Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2006, 23:41   #16
BHPian

the cedia with a 2 litre 115 bhp engine might not live up to the sporting pretentions of the lancer ... but therez tons of torque ..175 NM ... and just like the city i-DSI ... power cut means more mileage
Old 18th March 2006, 23:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
the cedia with a 2 litre 115 bhp engine might not live up to the sporting pretentions of the lancer ... but therez tons of torque ..175 NM ... and just like the city i-DSI ... power cut means more mileage

yes but in the c+ segment there is not really any car that can exactly be called sporty. There is the Skoda RS but its way expensive(Though worth the price).

The only cars that I find looking sporty are skoda octavia and lancer cedia.
skoda looks better while cedia is cheaper.

Skoda still makes the best bet if budget is more than 10lacs .

But for a luxury car with better interiors and space its the optra.

corolla has the performance if looks can be sacrificed while Elantra is VFM.
Old 19th March 2006, 11:06   #18
BHPian

Hey in my suggestion go for the Corolla. I don't know about the discounts available on corolla but i asked the Chevrolet dealer in Noida he's giving discounts of around 15-20thousand on the Optra.
Old 26th April 2006, 13:11   #19
BHPian

Corolla discounts

Hi,

I am getting an H2 variant corolla for 11.9L(On road price 12.6 in bangalore) with sunfilm, matts thrown in. I personally dont dislike the looks. What I like is the controls(since I also have a Santro, and would be driving one or the other, I dont want a jugglery between left and right hand controls-so no Optra though its a good car).
What I do like about the corolla is the controls, the back seat and overall roominess feel.
Having a Santro, I have sort of got used to the upward stance and higher seats as opposed to low slung seats.
What I do not know is if there are any critical problems with the car(corolla). I understand from auto magazines that its not good for high speed as steering feels light etc. I normally would not be going at 150kmph and I guess for speeds in the range of 100-120, corolla should be fine.
Any advise from owners of the 2005 model Corolla(the newer model with the bugs fixed).
Old 26th April 2006, 13:16   #20
BHPian

Follow on to Corolla discounts

One more thing is that since Civic is a low slung car with low back seat as well and ride quality may not be much better than the corolla (auto mags say ride quality not too good on civic), I am dropping civic.
I am not considering Octavia as I am very picky about car not scraping the bottom on speedbreakers. Bangalore tends to have huge speedbreakers or no roads in many cases. The Santro I have does not scrape anything even with 3-4 persons. I tried this on the corolla and it did not scrapoe anything as well.
Octavia has a low clearance and back seat is supposed to be cramped. Also a lot of the goodies that a Corolla H2 offers are not available at that price point(less than 12L).
Just wanted everybody's advise on these apects.
Old 26th April 2006, 13:22   #21
BHPian

if your thinking about ground clreance,... dont go for optra...
i have an optra in Hyderabad...
its very low it scrapes on almost every speedbraker if you dont slow down...
rest its the best...

i suggestion
1)Optra,
2)Elantra
3)Corolla
Old 26th April 2006, 14:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Here is another car u can consider - The V vresion of the Petrol Innova. It gives you nearly all the features of a saloon , with far greater comfort, more power, comparable FE and a very car like driving experience. . I think it is 10L OTR Bangalore with about 50K discount.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:18   #23
BHPian

if budget is not a constraint then skoda rs is the best.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit mohan
if budget is not a constraint then skoda rs is the best.
Dude,

He has already rejected the skoda on account of low GC. the RS has an even lower GC than the regular one!
Old 26th April 2006, 14:35   #25
Bob
BHPian

car Q

hi subbarp

have you decided yet

comparo beetwen optra & corrola is here.

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...ompetition.pdf

btw i'm happy optra owner.

thanx . . . BOB
Old 26th April 2006, 19:09   #26
BHPian

Test drive all 3 cars and buy the one which you prefer after the TD. On a personal note, i would vote for an Optra!

cheers
Old 5th May 2006, 14:13   #27

My recommendation is the Optra 1.6 . Looks wise its a stunner from any angle , decent interiors . I have been driving one for the last 1 & 1/2 years with nothing to complain at all.

Go for it Man !
Old 5th May 2006, 15:01   #28
BHPian

corolla all the way. there is no way in this world how optra or elantra cud compete with it. corolla is a complete package of power, looks and image.
Old 5th May 2006, 16:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Hi,

I do not like the sound even though the car may be protected. Ditto reason for not even looking at Octavia. Correct me if this is an incorrect impression.
Hey sub,

Don't know what you mean by this..
Old 5th May 2006, 16:42   #30
BHPian

If ground clearance if of such utmost priority, you may have to look at the Innova or the new top-end Scorpio. I believe the Cedia ground clearance is also pretty decent. The reviews I've seen of the Corolla seem unanimous that the car isn't worth the price.

My brother-in-law has owned an Octavia TDi for the past year in Bangalore and has never complained about belly scraping, so are you sure the Skoda will be problematic?

The current Elantra, though VFM, looks pretty awful, Hyundai has launched a new, classy European looking model internationally - might be worth the wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks