Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 14:01   #121
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automatic below 16 lakhs

My Present Take:
Lowest Segment AT Leader - A Star
Next up - Brio AT seems a better option than the i10 AT (which I own one of)- should be more fun to drive with better power plus is 5 speed instead of 4 speed. - if one can live with the looks that is. Am not that happy with the i10AT fuel effeciency either.
Next up - City AT as the most reliable AT vehicle options among Petrols with better service and support but hard to go for it one has sat in / driven / experienced the Vento/Rapid solid build and interior quality.
Or in Diesels the Vento AT.
We go a segment up and the Laura DSG AT seems the best option even considering the Service Issues, and if one wants better reliabilty and also to save a small packet there is the elantra which does have a neat feature list. Civic is due for a change and only available in Petrol.
We go a further segment up and it is between the Superb in Diesel and the Honda in Petrol though the Superb Petrol too makes a strong case for itself inspite of service grey areas but that would be a segment beyound the 16L cap of this thread.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 14:06   #122
BANNED

@Cp; I think in the City segment you also have the Fiesta AT with a sequential auto shifter.
Old 29th October 2012, 14:45   #123
BHPian

There is no Diesel Vento AT. Did you mean Verna?
Cruze is another contender but then the Laura would be a better pick and both would be over 16.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:02   #124

I agree that Laura DSG is 16+ and if you go to that segment there is only one car that's epic. I'm talking about the Jetta DSG. Nothing is sweeter and the gear changes are really fast. Too bad it's 20+.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:59   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Would like the car to be stable at high speeds (180+) on my long drives
vinj14, I seriously hope you didn't literally mean 180+ kmph. On our highways? Even our shiny new expressways are death traps, let alone the regular NHs. Our roads, and more to the point, the people driving/crossing/using our roads are not at all meant for such insane speeds.

Please consider driving slower. MUCH slower.
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 16:02   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Cp; I think in the City segment you also have the Fiesta AT with a sequential auto shifter.
Is it a sequential AT? I thought it was Ford's version of a dual-clutch gearbox?

The Fiesta is a great car if you love to drive. But in terms of space, I found it lacking massively. In fact, it's only marginally more spacious than the Figo!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 16:21   #127
BHPian

Guys,
Renault is offering me a 2011 Fluence Petrol AT for Rs 15.5 lakh. It has been is their yard and not driven at all. They are also offering 4 yrs warranty. I believe the 2012 model is about Rs 18.11 lakh. What do you all say about the offer? How much mileage does this car give?
Thanks in advance.
Old 20th November 2012, 09:50   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Thanks Vb San and others. After reading your replies, it got me thinking. Later I called them and declined their offer. As you all suggested, it is better to go for a Fiesta or Vento AT. I need something easy on my back and left leg. I also feel Ertiga zxi might be a good option with its light clutch.
( Mods, you may please move this to any other appropriate thread)
Thanks
Note: Replying in the what-car thread.

If you have a medical condition, I suggest to stick on with the AT decision. With a MT, even light clutch will have some impact in long run.

I suggested the Fiesta AT because you’re moving from the Fluence E2. It’s better to go with something which gives you similar/better driver experience, handling, and safety features.
Old 20th November 2012, 10:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Renault is offering me a 2011 Fluence Petrol AT for Rs 15.5 lakh. It has been is their yard and not driven at all. They are also offering 4 yrs warranty. I believe the 2012 model is about Rs 18.11 lakh. What do you all say about the offer? How much mileage does this car give?
Thanks in advance.
In another thread behram dabhar mentioned a cousin of his buying a petrol AT fluence and now pulling his hair out with 5 kmpl. Please check it carefully and then decide on the vehicle.
Old 20th November 2012, 12:46   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks in advance.

Offer them 8 lacks.
Seriously, why do you want to buy a brand new car that will "sip" petrol?

If you want a petrol automatic,there are plenty available in the used car market.
Old 21st November 2012, 08:35   #131
BHPian

Thanks Vb San, Anand & Ganapathy.

My requirements are an
1) AT
2) good soft suspension ( like the Fluence) ( this place is full of pot holes)
3) easy ingress & egress.
4) preferably high seating.
5) good interiors
6) good audio quality.

We have a Jazz and an XUV, so prefer a sedan.

My usage is less than 1000 Kms a month, so petrol is fine.

Fiesta ticks in all areas , but I am worried about the ride quality,will it hurt my back. My cousins Honda City gives me backache. Could Fiesta owners help me out in this.

There is a used Outlander, 2010 model, done 22K Kms, for 13.5 L

Another 2011 Captiva AT , done 20k Kms for 17L.

No good used sedans yet. My family is not keen on Corolla, Cruze.

I prefer something less than 15L.

I do feel SX4 ticks in all ways,but not yet very keen on it.

Who knows finally I might end up hiring a chauffeur !

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:17   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vb San, Anand & Ganapathy.

My requirements are an
1) AT
2) good soft suspension ( like the Fluence) ( this place is full of pot holes)
3) easy ingress & egress.
4) preferably high seating.
5) good interiors
6) good audio quality.

We have a Jazz and an XUV, so prefer a sedan.

My usage is less than 1000 Kms a month, so petrol is fine.

Fiesta ticks in all areas , but I am worried about the ride quality,will it hurt my back. My cousins Honda City gives me backache. Could Fiesta owners help me out in this.

There is a used Outlander, 2010 model, done 22K Kms, for 13.5 L

Another 2011 Captiva AT , done 20k Kms for 17L.

No good used sedans yet. My family is not keen on Corolla, Cruze.

I prefer something less than 15L.

I do feel SX4 ticks in all ways,but not yet very keen on it.

Thanks in advance.
Why buy used? Please buy Kisashi MT for 14 odd lakhs on road, or AT for about 16.5. I believe it ticks all your boxes regarding price, suspension, big car need, auto-box, power, petrol etc. Also its a new car.

BTW I am not sure how come you are seeing used Captivas being priced so high. A friend of mine recently bought a Captiva in Mumbai about 4 years old for 7 lacs!!! That car just doesn't hold prices. 17 lac for a year old model is way too high. Reasonable price would be about 11-12 lacs
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 10:24   #133
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Now since you said your running is <1000kms I assume its primarily within the city.If so,them why not buy the Sunny,upgrade the audio and hire a chauffer??

City driving is no fun.IMHO you are better off delegating that task to a driver.Sit back,listen to music and travel in a stress free manner.The Sunny has one of the best back seats.Best part is both the petrol and Diesel variants are very well within your budget.

PS:Look at the Scala too if you don't like the Sunny's looks.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 07:21   #134
BHPian

Thanks Bhpians.
I did enquire about Kizashi, looks like it is not available here.
There are strong rumours of Duster, Sunny and Ecosport bringing out their AT variants, probably early next year. Can anyone confirm about this?
I did check the Outlander, it appears to be well maintained. The only thing against it is the running cost and the company per se . And after 3 or 4 years, even if you want to sell it, there would be buyers. It will become a family property! I liked it, posh interiors, easy ingress, good audio. But it will be close to Rs 9/ km.
I am not so confident of the German AT.
( and plain speaking, a Punto petrol maybe a good option)
Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:28   #135
BHPian

Rameshdude

Why don't you take a test drive of Altis Petro AT. It meets all your requirements and is a very comfortable and trouble free car. I own one for the last 3.5 years and am very satisfied.

You can also bargain for good discounts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks