Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 10:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

There is no absolute rule on this,

But if you are going to keep your car for 8 years, better get a new one. It will be worth the money.

Though a used car is always a used car, A good example may work out if its fine with you.

My thumbs up for a new one.
Old 18th August 2006, 20:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

The main reason I am afraid of buying new vehicles anymore is problems I faced with my brand new Swift from last 5 months, one or other problems keep coming and problems not ending although I wait with lot of patience.

I have lost faith in new vehciles the way MUL handled in my case.

Ravi.
Old 10th September 2006, 13:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

This thread can be closed. Thank you team for your valuable feedback.

Ravi.
Old 10th November 2006, 21:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am back with this thread, I have a friend who is looking for small carlike swift or Santro, We might exchange our vehicles, He owns Blue petrol Innova G4, I own Swift VXI both cars baught in March 2006 and my vehicle has covered around 11K and his around 8K, Decision will be taken in couple of days. I might agree to pay him 3 lacs and my Swift for his Innova.

This seems very good idea although I don't want to leave my swift since from last 4000 KM I am very happy with the car.

I have paid on road price of 5.4 for my Swift VXI including accessories and he paid around 9.2 lacs for his Innova including accessories. as per depreciation my vehicle market price is 4lacsand his Innova its 7 lacs. So this sounds very good deal, Only holding up issue is If we decide or not

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th November 2006, 23:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is right.Condition of the car you will know best and As far as a used vehicle is concerned this may be your safest bet also you still have warranty from manufacturer.This is a pretty good deal and if you have made up your mind for a petrol innova then you should go ahead with the deal.

edited-
Read your earlier posts and feel you should go ahead with petrol innova,just be extra careful at the filling stations where attendants might accidently fill diesel instead of petrol.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 10th November 2006 at 23:17.
Old 10th November 2006, 23:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

its a BIG move...from a small car to an oversize....i think you should stick to the swift.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I heard Corolla is more comfortbale in back seat than Civic.
I think it is. Spacewise both may be same but you have easy ingress/egress in Corolla + you dont hear screeches at the bottom(belly scraping) when you are 5 or 6 in the car.
Check out Embera as well at current prices.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:27   #38
BHPian

the toyota corolla would be a good car but its better u go for the petrol innova if its being driven by a chauffer and that would be comfotable for ur parents too..
Old 11th November 2006, 07:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Great thanks Guys for your usefull thoguhts Innova guy should reach my home in 30 minutes I will be back with the status and if any questions I have, couple of weeks back I saw that Innova and test driven it as well now my mechanic and family members will be inspecting it also myself

I felt 7 lacs for this Innova is good deal.

Ravi.
Old 11th November 2006, 09:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I felt 7 lacs for this Innova is good deal.

Ravi.
What is the current OTR price for a similar Innova? I thought rates had dropped. Take that into consideration too.
Old 11th November 2006, 10:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Innova G4 On road price is 9.2 lacs, they give 40K discount, so its 8.8 on road, this vehicle has 20,000 RS accessories which is very less for Innova so its worth 9 lacs on road, considerring that I guess 7 lacs is the right price since vehcile is 8 months old and driven for 8000 KM.

We have checked it everyone liked it also my mechanic ceritfied it. I recomanded him Santro AT which is very good I heard based on my friend
who owns it for more than 4 years now.

They guy who is selling his innova looking for a small car and is more interested on automated car than geared vehicle like swift, so he said frankly his final decision is to buy automated car, since he stayd in USA his more interest is on auotmated car also his wife 's interest.

So I will decide this within a day.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th November 2006, 11:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Any milage[kmpl] quotes from the owners especially in bangalore traffic.
Old 11th November 2006, 14:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

He said he gets around 8 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic and 11 kmpl on higway! I can see he is very honest with the figures.

Ravi.
Old 12th November 2006, 16:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

These figure are with th AC on right.
Old 12th November 2006, 16:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats right he always keeps AC on, infact I noticed he never switch off AC even during engine start :( He also says he can't trust Indian high
octane Petrol.

My freind has quoted me 4.25 lacs to buy my Swift VXI shown in this page http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/ravibhat.html

I have paid 5.4 lacs on road when I baught it in MArch 2006, It has wonderfull (bit too much of accessories .. ) goodies, He always wanted to buy my car now it appears he is going to buy my swift and I am trying to
fix a price for Innova which I am planning to buy from a person who is looking for Santro AT. I hope this deal gets done in couple of days.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks