Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2006, 13:27   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Welcome to Big B family (may the tribe increase!)...
please continue the help provided to me..... iam busy now with choosing a good HU. looking for pioneer 5750 or 5850 or so on.
Old 21st May 2006, 20:55   #47
BHPian

I'm a DUd when it comes to HU (I don't have a very refined ear for music)!!! Do tap me for other advice... All the best and enjoy your honeymoon...
Old 21st May 2006, 22:00   #48
BHPian

Congrats mate....im sure u wont regret ur decision...
Old 21st May 2006, 23:05   #49
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new Baleno, that's an amazing price. If you have questions on mods and ICE, please search or post in the right section.
Old 22nd May 2006, 02:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv
The color is Midnight Black and the player is not yet finalised probably pioneer 5*50 or so.but will install it only in around a months time. iam pretty much concerned about the warrranty of car if i do the installation outside. pls anybody tell me if the installation of Headunit is done without cutting the electrical wires and if i use locally available speaker wires for wiring, will it be ok or still they will argue. iam also going for 3 yr extended warranty scheme. pls help......
There is a plug that is available for esteem and Baleno that goes to fit in the original wiring socket privided for HU...now in order to fit amps..all the cutting and splicing is done on this add-on and the origialn wiring is left intact....
Old 3rd June 2006, 06:10   #51
BHPian

buddies i finally got my baleno yesterday. But when i used the rear power windows,it can be lowered to 2/3 of its position. The manual also refers to it as their design. But is this the case with all C segment cars. if so what is the advantage of such a design. From all baleno owners is there any way so that we can lower the rear power window to the lowest position near the beeding. Please help.......
Old 3rd June 2006, 07:01   #52
BHPian

Hey Premdiv... relax, the rear window 2/3 retraction is an anti-carjack design. Whether or not other cars have it, feel good that a lot of thought has gone into your Baleno's design!
Old 3rd June 2006, 08:48   #53
BHPian

congratulations on ur baleno premdiv. when r u getting ready 2 pack ur bags and hit the big roads to enjoy ur ride?
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:48   #54
Ram
Senior - BHPian

You can't go wrong with the Baleno!
It's spacious, quick, powerful, fuel-efficient, well-supported by the manufacturer,
proliferously raced and modified -- all kinds of mods are available for it.

The Baleno has the most powerful airconditioning in its class, power mirrors, power trunk release, and with so much Japanese-designed sound deadening installed, it is beautifully silent -- you can hardly hear the engine idle.

It's safer in a collision. Aveo has a very bad collision-safety record. It's a tall, ugly Daewoo Kalos from Pupyong, S. Korea, rebadged as a Chevrolet.

The Baleno has a visually balanced, respectable executive sedan look about it.
I love its soft curvy shape. It's a slightly older but proven Japanese (not Korean) design.

I have an observation as an artist and photographer. The advertisement photos of both Fiesta and Aveo, use extreme wide angle shots and trickery to beautify the presentation. I have a suggestion. Take your own photo of the Aveo and Fiesta from the second floor of a building (long shot). Take photos from a distance three car lengths away.

See how ugly and blocky they both look.

Balenos resell well too! When you sell it after 4 years, there will still be takers. Corporate purchasing in a top Indian software company buys a few hundred new cars and assists employees in selling the same number of four-year old cars each year.

India's top software companies buy Balenos in volumes -- Pearl Silver, Silky Silver and Beam Blue.

Let me go very briefly off-topic here. The choice of color of the car reflects its owner's personality.

I don't mean to offend anybody and I've owned three large black sedans myself, but increasingly I find a majority of black cars owned by careless insensitive people.
I know the guy who buys and sells cars in one of India's top software corporates. He also agreed that, black cars tend to be owned by people who drive rough and abuse cars. Also some Indians consider black culturally inauspicious. Maybe that's why they are harder to get rid off in the resale market.

Last edited by Ram : 3rd June 2006 at 13:04.
Old 3rd June 2006, 13:05   #55
BHPian

hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani

concorde nyway is much better than the 777 even though its 30-35 years old design.
a good thought....

Congrats on ur new car buddy... long way...
Old 3rd June 2006, 13:23   #56
BHPian

ram, what's your point of overselling to premdiv when he's already purchased a Baleno?
Old 3rd June 2006, 13:30   #57
BHPian

Hi bro.

You are right I READ in some Auto Magzine....about 2months back that Esteem and Baleno will be phased out and a new design Esteem / Baleno will be launched... I would say wait for few months and go for a new 1 or maybe go for the OLD MODEL ESTEEM/BALENO and AVAIL A GOOD DISCOUNT.... say OLD MODEL ESTEEM /BALENO....with a Discount of 1lakh......looks good to me ..... rest ur decision.
Old 3rd June 2006, 13:40   #58
BANNED

Ram, if I may disagree on a few points:

Baleno is pretty much everything you've said it is, but for a Japanese car, it's pretty crude and unrefined. I wasn't very impressed with the sound proofing and ride quality at all, especially when compared to Lancer (japanese) and then Optra (korean). Even the engine doesn't seem very refined. I think the only reason Baleno is fast is because of its light weight, not because the engine is particularly good.

Secondly, about the looks, Baleno looks are pretty debatable. I don't like tall boys either, but I still find Fiesta and Aveo to be leagues ahead in terms of refinement and overall finish. I prefer the Baleno's wedge shape any day, but I definitely don't find it to be a visual stunner.

And thirdly, I've had a black Gypsy King, a black Lancer and now a black Optra, all of which have been painstakingly loved and cared for by me. I'm not sure what you mean by personality of someone who drives a black car.

It is harder to look after a black car than any other colour. Black shows abuse much more clearly. Therefore a well-maintained black car will have been better looked after than a similar car of another colour.

Regards
Old 3rd June 2006, 14:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

@Ram, I just realized that myself as well as two other respected old men T-BHP (Rudra and Samurai) are careless insensitive people, since we all own black cars. Alright, I am just kidding and I hope, you were too
Old 3rd June 2006, 15:14   #60
BHPian

i too have a black baleno!!! it looks FANTASTIC. will post the pics soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks