Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:26   #181
BHPian

Re: Automatic below 16 lakhs

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Have ruled out the Verna because the automatic diesel costs close to 16 Lakhs on road, and for 4 speed I dont want to invest that kind of money.

Honda City test drive is still pending, Honda City Automatic owners how much realistic mileage do you guys get?

Have ruled out the VW Vento DSG, even though my wife loved the drive and power delivery, she hates that it looks too much like the Rapid, hence needs a change.

We test drove the Creta A/M yesterday in peak traffic, my wife felt comfortable driving it right from the get go, she loved the features and the smoothness of the drive. It is overpriced slightly especially since last year it costed around 16.6L so a 1 lakh increase is slightly pinching, but am short for options in diesel automatics.

Regarding relaibility for Skoda, touchwood my Rapid is close to 70k kms, car is still strong apart from the dents on the exterior.

Hope to make a decision soon as always open to suggestions.

Drove the Creta Automatic Yesterday
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:40   #182
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Look around at a few more chevrolet dealerships. You might even be able to find leftover stock of the Cruze from 2015 before the recent facelift. Bargain hard and I suspect you ought to be able to land a 3-4 lakh discount. Cruze may have its rough edges but at the end of the day it is a D-segment sedan and that itself puts it head and shoulders above the rest
Completely second Ishaan on the Cruze front. Amazing car and leads the pack in it's segment!
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Your wife loves sedans! She's nearly a purist Why push her toward a Creta? The way I see it, the Creta is dynamically less potent and with its lifeless steering, gauging input is a bit of a hassle making this car potentially dangerous in high speed emergency situations. Primary safety is being in control of your car. The Creta simply forgets that a crossover ought have the dynamic edge of a sedan along with the toughness of an SUV. It just gets along by looking butch and snazzy and offers a bunch of gadgets that probably cost the company next to nothing to implement. No substance IMO.

Look around at a few more chevrolet dealerships. You might even be able to find leftover stock of the Cruze from 2015 before the recent facelift. Bargain hard and I suspect you ought to be able to land a 3-4 lakh discount. Cruze may have its rough edges but at the end of the day it is a D-segment sedan and that itself puts it head and shoulders above the rest
Regarding the Creta, agreed with you, its not an enthusiasts choice, but have to give it Hyundai even though they have slightly overpriced it (they could atleast given it nice leather seats) it is a confortable car to drive around the city with most factors covered. She liked the test drive for now. So if we donot get a good deal on the cruz will mostly be going for this.

Regarding the Cruz, Sundaram does not have any stock of A/M in their warehouse, am checking with KLN today. Would love to buy this car if I can get a hold of it for around 17L - 18L on road. Right now charging arouunf 21.5L on road for an outgoing cramped car, not worth it especially when you see the competition like the Octavia and Jetta. Problem is owing to the declined sales of Chevy dealers are not ready to keep much stock of their cars, hence chances of having a 2015 car is very less.
Old 23rd March 2016, 15:44   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Completely second Ishaan on the Cruze front. Amazing car and leads the pack in it's segment!
Never said it was the best in its segment mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Regarding the Creta, agreed with you, its not an enthusiasts choice, but have to give it Hyundai even though they have slightly overpriced it (they could atleast given it nice leather seats) it is a confortable car to drive around the city with most factors covered. She liked the test drive for now. So if we donot get a good deal on the cruz will mostly be going for this.

Regarding the Cruz, Sundaram does not have any stock of A/M in their warehouse, am checking with KLN today. Would love to buy this car if I can get a hold of it for around 17L - 18L on road. Right now charging arouunf 21.5L on road for an outgoing cramped car, not worth it especially when you see the competition like the Octavia and Jetta. Problem is owing to the declined sales of Chevy dealers are not ready to keep much stock of their cars, hence chances of having a 2015 car is very less.
The Creta is decently comfy sure and loaded with a few features, but for 17 lakhs you still get a cheap feeling hard steering wheel with no telescopic adjustment, no cruise control, no FE or DTE readings, no premium grade materials, leather or soft-touch plastics, no lower back support for those long drives, narrow rear bench, pathetic braking abilities, not very abuse-friendly suspension nor very great on-road dynamics. It is simply light and easy to control as long as there are no surprises. The Creta reminds me strongly of the Verna. Contemporary, but not armed with enough to prevent it from losing its charm in the years to come. Definitely way too overpriced. I never usually come out this strongly against a product but the Creta simply failed to impress me on any level.

Have you called all the Chevy dealers around? A friend of mine was recently offered 3 lakhs off in Hyderabad before proper negotiation. The car is definitely not worth 21lakhs that's for sure. In its own segment it probably doesn't stand a chance but against the cars you mentioned, it is definitely really good. Rear bench is cramped compared to D-Segment rides but I found the post 2012 models to be pretty decent (I am 6ft tall mind you) just not something you could term spacious. Don't be so harsh on the product because of what reviews say. The negatives that all reviewers point out are in relation to other premium sedans, but when you compare it to C2 segment cars and the Creta, it outshines them in nearly every aspect

Last edited by IshaanIan : 23rd March 2016 at 15:46.
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:24   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
+1 for Cruz. Try bargaining and getting this beast, as compared to C2 segment its unbeatable.

Though personally I preferred drive of Rapid/Vento DSG better.
Old 25th March 2016, 13:47   #186
BHPian

Unfortunately I did not get a good deal on the Cruz, with the maximum discount I could manage is Rs15,000, even if I managed to get the car for 19L, I would have gone ahead.

Booked the Hyundai Creta finally, but the showroom is insisting that I go through with their Insurance and Bank, which I have disagred to, however while looking at the Booking Form, they have included the price of the Insurance. Does this mean I have to go through them as I have signed same or can I still refuse??

TIA
Old 26th March 2016, 20:19   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
As far as renault koleos is concerned, after reading your post, i did some casual research in Youtube and our own forum, while everything else inspired me, its the turbo lag that everyone mentioned is a deal breaker. I will have to test drive one before jumping to conclusion. Any comments on the same ?
It really isn't too bad IMO and the automatic does mask its effect to an extent. It definitely exists but with my short experience driving the thing, I did not find it to be much of a hindrance. Even if it is, a quick appointment with the folks at tune-o-tronics ought to fix that let us know how your test drive of the Koleos goes because I have this slight fear that I may be the only one who thinks it's pretty good

Last edited by IshaanIan : 26th March 2016 at 20:20.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:42   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Even if it is, a quick appointment with the folks at tune-o-tronics ought to fix that let us know how your test drive of the Koleos goes because I have this slight fear that I may be the only one who thinks it's pretty good
Call me old - school but i am not a great fan of tuning and remapping, I just don't feel right about it. (No offence meant to anyone ).
Yes sir, 100%. You will be the first to know about my driving experience (if I do) of the renault koleos. But if you are saying then the product might indeed be good. There are various vehicles in our market which are highly underrated, take chevrolet captiva for example. A very capable product, impressed me anywhere and everywhere, but the resale value was a downer.

Last edited by Piyush46 : 26th March 2016 at 20:47.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:33   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Call me old - school but i am not a great fan of tuning and remapping, I just don't feel right about it. (No offence meant to anyone ).
Yes sir, 100%. You will be the first to know about my driving experience (if I do) of the renault koleos. But if you are saying then the product might indeed be good. There are various vehicles in our market which are highly underrated, take chevrolet captiva for example. A very capable product, impressed me anywhere and everywhere, but the resale value was a downer.
Someone I know picked up a second hand Captiva for 8L and coming from the X-Trail, they weren't mighty impressed with it. The main problem they had was that the Captiva wouldn't glide over the broken roads. I don't know whether it was an issue with that particular Captiva or is it a general behaviour of Captiva's suspension setup.
Old 26th March 2016, 22:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't dare to call that old-school. Rather a lack of understanding would be more appropriate. I encourage you to do your own research or talk to experts instead.

Quote:
Captiva may never have sold well but definitely received praise across circles. Only issue was the reliability and cost of spares.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 16:22   #191
BHPian

Hi. Need to decide between Ciaz AT and Honda CVT. Is the CVT a better gear box than AT 4 speed? Need to keep the car for 6-7 years. Ciaz is better equipped and cheaper
Old 21st May 2016, 01:18   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Need to decide between Ciaz AT and Honda CVT. Is the CVT a better gear box than AT 4 speed? Need to keep the car for 6-7 years. Ciaz is better equipped and cheaper
Both are good cars, difference of 1 lakh ex-showroom, but as you said you Honda is significantly expensive, difference of 2.4 lakhs ex-showroom, maybe around 3 lakhs on-road. I for one don't think its worth it, but you should decide it after test drive. CVT is more advanced, has paddle shifters and is more powerful.
Old 21st May 2016, 02:08   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The City's 1.5 VTEC is a better motor than the K series in the Ciaz and the CVT is also far better than the auto tranny in the Ciaz. All in all a better drivetrain. Whether that justifies the extra money is entirely upto you.
Old 1st July 2016, 13:29   #194
BHPian

Hello guys, help me out also please. I have a Cruze MT and Ritz diesel. Now planning to change as wife wants an automatic. Should I go for ecosport at plus ignis diesel or creta at diesel plus ignis diesel?The smaller car should be diesel but the bigger car to be used on highway's occasionally can be petrol.Or maybe polo gt tsi plus ecosport diesel/brezza (also can be managed)? Please help out.Totally confused.
Old 1st July 2016, 14:29   #195
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
I have a Cruze MT and Ritz diesel. Now planning to change as wife wants an automatic. Should I go for ecosport at plus ignis diesel or creta at diesel plus ignis diesel?The smaller car should be diesel but the bigger car to be used on highway's occasionally can be petrol.Or maybe polo gt tsi plus ecosport diesel/brezza (also can be managed)? Please help out.Totally confused.
Please tell us what year model, variant and the mileage on the Cruze and Ritz, will definitely help people understand the context before making recommendations. Also tell us if the cars are trouble-free and have been serviced as per their manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule.

If any of these cars is under 5-6 years old and is trouble-free, this may not be the right time to get rid of them

Last edited by NPV : 1st July 2016 at 14:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks