For me,
Hyderabad-Kurnool-Anantpur-Devanahalli-Whitefield-Sarjapur-Hosur-Krishnagiri-VIT
and
Hyderabad-Anantpur-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Chittoor-VIT
take same as
Hyderabad-Kurnool-Nandyal-Kadapa-Rayachoti-Chittoor-VIT
which is 10.5 hours.

Thanks for confirming that the roads are still not good.
During my earlier visits I used to take a total of 12-13 hours from VIT to Hyderabad, with a number of smoke breaks and lunch break. I am a very very sedate driver (look at my id ).
Checked from my gmaps timeline, earlier I used to take around 3 hours after crossing the small ghat section before Rayachoti to VIT, but this time it has taken 4 hours.
Old 15th September 2017, 15:03   #245
BHPian

Hi folks, was looking for route options to Tirupati, seems like the direct option through Kurnool - Nandyal - Kadapa - Chittoor works well.
Any particular concerns with truck traffic on this?
Old 26th September 2017, 20:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

I am starting from Tirupathi on 21st October at around 2pm and will be visiting Mantralayam. Plan is to make an overnight stay at Nandyal and next morning reach Mantralaya. Could somebody help with the road condition? I will be traveling with 5 adults and 2 kids in ertiga.
As per some older postings the road from Tirupathi to Nandyal appears ok but any idea about road between Nandyal to Veldurthi which is on NH7.
Since I have never taken any of these roads before want to make sure to reach early if possible in some daylight. Certainly not post 9pm
Old 18th October 2017, 13:43   #247
Senior - BHPian

Are there any updates on the Kurnool bypass road that goes to Nandyal? I will be travelling to Mantralayam from Nandyal on 22nd October. Google maps is showing this route which was not ready a few days back. Could somebody please confirm the completion status for the same?
The only choice otherwise I have is to check the status at Nannur toll plaza and then make a decision on the way to Mantralayam.
Old 24th October 2017, 16:20   #248
Senior - BHPian

Visited to Mantralaya via Tirupati but since that route covers ~70% of Hyderabad Tirupati route, thought of sharing my experience here.

Bangalore-Tirupati-Tirumala: (~300KM)

Started at 7.30AM on Friday on the usual Bangalore-Chittoor-Tirupati-Tirumala road, excellent till Karnataka border but becomes two lanes in Andhra. Not bad but will make you frustrated if you get stuck behind a truck and heavy traffic from other side.
Reached Tirumala at around 1PM with one break for quick breakfast.

Tirumala-Mantralaya: (~470KM)

Tirupati-Kadapa: Started at 2.30PM with excellent 2 lane road with pretty wide lanes, very low traffic until few kilometers before Kadapa. You can easily cruise at 100KMPL but be careful about sudden pot holes, speed breakers without sign boards or local transport vehicles making sudden stop in front of you. Be extra watchful on the Kadapa bypass since it is bit tricky to identify that against the normal road entering Kadapa in dark.

Kadapa-Nandyal: Excellent 4 lane road (NH40, tolled but very nominal yet, since the road is not fully completed) reminding NH-7 at its best until you hit outskirts on Nandyal where it becomes bad, worse and then worst. Google maps goofed up since the road shown was blocked due to a railway over bridge construction so have to turn back to reach the lodge with additional few kilometers. Reached at around 9PM and made a stay at Dwaraka lodge with most horrible experience. Extremely bad rest rooms, dust and spider webs and what not, but being a stay for few hours somehow managed that.

Nandyal-Mantralaya: Good news!! Kurnool bypass is complete and took that road but had to negotiate the worst areas in Nandyal before reaching the 4 lane road again (NH40). Started at 9AM. The toll gate at Nannur is not operational yet and immediately after that the Kurnool bypass with start on left. Reached the NH-7 (44) and took the Kodumur road just before Kurnool by exiting NH-7. Then at Kodumur took the usual Yemmiganur-Mantralayam road. Reached at 12PM.

Mantralaya-Bangalore: (~425KM)
Usual Mantralaya-Veldurthi-Bangalore road (NH-7), with excellent condition. Started at 11.30AM and reached Bangalore by 8.00PM.

Overall Hyderabad Tirupthi can be covered in less that 8 hours if all the roads get completed (specifically blockers at Nandyal and bypass at Kadapa)
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 13:27   #249
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I need to travel to Proddatur this weekend from Hyderabad. Google maps suggests I take the Bandalore highway till Kurnool, then NH40 towards Cuddapah, after bypassing Kurnool. Somewhere at Duvvuru (before Mydukuru and Cuddapah) I need to take a right turn towards Proddatur.

My question is whether the highway from Kurnool to Cuddapah is 4-laned now, or do some pain points still exist near Nandyal bypasss? Also, apart from Haritha at Orvakkal, is there any decent restaurant on the Kurnool to Cuddapah highway for lunch?
Old 26th December 2017, 14:39   #250
BHPian

Quote:
My question is whether the highway from Kurnool to Cuddapah is 4-laned now, or do some pain points still exist near Nandyal bypasss?
Kurnool - Kadapa is 4 laned except 2/3 km inside Nandyal where the flyover is not complete.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:42   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Kurnool - Kadapa is 4 laned except 2/3 km inside Nandyal where the flyover is not complete.
Many thanks. Any pointers towards food joints between Kurnool and Cuddapah? Doesn't the highway near Nandyal have any options?

I guess there are only two tolls till Duvvuru. I read somewhere that they accept Fastag, but it would help if someone confirms.

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th December 2017 at 17:44.
Old 27th December 2017, 21:32   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. Any pointers towards food joints between Kurnool and Cuddapah? Doesn't the highway near Nandyal have any options?

I guess there are only two tolls till Duvvuru. I read somewhere that they accept Fastag, but it would help if someone confirms.
Fastag is accecpted at all tolls between Hyd and Kadapa.
srimath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:34   #253

Thanks to the information in this thread, could travel from Hyderabad to Tirupathi in less than 8 hours with a few short breaks. Started from my residence around 1:30 pm and reached the hotel in Tirupathi around a little after 9:00 pm. Took the same route for the return journey, started around 11:45 am at Srikalahasti and reached Sainikpuri around 7:15 pm.

Route taken and observations

Sainikpuri - ORR

LB Nagar exit on ORR - Narketpalli

Predictable traffic
4 lane divided highway
Slow moving busses and trucks block both lanes occasionally
Average speed about 80 kmph

Narketpalli - Nalgonda - Piduguralla - Addanki - Medarametla

4 lane divided highway
Road in excellent condition
Single road - traffic in both directions for about 10 km on a 200+ km stretch
Several small towns
Vehicles coming on the wrong side of the road, motor cycles, 3 wheelers, tractors, pedestrian crossing, sheep, buffalos etc.
While I could average over 80 kmph on the stretch, one needs to be watchful for surprises from the mixed traffic
There are trucks, but did not hinder smooth flow of traffic

Medarametla - Ongloe - Kavali - Nellore - Gudur - Naidupet

Best part of the road
6 lane divided highway for about 100+ km, then it became a 4 lane divided highway
Road appears to be relaid recently, the condition is excellent
Average speed can be easily above 100 kmh
I really loved driving the 6 lane stretch
Traffic increased considerably closer to Naidupet
Multiple options to reach Tirupathi, I decided to stay on NH 16 as long as possible

Naidupeta - Srikalahasti - Tirupati

2 lane highway, without a road divider
Lots of trucks and speed breakers on the road
I did not explore the other options, but this stretch took less than an hour, so no complaints

Once again thanks to the discussion and inputs
vidyHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 07:19   #254
BHPian

I will be travelling from Tirupati to Gulbarga on 4-Nov. Can someone please advise on the best route?
How is the below route?

Tirupati-Koduru-Rajampet-Kadapa-Nandyal-Kurnool - 342km/6h32m. There on, Blore-Hyd highway till Mahbubnagar.

I will be travelling with my family (has a 2 yr old) in a brand new Jazz. Planning to have an early start, so a (late?) lunch can be targeted at Kurnool. Are there good Veg food options on this route?

I don't think the below is a good option, unless the Nandyal route is not good. It increases distance and time travelled.

Tirupati-Pileru-Madanapalle-Kadiri-Mudigubba-Anantapur-Kurnool -- There on, Blore-Hyd highway till Mahbubnagar.
Old 29th October 2018, 18:41   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
I will be travelling from Tirupati to Gulbarga on 4-Nov. Can someone please advise on the best route?
How is the below route?

Tirupati-Koduru-Rajampet-Kadapa-Nandyal-Kurnool - 342km/6h32m. There on, Blore-Hyd highway till Mahbubnagar.

I will be travelling with my family (has a 2 yr old) in a brand new Jazz. Planning to have an early start, so a (late?) lunch can be targeted at Kurnool. Are there good Veg food options on this route?
Please also suggest reliable petrol pumps on this stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks