Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends9811
plz Help Me To Decide To Opt For Wch Car,, Baleno Lxi Or Ford Flair--.
the Flair Looks Gud & Has Reasonable Rate.
the Baleno Is Powerful & Maruti Product.
plzz Suggest Me To Go For Which Car --i Know Abt Baleno But Not Abt Ford Products--so I Request U All Who Are Ford Owners(flair) Or Who Know Abt It Well.

As mentioned, the Flair cannot be compared with the Baleno in any way.
But, if you're budget is 5L and can't increase it, go for the Flair. Else, if you can afford the Baleno, don't even think of the Flair.

The Baleno would give the Flair a run for its money in all parameters except cost. It is more powerful and fun-to-drive car than the Flair, yet returns more mileage, has the Maruti service network, one of the cheapest spares in the segment and low maintenance. The Flair while cheaper initially could work out costly in the long run in terms of maintenance.
Test drive both, search for info about both cars on the forum, ask actual owners on the road and make your decision.

Also, check out this thread for info on the Ikon.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...kons-sale.html

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 23rd June 2006 at 13:55.
Old 29th June 2006, 21:01   #32

Plz Guide Me

Dear All,
I Am Planning To Buy New C Segment Car --- I Have Decided To Go For Fiat Petra....my Budget Is Under 6 Lac.--and I Have Read Much Gud Abt This Car--- Plz Suggest Me Whether It Is Really A Gud Car Or Is There Any Better Option Available.
Plz Help Me.

Regards
Friends.
Please dont use SMS language on the Forum and do not put first letter of every word in capitals
Threads Merged. Please continue your discussion here.

Last edited by adya33 : 30th June 2006 at 18:47.
Old 29th June 2006, 21:05   #33
BHPian

Better option at that budget? Try the Baleno LXi at around 5.6 lacs on the road price.

I'd guess the on the road price would be lower in Delhi, because of the lower road tax.
Old 29th June 2006, 21:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

hei, check these threads. Confusion abt this is very common and hence we haev many threads regarding this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ift-flair.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...air-1-3-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-below-6l.html
Old 29th June 2006, 21:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

first post your requirements here.

There is no good or bad car but a car for every requirement.
Old 29th June 2006, 22:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Have Read Much Gud Abt This Car
You read that right!

Quote:
Plz Suggest Me Whether It Is Really A Gud Car
Yes it is a good car. A fantastic car in fact. But then it depends on what you want from your car. What is a good car for one individual may not be so for another. This doesn't mean that the car is bad, it just means that the buyer found what he was looking for from his new car in a different model. So list your requirments and then people can suggest you whether Petra suits you or not. If you are looking for a solidly built car with clean sexy looks, fantastic performance, very strong and smooth suspension set up, then Petra will make you happy.
Old 29th June 2006, 22:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Do not forget to check out owner's reviews about the car AND test drive the car before you any.
Old 30th June 2006, 10:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Go for the car dude. It is a brilliant car with an amazing engine. As far as the engine goes, teh Baleno gives the Petra a tough fight (I just love the Baleno's engine). But in all other respects as a car, the Petra has it licked- be it build quality, ride, handling, suspension etc. Oh yes, teh Baleno is a little more fuel efficient than the Petra, on account of a lighter body.

In the end you cant go wrong with either of these two.

My choice- The Petra.

Cheers and keep us posted of ur decision!
Old 30th June 2006, 10:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

@friends9811, you had earlier created a thread on your car purchase, which is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...z-suggest.html

Why another thread for the same ?
Also, its a waste of time/effort of those that comment/advice on the correct car.

@Mods, maybe you could merge both the threads.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 30th June 2006 at 10:37.
Old 25th July 2006, 09:20   #40

help me to go for which car?????

Dear all,
thanx for ur valuable sugesstions, its been long for me to decide to go for which car----i have tried & taken test drives of all the cars wich were suggested to me by u all friends----and finally i have three cars in my list---and i really want ur voting & comments to choose one.
1.hyudai accent (gle)
2.ford flair
3.maruti esteem (lxi)
apart from there looks & performance they suit my budget.

So plz help me fast --as i am planning to buy this car on 27-7-06.

regards & thanx.
friends.
Old 26th July 2006, 15:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
thanx for ur valuable sugesstions, its been long for me to decide to go for which car----i have tried & taken test drives of all the cars wich were suggested to me by u all friends----and finally i have three cars in my list---and i really want ur voting & comments to choose one.
1.hyudai accent (gle)
2.ford flair
3.maruti esteem (lxi)
apart from there looks & performance they suit my budget.

So plz help me fast --as i am planning to buy this car on 27-7-06.

regards & thanx.
friends.

I've driven the three cars before settling for a GLE in June 2005. Accent GLE is the one I can safely recommend. Although Esteem is an equally good choice the Accent scores better in looks and interior space. Also the features are more for Accent compared to other cars. The reasons I recommend Accent GLE:

I own one GLE. Done 44,000 kms in 13 months and no issues at all. I'll say its a headache free car. I'm from Kerala which is a humid and rainy place but still there is no rusting at all for any minute part. Maintenance cost is the cheapest amng the three, yes cheaper than esteem as per some of my friends. Dont need to pay even for the engine oil for the first three free services.

Posted my ownership report in the website. Spend a total of 30,000 rupees including service and every other items purchased for the car which includes even the carpet floor mat, air fresheners etc.

It has much better performance than Ikon Flair. I hope you must have realised after taking the test drive. Although Ikon Flair is supposed to have a better handling. But can't say there is a very huge difference. Ride comfort for Accent is the best compared to others.

Average mileage i'm getting is 11.8 to 13.8 kms/l depending on the road and traffic conditions. Has clocked 17 kms/l on highways once. Worst mileage ever recorded was 10.45 km/l after driing for around 35 kms in city. Service regularly and you may even clock more than this.

Reliable and durable car. Service is excellent.

Now for the negative part. Rear leg space wont be comfortable for persons with height of 6 feet or above. Front seats dont come with height adjusters but then I guess no car in this segment comes with that. But either the front seats can be replaced or can be modded to make it adjustable. Its your choice.

Final word: New Accent is due to be launched. Worth waiting for it to know the pricing. Its a much better car, in fact will be the best in the segment if priced right.

Baleno is in fact a better car minus the looks but resale value is lower compared to Accent.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 26th July 2006 at 15:35.
Old 26th July 2006, 16:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
finally i have three cars in my list---and i really want ur voting & comments to choose one.
1.hyudai accent (gle) 2.ford flair 3.maruti esteem (lxi)
apart from there looks & performance they suit my budget. So plz help me fast --as i am planning to buy this car on 27-7-06
All the 3 are good cars with their own pros and cons. If you want a bigger car feel and comparitively better looks, go for the Accent. If you want a quick car, with the best FE among the 3 and cheapest maintenance, go for the Esteem. Drawback is that it has been here for many years and some people dont like its looks now. The Ikon is also pretty nice car, with FE same as or a little more than Accent, but less than Esteem. Maintenance cost could be higher than the other two cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76
Maintenance cost is the cheapest amng the three, yes cheaper than esteem as per some of my friends. Dont need to pay even for the engine oil for the first three free services. Spend a total of 30,000 rupees including service and every other items purchased for the car which includes even the carpet floor mat, air fresheners etc.
You say that maintenance is the cheapest and then say you spent 30K in 13 months. Could you please explain that ? In 16 months of owning my Baleno, my maintenance costs are 1300 (oil+filter change at 1st and 3rd free service).

Quote:
Baleno is in fact a better car minus the looks but resale value is lower compared to Accent.
I hate to bring the Baleno here, bcos the buyer did not shortlist it. But since you brought this up, could not help replying. Well, looks are subjective and Accent is anyway not a fresh car in the market to appeal based on looks. So, ignoring that part, how did you come to the "resale value is lower than Accent" theory. Did you ever try looking for a used Baleno ? Chances are you won't find anyone ready to sell and even if available, the depreciation is on the lines of the other C-segmenters (as evident from the experiences of some tbhp-ians who tried to buy used Balenos). Resale value is a pretty vague topic and depends a lot on the car condition, brand etc. Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Maybe be could discuss this via PMs if you want to take it further.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th July 2006 at 16:59.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeBaleno
You say that maintenance is the cheapest and then say you spent 30K in 13 months. Could you please explain that ? In 16 months of owning my Baleno, my maintenance costs are 1300 (oil+filter change at 1st and 3rd free service).
Mr. Baleno dont jump so high. You'll hurt more wen u come down. The amount 30,000 I said included watever extra fittings I've on my car which includes JBL speaker systems etc. Ok forget it. I'll tell only the service charges:

1st Service (1500 kms): Rs. 23
2nd Service (10000kms): Rs. 23
3rd Service (20000 kms): Rs. 23

4th paid Service (30000 kms): Rs. 3169 (includes Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation etc)
Spare parts changed at this service: Engine Oil and Filter, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Coolant etc which had to be changed according to Hyundai guidelines. Now a major service like this comes at 60,000 kms)

5th Paid Service (40000kms): Rs. 1200 (Engine Oil and Filter, Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Rotation etc)

Other spare part changed: Brake pads at 25000 kms , Rs. 1667

I've bought another set of brake pads of the same quality for next time which costs only 625 rupees including labor cost.

So total spend on car for service till date is Rs. 6105. Rest all of the amount was spend on extra items. And when I bought the car I was given free gifts worth arnd 10000 rupees like Anti theft system, Pioneer CD system and speakers, carpet floor mats and they painted the rear view mirrors, door handles, and waist moulding body colored (Noble White).

About Esteem's performance I guess Esteem is better at initial speeds. But for cruising at higher gears I guess it cant beat an Accent and Ikon.

I said abt Baleno only to think of it twice. It's ofcourse a better car. Thts the reason for me to say and you dont have any right to say against it. Resale value may be a vague topic for you, but not for everyone.

You are not still into your paid service. Your free service costed 1300 and mine was 69 rupees. Hope that satisfies you.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 26th July 2006 at 17:37.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Baleno dont jump so high. You'll hurt more wen u come down.
No one was jumping anywhere. I was asking you to explain your contradictory statements. Dont know why you have to get so agitated about that.

Anyway, in your previous post you mentioned
Quote:
Spend a total of 30,000 rupees including service and every other items purchased for the car which includes even the carpet floor mat, air fresheners etc.
The carpet, mat fresheners etc are trivial items and what remained was service, which was why I had that question. Anyway, I stand enlightened now. Thanks.

Quote:
1st Service (1500 kms): Rs. 23
What was this 23 charged for? They could have as well waived off the small change.

Quote:
Resale value may be a vague topic for you, but not for everyone.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, let us not discuss a Baleno on this thread, where it is not relevant. So, if it is not vague for you, could you please enlighten me on your resale theory via PM ?
Old 26th July 2006, 18:06   #45

Dear All,
I Am Still Confused To Go For Which Car? I Have Dropped The Idea About Ford Flair----after Some Of My Friends Insisted Not To Go For This Car.
So Now I Have Only Two Better Options, Esteem Lxi Or Accent Gle.
So Plzzzzz Help Me To Decide One Of Them.

Regards
Friends9811.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks