Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2006, 21:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

My dad is also planning to buy a car soon in 5-6 lacs range.....
Totally confused between Aveo n Baleno....One is classy the other is performance machine.....
The price quoted for (on road prices)
Baleno Lxi 546500
Aveo B1.4 604000
Old 30th April 2006, 22:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
...do you think once the 'Swift-sedan' is launched in another 1 years time (or max 2 years) will Maruti be able 'swift-sedan' and baleno side by side...
I am not sure if anything like 'swift-sedan' will ever come out from Maruti's stables... IMO, it'll be a positioning hara-kiri...

However IMO, one thing is very obvious. As hatches tend to move to 1.3/1.4L, entry level sedans are moving towards 1.6/1.8L. Baleno has brilliant 1.6 and 1.8L engines and is moving slowly but steadily to occupy the slot Esteem is currently in. There's still room for upgrades in Baleno (e.g., ABS/EBD, rear disc brakes, Automatic transmission...). Maruti can tease customers with ease on Baleno's performance, FE, service, price cuts and discounts for at least 3-5 years. Esteem will not be phased out, but Maruti is trying hard to create an urban Taxi-cab market for Esteem to replace Ambys and Fiats all over India.
Old 1st May 2006, 12:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
VXI comes with 185/65 tyres not 185/60.
Yup, it's either 185/65 r14 or 195/60r14 ( I got these in my Lxi)

My suggestion, Go for a Vxi. Had a real headache installing an upmarket music system. I still got the engineand ac whine in my speakers despite a sound "whaddyacallit?" installed. and those so-called-technicians scrathed my dashboard.

Plus, now I realised that I needed the de-fogger in the Sikkimese Monsoons. U'll only be paying a few more months of EMI and it'd be worth it..
Old 1st May 2006, 20:23   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
I am not sure if anything like 'swift-sedan' will ever come out from Maruti's stables... IMO, it'll be a positioning hara-kiri...

However IMO, one thing is very obvious. As hatches tend to move to 1.3/1.4L, entry level sedans are moving towards 1.6/1.8L. Baleno has brilliant 1.6 and 1.8L engines and is moving slowly but steadily to occupy the slot Esteem is currently in. There's still room for upgrades in Baleno (e.g., ABS/EBD, rear disc brakes, Automatic transmission...). Maruti can tease customers with ease on Baleno's performance, FE, service, price cuts and discounts for at least 3-5 years. Esteem will not be phased out, but Maruti is trying hard to create an urban Taxi-cab market for Esteem to replace Ambys and Fiats all over India.
MSP,

As per some reports maruti already thinking of a swift sedan

http://news.techwhack.com/1694/marut...f-suzuki-swift
Old 1st May 2006, 23:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
...As per some reports maruti already thinking of a swift sedan

This report is dated 17th July 2005 when Swift was launched. I saw the interview (on telly) of the Jap head of Swift design who visited India for the launch. The Jap was nodding away merrily to every stupid question posed by our journos. One of them was this 'swift sedan' question to which he enthusiastically nodded and replied "yeah...yeah...yeah..." (whether or not he understood the Q)... I don't attach much significance to this reply which was obtained under 'duress'!

Think of it this way... Maruti/Suzuki is known in India to excel in small cars (production/pricing/service/positioning). So much so that they have the capability to make both ends of their competition (Indica/Santro vs Toyota/Honda) gasping to get a foothold. The future of Indian car market is in hot hatches. Introducing SX4 when competition comes close to Swift will set the market ablaze again...

Maruti's and Bata's (in shoes) are successful examples of focused business strategies. Maruti should only go as far as Baleno as much as Bata shouldn't go beyond Hush Puppies.
Old 1st May 2006, 23:30   #51
BHPian

This has been already discussed here (with pictures of the swift sedan) -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ift-sedan.html
Old 2nd May 2006, 01:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Kanny].

[PHP]1. Do I need to change the rim as well?[/PHP]
If you want to stick to the original wheels, please buy 185/70 R 13 tyres.
2. Alloy wheels/Normal wheels?
[PHP]Again.if you want to upgrade to 14"..which is what a lot of us do since bigger rims look better...and marginally better handling too..depends on your choice...both types of wheels can take tubeless tyres really well...you may get some regular rims at 10% of the price of an alloy...you can try Ashoka Wheels on minister road..prices are so so but he does have a very good collection and he will give you a decent exchange price for your tyres...I for Rs 1600/tyre or so for the 165/80 r 13 I had in my baleno...make sure that you drive straight to the the tyre shop from showroom [/PHP]
[PHP]3. I'd prefer my speedometer & odometer to remain unaffected. (The Maruti showroom guys say, it doesn't get affected irrespective of what u do ) [/PHP]

It will remain the same (meant very minor variation)...you can use 185/70 R 13, 185/65 R 14, 195/60 R 14 tyres...
[PHP]
4. If I go for Vxi exchange, how much should I pay?
[/PHP] Dont know what you mean here??[PHP]

5. If I go for outside exchange, how shall I go about it? Find a tyre shop, drive straight to him and get it changed? Can any tyre dealer get it done or some specialization is needed?
[/PHP]
Lot of tyre shops can get it done..you must do some research... Ashoka Wheels on minister road is the place I got it done...though you much plan in advance ...

[PHP]Anything I missed out on it?[/PHP]
Please only upsize to tubeless tyres...tube type are not worth it...
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:22   #53
BHPian

Quote:
MSP,

As per some reports maruti already thinking of a swift sedan

The Swift sedan is some time away. Maruti will first launch the Swift diesel early nexy year, folowed by the totally new Zen and the all new Grand Vitara - Escudo. Then the entry level D-segmenter is on the cards.

As I see it there's too much action on the Maruti front, don't see the baleno being phased-out. After all the car is doing decent numbers after the price revision and has not reached the end of it's PLC. The one car that they are planning to discontinue is the Esteem.
Old 5th August 2006, 23:22   #54
BANNED

Serious ! Baleno Lxi or Vxi

Guys,

My car has been closed it is baleno black.... but i am confused whether to buy Lxi or Vxi.... Is Vxi worth it or i should get the alloys, spoiler from outside...

Please advise fast, i am booking it tomorrow or on rakhi 9th August....

Help ! Help ! Help !
Old 5th August 2006, 23:42   #55
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I'd say Vxi.. unless you absolutely want to put better alloys, music system and tyres.

Most features in Vxi can not be an aftermarket add-on.
Old 5th August 2006, 23:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

I did a mistake of getting Lxi.....The current Vxi is worth it with those classy 14" alloys which change the look of the car...Take my word its worth it...
Old 6th August 2006, 14:00   #57

Hi

Any ideas on discounts on Baleno in Mumbai and report on Ratan Motors - Chembur ........
Old 28th August 2006, 11:53   #58

Hi,

Anybody ...which is the best dealer is faridabad? I m getting price of 5.14 from Vipul for baleno LXi after 65000(Company discount)+16000(loan discount)+8000(corporate disc)+ 4000 (Dealer dis) + 2000 (bank dis)...

can i get better discount at any other dealer?

Amit
Old 28th August 2006, 12:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtima
Hi,

Anybody ...which is the best dealer is faridabad? I m getting price of 5.14 from Vipul for baleno LXi after 65000(Company discount)+16000(loan discount)+8000(corporate disc)+ 4000 (Dealer dis) + 2000 (bank dis)...

can i get better discount at any other dealer?

Amit
Is it 5.14 or 5.41?????
Old 28th August 2006, 16:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar

actually, the esteem is the swift the worldover, where it is available as a hatch as well as a sedan. the new swift here in india is nothing but the 3rd generation swift (Esteem in india). therefore it makes sense that maruthi would in all probablity introduce the sedan version calling it the new esteem or the Swift Sedan or something like that. IMHO, the swift sedan is a reality. maruthi is just waiting to clean up the market with the old esteems & then introduce the sedan when the esteem sales stop. about esteems being cabs, i dont think so. it is hard to wrest that from the tatas indica, indigo etc..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks