Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 18:16   #31
BHPian

Hello Saajan,
Yes that's right, 1000 Kms in less than 12 hours. Roads are that good. If you are doing the trip from Bombay to Delhi, then:-
  1. Take the NH8 highway via Ahmedabad. This road is part of the Quadrilangle and it has been completely built so, its blissful one side 4 lane drives all the way.
  2. You can go really fast as mentioned but be wary of traffic coming from the wrong side of the road as U turns are far apart.
  3. The drive from Mumbai to Ahmedabad is the BEST. They have got amazing twisty sections for you to leave your rubber marks behind. But please be careful, it is very easy to get carried away. Your tires have to be in the best of shape. if you need to upgrade, this is the best time.
  4. There is a 90 km stretch from Vadodara to Ahmedabad which is completely straight with 6 lanes on both sides. Moats line the road so no way for any man or animal to come your way. It is the perfect road to max your car and burn maximum fuel. 195 Kmph covered in half an hour. But please please be careful. I mean go fast but mantain a distance of atleast 20 meters behind a car at 80K and increase proportionally.
The whole trip took me 11.5+7 hours:
  1. Delhi to Ahmedabad - 950 kms (11.5 hrs) night halt
  2. Ahmedabad to Mumbai - 500 kms (7 hrs)
This includes innumerable stops for pee for Wife, myself and my 2 dogs (now please don't contact the SPCA)

Enjoy your trip and drive safely!!!

Cheers,
Burjis
Old 17th May 2006, 18:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv
i have one more doubht, can anybody please give me the model number of kenwood system provided with baleno vxi and also the make and number of speakers in baleno vxi.
The HU I think (I keep forgetting the model no.) is Kenwood KDC MP 4029 - MP3/WMA/CD. It comes with 4 speakers. Two Kenwood 6" round rears and 2 round fronts, probably 4". Don't recall the model no of the rears. The fronts are installed in the doors , hence can't see the model nos.

And yes, the spare is an alloy with the same tyre as the other 4.
Old 17th May 2006, 18:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani

also there is a orange light on the right hand side of the dashboard, kind of a twisted box, that came on a couple of times while returning, ny idea what that is?
I could be very much wrong here, but a "twisted box" icon on my Wagon R's dash is for the engine, so I would be worried if I had that icon popping up. Perhaps the Baleno shares the same kind of icons. Do correct me if I am wrong.
Old 18th May 2006, 09:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
195 Kmph covered in half an hour.
i hope there is a typo error.
Old 18th May 2006, 11:01   #35
BHPian

Hey Naveen,
It wasn't 195 kms in half an hour, it was 90 kms in half an hour at 195kmph being the top speed (Odo reading) and not average.

Burjis
Old 18th May 2006, 22:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
The HU I think (I keep forgetting the model no.) is Kenwood KDC MP 4029 - MP3/WMA/CD. It comes with 4 speakers. Two Kenwood 6" round rears and 2 round fronts, probably 4". Don't recall the model no of the rears. The fronts are installed in the doors , hence can't see the model nos.

And yes, the spare is an alloy with the same tyre as the other 4.

hi can u please give me the specifications and the site link to this players features i tried a search through google but couldnt find it.......
Old 18th May 2006, 22:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi can u please give me the specifications and the site link to this players features i tried a search through google but couldnt find it.......
for info abt ICE post in the ICE section. Welcome to TBHP
Old 19th May 2006, 16:05   #38
BHPian

Hi Premdiv !!

As for the stereo you can go for the one of your choice and get 8K reduced from the price dealer is quoting you bcoz the stereo in Aveo comes at an added price of 8K in the 1.4 base model.

Moreover the electronically controlled mirrors etc you have mentioned are not in Baleno base model either ( LXi costing 5.25 after discounts).

Baleno may have more power but Aveo 1.4 doesnt lack much in comparison either ... infact in terms of BHP stats, new Baleno 1.6 is 91 bhp and aveo 1.4 is 94 bhp.

I own an Aveo but not forcing it on you bcoz everybody has different taste and requirements.

In my case i cancelled my Baleno booking in December, the moment i got confirmed news that its geting phased out by end of 2006.

Now you decide as per your likings and priorities.
Old 19th May 2006, 21:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
Moreover the electronically controlled mirrors etc you have mentioned are not in Baleno base model either ( LXi costing 5.25 after discounts).
The electronic mirrors are standard fittment for both Baleno models...
Old 20th May 2006, 22:08   #40
BHPian

Hello everybody,

Finally i have booked my baleno today for 5.75 onroad price. The baby will be delivered by 28th may 2006. i took the aura alloys 12 spoke and remote keyless entry from suzuki japan, under body coat with 5 yr warranty, teflon coating which includes a 4 time coating in the first year. all these for 5.75 lakhs. thanx for all the support from team bhp and will get back to you after i ride my baby.
Old 20th May 2006, 22:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everybody,

Finally i have booked my baleno today for 5.75 onroad price. The baby will be delivered by 28th may 2006. i took the aura alloys 12 spoke and remote keyless entry from suzuki japan, under body coat with 5 yr warranty, teflon coating which includes a 4 time coating in the first year. all these for 5.75 lakhs. thanx for all the support from team bhp and will get back to you after i ride my baby.

sorry the package also includes 1 year extended warranty so total 3 yrs warranty. iam happy with this deal.........
Old 21st May 2006, 04:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
What about tires? And what music system do you plan on installing? Oh, and congrats on your purchase!!
Old 21st May 2006, 05:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. What colour??
Old 21st May 2006, 06:22   #44
BHPian

The color is Midnight Black and the player is not yet finalised probably pioneer 5*50 or so.but will install it only in around a months time. iam pretty much concerned about the warrranty of car if i do the installation outside. pls anybody tell me if the installation of Headunit is done without cutting the electrical wires and if i use locally available speaker wires for wiring, will it be ok or still they will argue. iam also going for 3 yr extended warranty scheme. pls help......
Old 21st May 2006, 08:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
...Finally i have booked my baleno today...
Welcome to Big B family (may the tribe increase!)...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks