Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 17:18   #31
BANNED

Corolla - Great engine, rest of the car is bland. Overpriced IMO

Optra - Bland engine, crappy gearshift, rest of the car is great. Definitely more VFM (I bought Optra from the three)

Elantra - Bland everything. Good features for the price.

Cedia - I wouldn't buy this car, just to teach HM a lesson. Give us a REAL Lancer you jackasses!
Old 5th May 2006, 20:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would stay away from corolla and cedia.

Elantra is value for money
Optra is luxury and comfort
Skoda is reliability and brand image.
Old 5th May 2006, 21:07   #33
BHPian

go for the corola manual... dude i know mann this car really rocks....!!!
Old 6th May 2006, 13:50   #34

Cedia...

I will vote for a cedia (going by the lancer experience) .....the sports looks stunning in all the colors...I am in love with the way the grill looks like ....and the ground clearance is good 175mm. it is a 2k cc engine with a 120 horses' power...a decent FE in its class..

certainly scores over the other 3 alternatives...

Will also agree that the HM needs to learn a lesson..but still worth a buy...
Old 6th May 2006, 14:05   #35

I went in for Elantra due to the safety features. One thing to be aware of Elantra is the relatively low head clearence in the back seat. Otherwise this is a very good car with lots of room space.
Old 6th May 2006, 14:16   #36
BHPian

its easy...corolla.super performance,great fe,good comfort,good service,very reliable etc etc etc
Old 6th May 2006, 15:32   #37
BHPian

Corolla, without a doubt is the winner among the three, though I don't like the way it looks. For looks, I would like an Optra!
Old 7th May 2006, 19:26   #38
BHPian

i think you should go for the corolla....but if can wait a year on so then the new elantra is just round the corner....
Old 7th May 2006, 19:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Now the first question is how is your driving style ? Are you
1) Hooligan
2)ocassional Hooligan
3)Relaxed & Smooth driver
If you are a hooligan Corolla is the sure bet . Interiors are great and a 0- 100 timing of 8.9 secs cannot be ignored . Back seat comfort is good . The new is not great to look at.
Optra is stunning looker comapred to the rest . Gear shift is extremely notchy . Handling / Ride brilliant. Parts dont last long if you intend for rough use, it will start showing signs of its true origins .
Elantra is okay to look at . Back seat is too low . Resale value is rock bottom . Handling is bad. Ride is decent .
None of these choices are great if you are planning for a new one , I say you wait for 4 or 6 more months I am sure the new civic is just going to be right car for you .
Old 7th May 2006, 19:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Just a note on your view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendu79
I will vote for a cedia (going by the lancer experience) .....the sports looks stunning in all the colors...I am in love with the way the grill looks like ....and the ground clearance is good 175mm. it is a 2k cc engine with a 120 horses' power...a decent FE in its class..

certainly scores over the other 3 alternatives...

Will also agree that the HM needs to learn a lesson..but still worth a buy...
I have driven both of these hard and Cedia's engine is no where near the roaring corolla's 125 bhp rocket . I guess 1.8 lit 140 bhp Civic to be launced soon is the only one that can dethrone the perfomance king of the segment not taking into account RS coz its tubocharged . Fixing a tubo charger to a 1.8 lit Corolla engine will be very interesting .
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:28   #41
BHPian

Elantra CRDIGT

[SIZE=2]Elantra Crdi is out in the GT format. priced at 8.5 approx in Blore without the bells & whistles ( I guess). [/SIZE]
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
I have driven both of these hard and Cedia's engine is no where near the roaring corolla's 125 bhp rocket . I guess 1.8 lit 140 bhp Civic to be launced soon is the only one that can dethrone the perfomance king of the segment not taking into account RS coz its tubocharged . Fixing a tubo charger to a 1.8 lit Corolla engine will be very interesting .

And except performance and marginally better FE, corolla has nothin better to offer over the cedia.

neither comfort,
neither interior quality,
neither those sporty looks,
neither the ride, neither handling,
nor the price.

I dont see a .6 sec difference in the 0-100 dash to make a drastic impact in street GP's. But yes an excellent ride and handling package does make a difference. the highest torque rating in the segment does make a difference. Those sexy sporty looks do make a difference. Add a turbo to the 2.0 cedia and it will surely make corolla turbo cry with its overall capabilities with the performance difference decreasing even further.

I didnt really like the cedia at first but that car sure is capable and it grows on you. sat in ralliart 2.4 here and power is awesome. HM really should have got this 162hp rocket in India.

best VFM =Elantra CRDi (cedia CNG coming soon)
best Comfort, luxury and kit package = Optra
best overall car(with skoda petrol's death)= lancer cedia

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd May 2006 at 13:24.
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:41   #43
BANNED

I'll buy Corolla. Yes, just because it's a TOYOTA.
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:45   #44
BHPian

Optra ! Looks,luxury and road presence.

Corolla rear makes me want to throw up.

Elantra...well.....its outdated to say the least.
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Hi,

Considering the above 3 models. Let me first explain what I am looking at. I am looking at the upper C/entry C+ segment. I did not consider Honda City VTec as the ground clearance is low for Bangalore and it scraped the first speed breaker I encountered. I do not like the sound even though the car may be protected. Ditto reason for not even looking at Octavia. Correct me if this is an incorrect impression.

Among the rest, Optra-1.6 looks good from all perspectives except for the brand, resale value, service support and not having stuff like Climate control, CD changer, ABS, airbags etc. The ride quality does appear to be good.

I did not like the low seating on the Elantra though the car might be very good.

I sort of liked Corolla, the H2 variant. But the problem is that there are so many negative reports all over, about its braking, handling, ride quality, expensive spares etc. that it sort of puts me off. Even the auto magazines rate it lower than Elantra and Cedia on ost parameters. Its so confusing that I get a feeling, let me be happy riding my Santro that served me so well from 1999 without any problems.

I could wait for the Civic but then knowing Honda, even that may have a low clearance.

Any views from existing owners ?
If you are happy with your current car and not happy with the new car options available to you......DO NOT change your car.

May wait for a few months to check out the possible new cars..

1. New Accent (or verna)
2. Honda civic
3. Swift sedan
4. Skoda Fabia

probably one these might meet most of your requirements....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks